Author Topic: Kings Langley at home  (Read 1196 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Kings Langley at home
« on: October 11, 2017, 12:52:24 PM »
With all 3 of the teams above us in FA Cup action on Saturday a win would see us move up to at least 2nd level on points with Kettering who are at the top.

Kings Langley have only gained one league victory this season.  So it would seem a  perfect opportunity to move up to level top, and maybe improve our goal difference.

Any thoughts on the Line-up, result, gate ?

Can see the same starting line-up with Holt and Lappin again appearing from the bench.     5-0 win in front of 1221

JayKLTFC

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Kings Langley at home
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 02:54:20 PM »
Can't see it being more than last nights game with Norwich playing and most only appearing for one. Will go for another 1k though 1050 and a 4-0 win for Lynn. Team unchaged and bringing the lads on a bit earlier on this time. Would even consider starting Siddons so we have 2 up top.

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 02:58:30 PM »
3-0 score, 900 attendance, with a couple of players resting :dontknow: Jarvis & clunan for mcquaid & lappin?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »
3-0 score, 900 attendance, with a couple of players resting :dontknow: Jarvis & clunan for mcquaid & lappin?

Even with the two new additions, I really don't think the squad is strong enough to rest either Jarvis or Clunan let alone both of them.  Hopefully if we can start better Saturday there maybe scope to give Lappin a bit more game time which will hopefully rectify that reliance.  Would like to see us revert to the previous back four for Saturday as I think Tuesday showed we don't currently have the personnel to play with a back three - limited the midfield, particularly in the first half against 11 and blunted both full back who were shadows of their usual selves.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 02:20:22 PM »
Whilst I take your point Tony I do wonder what level Jarv and Clunan can keep performing at when they are asked to go Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday etc.   Legs at some point will need resting.  IC seems to have a lot of faith in young McQuaid  so maybe he will get dipped in now and then.  Once Lappin gets up to speed I think maybe IC will start to rotate his midfield options. 

With the 3 big uns at the back  policy that seems be coming to the fore we could perhaps do with an additional body in there.   Which might be on the cards as rumours has it that one or 2 could be on their way.

The squad is looking ever more powerful and when you see it listed it does make very pleasant reading.

Street

Norman
Blake Tracey
Fryatt
Gaughran
Ward
Castellan
Frary

Hawkins
Whayman
Parker
Jarvis
Clunan
McQuaid
Lappin

Siddons
Gash
Mettam
Gillies
Hilliard
Holt

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 02:26:00 PM »
The lad mcquaid has done more than enough in his outings to allow a rest for clunan, as for Jarvis surely lappin has the pedigree to keep, and knock the ball around against a relatively mediocre side :dontknow: totally agree reverting back to a flat back four, even if the full backs imo are more suited as wing backs, more so Cameron norman...I do feel the midfield trio of clunan, parker, and Jarvis need a break with some big games looming in a few weeks!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 02:44:57 PM »
Back  4 at Weymouth shipped 3......   Back 3 ( or 5 depending how you want to look at it ) Clean Sheet.   Home game against a bottom 6 side who have only won once this season..... Go For it.  Stick with the 3

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 05:47:57 PM »
Back 3 or 4, I was surprised to look at the table and see that we've got the best defensive record in the league, as far as goals allowed. Thought we'd been good, but didn't realise that good.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 06:03:22 PM »
The lad mcquaid has done more than enough in his outings to allow a rest for clunan, as for Jarvis surely lappin has the pedigree to keep, and knock the ball around against a relatively mediocre side :dontknow: totally agree reverting back to a flat back four, even if the full backs imo are more suited as wing backs, more so Cameron norman...I do feel the midfield trio of clunan, parker, and Jarvis need a break with some big games looming in a few weeks!!

Appreciate the need to try and give Clunan and/or Jarvis a bit of a break but I don't think Lappin is yet 'match sharp' and I remain to be convinced that McQuaid can yet start at this level, he is still young and will get better with time and exposure to IC and others in training but probably look to him having spells swapping with Whayman in the reserves so that neither becomes a perpetual 'unused sub'.  For me Saturday is an opportunity to put the pressure back on the teams around us and for that I would go with our strongest 11 starters and only look to rest players if we can kill the game off.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 06:59:09 PM »
rumours has it that one or 2 could be on their way.

Street

Norman
Blake Tracey
Fryatt
Gaughran
Ward
Castellan
Frary

Hawkins
Whayman
Parker
Jarvis
Clunan
McQuaid
Lappin

Siddons
Gash
Mettam
Gillies
Hilliard
Holt

Big squad to keep happy Mallard. Who would you think are on their way out? Of course the complication could be that so many are on contract, so maybe loan deals will be the order of the day.
No disrespect to any of the Lads but if its two as you suggest, my money is on Gillies and Frary now his loan spell with Derehsm has ended.
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 07:34:52 PM »
You might well be right. Neither were in the squad Tuesday night and this with Mettam out as well so a little bit down the pecking order.  Saturday will be interesting to see if they get a run out in the Reserves.

Lindsays Boot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 07:40:45 PM »
I heard on Tuesday night that Gillies had gone on loan to Soham Town