Author Topic: Hitchin at Home  (Read 1344 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Hitchin at Home
« on: October 10, 2017, 07:43:12 AM »
With all the excitement surrounding the 2 stellar signings lets not forget there is the little matter of 3 points up for grabs tonight.  With Lynn at home and the 3 teams above all having what look tricky away fixtures, a chance to move up a place or 2.

Put yourself in IC's shoes ( boots)  would you go with either Holt or Lappin, have them on the bench or just doing a watching brief ?

Interesting side note... Could Holt and Lappin make their debuts against the Canaries ?  Tonight could see that happen.

4-1 Lynn Gate of   1066 ( what a year that was).  Gash hat trick

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Hitchin at Home
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 08:11:11 AM »
Neither in the starting 11 for me, no news on Mettam which is a disappointment although understandable with all the sideshow going on yesterday.  Assuming he is out then I would be happy with a 2-1 win in front of 850.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 09:07:17 AM »
1415 another good year Mallard and I'm going for this as the attendance. 3-1 to Lynn, against an improving Hitchin side - Holt comes off the bench to score the third.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 09:21:47 AM »
Good old St Crispins day.  Can just hear IC giving his version of Henry V speech.  All good men and true and all that  :laughcry:

Think Im getting My Bill Mixed up there  :laughcry:  It ok for you English Teachers out there.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:26:52 AM »
1966 gate ! ( a really good footballing year and one when we could enjoy watching the national team)
Great to see that Grant and Simon have made Norfolk their family homes. I have previously posted re: lack of game changers on the bench; that has now been addressed! The opportunity now exists for our younger players to develop even more ( i.e. Toby and Dylan ) and they will need to do it rapidly!!

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 09:40:57 AM »
IMO this gives the squad more depth I would imagine that these will be our highest paid players so the fans want to see them play- but can or will they stand  the 2 games a week that we often play ?? also I expect teams to up there game when they play us as we now have big names playing for us. I also expect the opposition to leave there foot in as well when tackling these two. Great signings  and I hope we finish in the top 2 and get automatic promotion but time will tell. we now have a good squad today but if players leave through not getting game time and I can understand that will we bring in more players ?? I can imagine injuries and suspensions will play a big part as well. a mate of mine pointed out if Holt and lappin do
well what happens if someone comes in and offers Stupid money for them would we sell them  ?? lets enjoy the ride while
we can

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 09:46:48 AM »
I don't think Holt will have any problem doing 2 games a week.  He is an expert at conserving energy.  I liked his comment about him running the channels.  :laughcry:  Still there is first time for everything.   lappin has had a bad one, so Im sure IC will make allowances for that and manage the situation accordingly.   We have a decent midfield 4 at present so adding another body allows the  boss to shuffle his pack.

Strikers... Covered..... Midfield Covered...

Backline....... ???? 

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 09:50:17 AM »
I would like to see a good crowd tonight, but it is a midweek game, I will guess at 4-1 to us, 800 attendance.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 10:15:06 AM »
IMO this gives the squad more depth I would imagine that these will be our highest paid players so the fans want to see them play- but can or will they stand  the 2 games a week that we often play ?? also I expect teams to up there game when they play us as we now have big names playing for us. I also expect the opposition to leave there foot in as well when tackling these two. Great signings  and I hope we finish in the top 2 and get automatic promotion but time will tell. we now have a good squad today but if players leave through not getting game time and I can understand that will we bring in more players ?? I can imagine injuries and suspensions will play a big part as well. a mate of mine pointed out if Holt and lappin do
well what happens if someone comes in and offers Stupid money for them would we sell them  ?? lets enjoy the ride while
we can

Only the winner gets automatic promotion.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 10:22:00 AM »
I would like to see a good crowd tonight, but it is a midweek game, I will guess at 4-1 to us, 800 attendance.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

In 2012 on a Tuesday night, 1,123 watched Lynn at home to Colville - I reckon that there will be more interest in tonight's game. Holt is a Norwich legend and support for Norwich in the county is phenomenal.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 10:45:11 AM »
I will go for a 2 2 draw.
An attendance under the thousand would be a disappointment.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 11:53:55 AM »

In 2012 on a Tuesday night, 1,123 watched Lynn at home to Colville - I reckon that there will be more interest in tonight's game. Holt is a Norwich legend and support for Norwich in the county is phenomenal.

What a litmus paper test this could be between the existing Chairman and the previous one.

In The red corner you have Steve Cleeve, not afraid to put his hand in his pocket and sign big names but seemingly lacks the skills to get the right people in to market the product effectively.

In The Blue Corner Buster Chapman, who kept his hand firmly in pocket with regard to budget's ( in comparison To SC) but was the leading Sport's promoter in the Area and

could be suggested a marketing genius ( You have to be good to get people to cough up £17 a week to watch Speedway)

Which will get the biggest gate  Buster in 2012  or Stephen in 2017. ??

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 12:26:59 PM »
Stephen for me :nilpoints: plus he wears Armani suits  :worship:

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 12:40:38 PM »
Cracking question Mallard  -  that season  we won the league hauling in Coalville was brilliant and the crowds got behind the team so the supporters casual or otherwise turned up - now 5 years on until we get the buzz back I can still see it only being about 600 - 800. I think peoples attitudes have changed towards football in general  and some peoples family budgets are stretched to the limit  so I will wait and see what the attendances are like . I think to start with casual supporters will want to see the new players but long term not so sure.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 01:40:02 PM »
I think saturday will pull a big gate,go for 1000 + saturday. yup yup. :scarf: :scarf:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.