Author Topic: No more canaries that cant fly  (Read 5885 times)

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
No more canaries that cant fly
« on: November 04, 2017, 05:11:33 PM »
First of all I would like to say IC is still the man to take us forward but please no more players from carrow road in a Lynn shirt,most of the players who did not feature much in the first team do ok,but oh dear over the years we have had some star names that have done little or nothing with one or two exceptions ie Spearo and Cleary we were doing ok until the latest stars rocked up.

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: No more canaries that cant fly
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 05:17:56 PM »
Indeed the form has dipped since the Norwich boys arrived, and now the news one has gone , clearly the whole thing was a mistake novice Chairman ans Manager so lets hope the pair of them learn very quickly if Holt's wages are now available lets see a good defender come in someone with enough experience to be a defensive leader on the pitch , getting player in the correct places and working as a unit. What a ridiculous month.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 05:18:57 PM »
Good Business by the Chairman. No doubt Barrow have had to pay up Holt's contract to get him released. Must be 7 months at X amount. Well done Mr Cleeve

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 05:21:26 PM »
I don't think he was on contract

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 05:25:34 PM »
Mall I admire your optimistic outlook, who knows? the good thing he has gone,good luck to him,and my hope is no more Norwich hasbeens will follow.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 05:26:18 PM »
Here, here. Only saw GH last Saturday but didn't really look up for it. Lynn need young hungry players out to impress and a mix of older ones to guide them. Ex. pros are ok if they still have something to give and are not just going through the motions to justify their existence (wages) in the team, which on one game I saw, GH seemed to be doing. :sad:

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 05:30:54 PM »
What a shambles.All the fan fare ends in a damp squib.We keep saying we need to improve the defence but we just don't look like scoring at the minute.Mettam was abysmal today.He does a lot of bossing about and not enough scoring goals.

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 05:34:12 PM »
Long suffering, yes I agree Mettam should have waited for his return behind the guy who was scoring whilst he was out,

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 05:37:02 PM »
Interesting that Mr Cleeve stated he heard from Holt's agent on Monday who adviced him Holt was off to Barrow.  How come it has taken until
Saturday to release a press statement ?

Mark Hearle care to comment ?

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 07:41:25 PM »
Interesting that Mr Cleeve stated he heard from Holt's agent on Monday who adviced him Holt was off to Barrow.  How come it has taken until
Saturday to release a press statement ?

Mark Hearle care to comment ?

In case it becoming public affected attendance, same with announcing his ban carrying over.

The dalliance with Holt has certainly been good business for the club. Whether it has destabilised the footballing side is a different matter.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 07:54:48 PM »
Good Business by the Chairman. No doubt Barrow have had to pay up Holt's contract to get him released. Must be 7 months at X amount. Well done Mr Cleeve

“No deal has been done,” Mr Casson said. “It’s an idea that we had, but nothing more than that at this stage. They have misinterpreted the approach.” The club subsequently issued a statement saying: “Barrow AFC can confirm that we approached Kings Lynn Town regarding the availability of Grant Holt. “Conversations have taken place between our manager Ady Pennock and the Kings Lynn management team, as well as at board room level. “However, no terms have been agreed and no deal has been signed for him to join us.

Read more at: http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news/update-grant-holt-leaves-king-s-lynn-town-as-barrow-say-no-deal-done-yet-1-8229867

well someones telling porkies.  :cheers:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 08:30:47 PM »
Just maybe Barrow did a deal with SC for compo then realised  that if they did via the way of a7 day approach then they wouldn't need to pay a penny for Holt. However if they had approached Holt either directly or indirectly prior to the 7 day approach notice being completed then that would constitute a illegal approach.  Still a deal to be done I would suggest Me Cleeve.   Seems Kings Lynn have been used by Mr Holt as a little stepping stone. All that old flannel he came out with, yet now he is going to a non league club at the other end of country.  Smell something fishy ? And I'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's Apple Pie

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 09:32:27 PM »
Hope GH enjoys the six hundred mile round trip to Barrow from Norfolk unless he is relocating to the north. The A47 , A17 and a lot of other s--ty roads in the winter!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 09:35:55 PM »
Seems strange if he is going uproot his 3 kids to move back up there for a few quid. Not like he is going to be there long. If he is going up there on his own didn't he say he had enough travelling and wanted to spend more time with his family. 

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 09:38:24 PM »
That was a load of  B  S then was it not