Author Topic: PITCH  (Read 1893 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: PITCH
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 12:21:49 PM »
I am sure that Holt and Lappin signing's will create plenty of comment on the forum going forward.

To kick it off.... what are people expecting ?   Both have played Premiership football ( Lappin a few games)  but both have not had any Football action for a good while, Lappin also coming back from a bad injury.  Will The temptation be to get them straight in the team or will they get a few games with Backie to get themselves back up to match fitness ?

I just hope that if they are put straight into the action that they are match fit enough to do themselves justice. 

Lets not forget we have had the likes of  JJ, Such, and Andy Johnson with us in the not to do distant past, none of which pulled up any trees.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 12:39:47 PM »
To kick it off.... what are people expecting?...Lets not forget we have had the likes of  JJ, Such, and Andy Johnson with us in the not to do distant past, none of which pulled up any trees.

Yet you have happily posted that they won't fail.  I HOPE they don't but there are no guarantees how former full-time players age / will adjust to the step down / recover from injury without the support of a professional backroom (delete as applicable).  Personally I think Lappin will have more to offer if he can get himself match fit although playing him and Jarvis in the same side might prove a bit harder but happy that there is now potential cover in that role, also if Lappin can also do some coaching there are now plenty in the squad who are still young enough to benefit (as we have already seen with the difference IC has made to many). 

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 12:48:58 PM »
if Lappin can also do some coaching there are now plenty in the squad who are still young enough to benefit (as we have already seen with the difference IC has made to many).
Good point Tony. On that note, apparently we are also trying to be sign 17 year old striker Toby Allen from March Town FC, so its nice to see Club keeping an eye on the future with younger players as well as 1st team squad strengthening.
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »
To kick it off.... what are people expecting?...Lets not forget we have had the likes of  JJ, Such, and Andy Johnson with us in the not to do distant past, none of which pulled up any trees.

Yet you have happily posted that they won't fail.  I HOPE they don't but there are no guarantees how former full-time players age / will adjust to the step down / recover from injury without the support of a professional backroom (delete as applicable).  Personally I think Lappin will have more to offer if he can get himself match fit although playing him and Jarvis in the same side might prove a bit harder but happy that there is now potential cover in that role, also if Lappin can also do some coaching there are now plenty in the squad who are still young enough to benefit (as we have already seen with the difference IC has made to many).

Tony, there was me thinking you were a smart cookie  :laughcry: ( Im sure you are)  The reason I believe they wont fail is one reason and one reason only..... Ian Culverhouse.  They guy comes from a pro background and is used to dealing with Pro's.  he will know when a player is trying it on and wont be swayed by reputation.   SC has given him the tools ( budget) to do the job would he put it at risk ?  He must believe what he  is signing is 2 players who can still do it

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2017, 01:01:58 PM »
Two great signings for the club let's hope it gets bums on seats  am I pleased you bet your life I am that,

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2017, 01:34:45 PM »
With big expenditure comes great expectation. I would guess just a play off place not to be good enough now. With these signings its got to be with the aim of winning the title!
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 03:02:07 PM »
Surely Adam that was the target at the start of the season.  Nothing has changed.  All that's happened is The Chairman has given the main man more tools to make it happen.   Reach for the Moon, if you miss it you will hopefully land amongst the Stars.

Be interesting to see how crazy the online  ticket sales have gone today. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2017, 04:33:42 PM »
For those of you interested, apparently there is a man on a Mower on the Pitch at this very moment!   :scarf:

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2017, 04:46:36 PM »
Gris has been quiet of late, wonder if it's him lol
 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2017, 05:19:46 PM »
Surely Adam that was the target at the start of the season.  Nothing has changed.  All that's happened is The Chairman has given the main man more tools to make it happen.   Reach for the Moon, if you miss it you will hopefully land amongst the Stars.

Do you mean Saddlebow?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2017, 06:45:08 PM »
I wonder what Buster would make of things at The Walks. For many years the Speedway has drawn the bigger crowds. The winds of change are approaching ?