Author Topic: Game off  (Read 3742 times)

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
Game off
« on: October 21, 2017, 11:54:40 AM »
Was going for a weekend camping trip until I saw the weather.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

birch95

• View Profile
Re: Game off
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 09:13:21 AM »
With a journey of potentially four-five hours for a 3.00pm kick off, why call off at 10.30 :dontknow: given that supporters were leaving at 8.30 mininum :banghead; shame on you gosport fc & officials ....

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 04:00:04 PM »
With a journey of potentially four-five hours for a 3.00pm kick off, why call off at 10.30 :dontknow: given that supporters were leaving at 8.30 mininum :banghead; shame on you gosport fc & officials ....

Normally they have to wait for an official to turn up to conduct the pitch inspection, even if they know the pitch will fail.

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »
Birc95.. When we left  at 8:30 the pitch was playable with no problems. 30 minutes or so of heavy rain just after 9am made the pitch waterlogged. We received a call on the coach around 9:30am from Gosport to say they were arranging to get a ref in too inspect and duly the call came just after 10am to say the game was off. Gosport did all they could in the circumstances - to say anything else is untrue. As a club we are more than happy with how the situation was dealt with.
We were all disappointed with the call off but we draw a line under it and move on to Tuesday evening.

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 06:19:25 PM »
Point taken mark A hearle, but the weather forecast was no secret, but hotels/trains/ booked/it doesn’t ease the pocket!!

kltid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 06:51:46 PM »
 I don't think referees can call off a game on the basis of the weather forecast especially when the forecast is for showers.   :rain:  :freezing:  :glum:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 07:11:22 PM »
I don't think referees can call off a game on the basis of the weather forecast especially when the forecast is for showers.   :rain:  :freezing:  :glum:

Would be interesting to know how many Lynn fans had actuall set off for the journey,and compare it to how many go to the rearranged fixture? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »
Birc you cannot call a game of just cos the forecast is bad! We'd still be finishing the season in August... a week before the new one begins!
Point taken on travel costs, hotels booked etc, a real shame but it cannot be helped. I was keen to point out in my earlier post that Gosport did nothing wrong yesterday with everything being done by the book.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 07:51:35 PM »
Mark, its never stopped Buster calling a match off at Saddlebow.😀 Maybe Football can learn a trick or 2 more from that wise old owl.

As you are around can you explain how a player who is serving a ban for a first team sending off can turn out for The Reserves ?  Seems a strange one that

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 08:29:20 PM »
"Regulation Amendments 2017/18 Season
This document is intended to provide a brief overview of the key Regulation amendments for 2017/18 season for all Clubs operating at Step 5 and below (County FA football).
Separation of FA Offences and CFA Offences
All suspensions imposed by a County FA will not affect a participant at Step 4 and above unless dispensation has been given by The FA for the suspension to cover all levels of the game. Likewise, a suspension at Step 4 and above will remain at Step 4 and above unless dispensation provided to cover all levels of the game.
This change will ensure Players and Clubs are not affected by suspensions from another body which operates under a different set of Disciplinary Regulations."

Info courtesy of Blue_and_Gold

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 08:32:10 PM »
So Grant Holt could have played for the Reserves last week?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 09:13:54 PM »
Mallard, Admin has answered your question a 100% better than I could! And he's correct of course!
I served my early working years at Saddlebow Rd under the guidance of Cyril Crane and the Littlechild family! Happy days.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 07:49:38 AM »
Interesting rule change there Mark.   I assume its the difference between the full FA and the local County FA's.   There seems to have been a good few issues for Clubs not knowing when a player is actually suspended.    All seems a bit of a mess.   Still who are we mere mortals to judge.

You must go back a long way then Mark,    Were you working under Martin Rogers there ?  Now he was some PR guy.  So you had a good grounding there.

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »
I agree with your sentiments Mallard. I wasn't aware of the rule until Saturday myself!

Yes, I worked for Martin Rogers at Saddlebow Rd from 1984. My first big meeting there was the UK round of the World Team Cup. England, Australia, New Zealand and USA if I remember. Martin was a good promoter and an excellent journalist. His son Martin Jnr worked for a while as a sports writer with the Daily Mirror. Martin now lives on the Gold Coast in Australia I think. I picked up some good tips from him to be fair.