Author Topic: Weymouth v Lynn  (Read 9478 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
Re: Weymouth v Lynn
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 12:10:04 PM »
Can't believe it was 2001 since I last went away to weymuff. :oldman"

Attleborough Doug

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 02:16:00 PM »
Difficult one for me. Altho' I've lived in Norfolk since 1972 (so I'm almost accepted !) I was born and bred in Weymouth, leaving when I was just a young lad of 18 in search of work. My dear Mum (92) still lives in Weymouth just a few minutes from the ground. Does anyone remember the original ground --  the Rec  --  not far from the harbour ? I'll go for a scoring draw 1 - 1

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 06:33:34 PM »
Difficult one for me. Altho' I've lived in Norfolk since 1972 (so I'm almost accepted !) I was born and bred in Weymouth, leaving when I was just a young lad of 18 in search of work. My dear Mum (92) still lives in Weymouth just a few minutes from the ground. Does anyone remember the original ground --  the Rec  --  not far from the harbour ? I'll go for a scoring draw 1 - 1

Likewise Doug, IO was born in Weymouth and spent my youth in Poole so split loyalties all round.

However, King's Lynn is my adoptive town so - COYL.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 10:01:07 AM »
Good luck you linnets

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 10:26:00 AM »

Doug and Mike whatever possessed you to come to King's Lynn from sunny Weymouth. Hope your nose bleeds have stopped

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 11:23:52 AM »

Doug and Mike whatever possessed you to come to King's Lynn from sunny Weymouth. Hope your nose bleeds have stopped

Have you seen the house prices down there? lol.

Seriously, I served 22years in the RAF (Regiment) and ended up at RAF Marham. Met a local Terrington Girl (Viking) and the rest is history.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 11:32:33 AM »
Nice one Mike  Yes pity you hadn't kept a house there lol Well u and Doug are nearly locals lol

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 05:11:13 PM »
I have just got in from work and seen that Lynn went down. The league table will be interesting as the two teams below managed away wins against the two teams above. Watch this space......

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 09:57:46 AM »
Not an unexpected result looking at current form and stats

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 11:51:02 AM »
But are we progressing as a team......Sometimes I think so but then I feel, one step forward then one back? I fully support the youth and local recruitment policy - something I have been advocating for a long time but as I have posted on several occasions, for this policy to be succesful in terms of first team performance you need your more experienced players to exert their influence consistently and particularly when the going gets tough. Leadership on the pitch!!??

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 05:48:20 PM »
I should imagine Lynn showed a lot more passion than that other Norfolk team yesterday! At least we have local players who always look as if they want to play and do well and work to the final whistle.
When Lynn and Norwich clash with Saturday home fixtures I would recommend the Walks as a preferable location for:
Commitment,
Cost,
Room to move in the stand,
Friendliness

linnet1968

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 08:31:45 PM »

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 01:30:05 PM »
Other than mention of injuries I have not seen any post match comments re how we played from Setch'????