Author Topic: Attleborough away  (Read 5593 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Attleborough away
« on: October 23, 2017, 12:59:20 PM »
I see they are our opponents in the Norfolk Senior Cup.  Will it be a first team Squad entering the Competition or will it be the Reserves ?

Nemesis

• View Profile
Re: Attleborough away
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 01:44:07 PM »
Do they have floodlights? I can see this being played at the Walks
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 03:40:41 PM »
Clarification on this should be announced shortly. My understanding is that Attleborough do not have floodlights.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 06:17:10 PM »
I was at Attleborough a few weeks ago and I don't recall any lights.

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 06:23:21 PM »
Similar situation occurred few years ago when we were drawn away to Caister. Game ended up being played midweek under lights at Gorleston.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 06:31:14 PM »
Similar situation occurred few years ago when we were drawn away to Caister. Game ended up being played midweek under lights at Gorleston.

When the game was drawn on Friday there was mention of Attleborough hiring another ground.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 06:34:00 PM »
If a  professional  club  or  a team  at  Step  4  and  above  are  drawn  away  to  a  team without floodlights that come up to the standard that would allow them to enter the FA Vase, the home club can choose one of the following options:
o Find an alternative venue to play the tie during the midweek prior to or the midweek after the scheduled date
o Reverse the fixture to the opponents ground during the midweek prior to or the midweek after the scheduled date, or
o If both clubs are in agreement, play at  the ground of the home  club on the scheduled Saturday.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 06:44:46 PM »
I seem to remember a good few years back ex Linnet Mick Money put together a really decent Anglian Comb side and he had high hopes of being able to progress with the Club through the Pyramid. I think the idea of floodlights was a non starter though. This as I recall was down to all the housing around the ground. Is it not a rec ground (Admin) ?

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 07:09:29 PM »
Can't see IC wanting anymore games played on the walks other than the ones they're committed to as a club. The pitch struggles as it is to accommodate 3 teams.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 07:21:36 PM »
I hope the First Team go to Basingstoke as planned that day and the Res travel to Attleborough

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 07:47:41 PM »
I hope the First Team go to Basingstoke as planned that day and the Res travel to Attleborough

Don't think there's much chance of that Mal. Being exempt as far as we have we'll be entered as KLTFC 'first team' and not able to play any other game that day (Seem to remember buster tried to play a UCL game and send the ressies to Yarmouth in Senior cup on the same night and was foiled).

Most likely will be a midweek game with a number of younger players involved. Strength of the team I suspect  will depend upon  SC's desire to retain the cup? Although if the game is held in the Norwich 'burbs there may be scope to take the Grant Holt roadshow, especially if the gate is split between the clubs!

BTW, Mick Money, a real blast from the past! From memory a decent striker in a poor team?

Attleborough Doug

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 09:19:03 AM »
Just a 5 minute walk from our house ! I can confirm it's a Rec ground and def no floodlights. Altho' there are limited lights around their training pitch.

GrahamB

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 09:32:38 AM »
I heard it might be played at Thetford

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 10:11:10 AM »
I guess Watton or Mulbarton would be closer options.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2017, 10:37:56 PM »
Seems to be Attleborough at home now on Tuesday 21st November according to the Norfolk FA website.