Author Topic: Major signings.  (Read 2294 times)

Adam

• View Profile
Major signings.
« on: October 09, 2017, 10:43:15 AM »
According to Norwich Media, Grant Holt is signing for Lynn. I still expect Lappin to be with us as well.
Lots of activity down Walks at moment, and with Mr Cleeve forecasting a big gate for tomorrow, I would expect us to hear something official very soon.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-city-legend-grant-holt-on-the-verge-of-signing-for-king-s-lynn-town-1-5228208
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Major signings.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 10:47:22 AM »
Wow Wow and thrice Wow...  That is some serious intent. 

Adam, may I ask are you connected to Stephen Cleeve in some way, you seem to have a lot of inside information.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 11:07:23 AM »
Wow Wow and thrice Wow...  That is some serious intent. 

Adam, may I ask are you connected to Stephen Cleeve in some way, you seem to have a lot of inside information.
Not in particular. Reading social media since I last posted, it would appear that its common knowledge with some friends of some of the sponsors anyway.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 11:23:56 AM »
If these 2 are coming in I just hope we don't have pages and pages of doom n gloom about the end of the world is nigh, and this kind of spending will bankrupt the Club again.  Stephen Cleeve is a successful businessman so should know what he is doing.   Ok these guys wont be cheap, but I really hope the fans will come out now and support the Chairman in his efforts.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 11:35:38 AM »
If these 2 are coming in I just hope we don't have pages and pages of doom n gloom about the end of the world is nigh, and this kind of spending will bankrupt the Club again.  Stephen Cleeve is a successful businessman so should know what he is doing.   Ok these guys wont be cheap, but I really hope the fans will come out now and support the Chairman in his efforts.
Mallard, if the wind changes you run the risk of having that tongue stuck in your cheek for ever!

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 11:38:15 AM »
Greg Plummer‏ @GregTheLynnNews

Breaking news: @SouthernLeague1 side @officialKLtown complete the marquee signings of ex @NorwichCityFC players Grantholt and Simon Lappin

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 11:49:02 AM »

Mallard, I sure it won't surprise you that I am firmly in that group.  OK, maybe not the 'end of the world' but given that we a) have loads of strikers who are there or thereabouts at this standard and b) we are badly in need of a more physical midfielder I really can't see that these are any more than 'vanity signings' on behalf of Mr Cleeve.  I am sure he will point to gate rises as being some sort of justification (and to a degree he will have a point if gates do rise although I can't think that will cover the cost) but there is a real danger that all that IC has built so far and is building for the future will get washed away in signing these two.  Personally now in two minds about attending tomorrow night if it looks like it will be a circus rather than a football match

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 12:21:56 PM »
If lynn have signed these two -  I wonder who is going the other way  and if not who will now be on the bench as I expect these two to start. any thoughts ??

LinnetsSoccer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 12:22:23 PM »
  Personally now in two minds about attending tomorrow night if it looks like it will be a circus rather than a football match

A circus of footballing excellence. COYL.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 12:22:48 PM »
Tony,  If it works then its a great piece of business. If it fails ( lt wont) then there will be egg on faces everywhere.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 12:26:38 PM »
If lynn have signed these two -  I wonder who is going the other way  and if not who will now be on the bench as I expect these two to start. any thoughts ??

It will be interesting to see if both target men ( Gash and Holt) are given a job share roll.  Gask not 100% on the return from injury and Holt having not kicked a ball in anger for 6 months.   Gillies, Hilliard and Siddons cant all be kept, ( what would be the point) so maybe a couple of these will be on their way.   Or will IC go for 2 big uns up top and we Mettam gets benched or shown the door.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 12:45:14 PM »
Many had already thought that the squad was carrying one too many forward players so if Holt can genuinely get himself fit enough to play at our level then at least one (more probably two) will be on their way.  I suppose there is the option of loaning Hillard out but perhaps he is the one with the most to gain (learn) from Holt's presence, as for Siddons and Gillies then I think both would be looking elsewhere for 1st team football assuming Gash is happy to  stay and share time with Holt - really can't see a way of fitting both Gash and Holt into a starting 11.

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 02:32:28 PM »
The" biggest signing ever" in grant holt, well done mr chairman... :clap:

Ben,G

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 03:20:06 PM »
Most of you moaned when we did not have a big enough squad . Now your moaning we have to big a squad. I do agree something will have to give ,Gash ,Metts , Siddons , toby, gillies and now holt .