Author Topic: What could be a fantastic 8 days  (Read 12177 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
What could be a fantastic 8 days
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:14:40 AM »
After Saturdays  great win at St Neots.  Lynn now turn their attention to back to back home games against teams sitting in a lowly 18th & 19th place in The League.  What a chance to start the Year with 9 points.  After the poor result in the last home game what an opportunity to win back the favour of the fans with these 2 games.  I Hope the PR machine at the Club is going into overdrive in an attempt to get those stay away fans to come and have another look.

Tuesday  3-1   Crowd of 620

Saturday  2-0  Crowd of 750

Lets see if we can deliver on all front. Chairman, manager, Players and supporters.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: What could be a fantastic 8 days
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 11:11:47 AM »
A great opportunity to gather some much needed points over the two games. If we manage 6points, fantastic. I would accept 4points minimum.

Hoping for a 2-0 on Tuesday and a 4-0 on Saturday.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 11:38:35 AM »
As you say a great opportunity to build upon Saturday's excellent result. So often this season though it has been one step forward then one back...Can we break that sequence?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 11:51:38 AM »
Rod,  The only thing that I can see coming into play that could spoil the party is the injuries, tiredness.  Asking Non League players to do 3 games in an 8 day period is a huge ask. So it will be down to Setch to manage this and try and rest players and utilise his full squad.  We dont have the biggest, No new body in to replace Marshall, despite having the Budget, ( then again no point wasting the money if nothing you fancy is willing to come) also with Hilliard on another ban then there is little room for manoeuver with the current squad.  I guess Bird could come back into things, never let Setch down but for someone reason hasnt had a sniff of the squad since.

Two Homes against lower oppostion should produce 6 points,  but in Football nothing  is certain, But would think Setch  would see this as real chance to make strides up the table.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 12:47:22 PM »
Tuesday though should be advantage us just by dint of the lousy journey Merthyr will have to undertake...As an aside it just illustrates the lack of care and understanding from those responsible for 'organisation' of the game at our level. We have friends who live 'down the road' from Merthyr - a good 5 hour journey at best.............This time of the year, players getting time off from work etc Absolute bloody lunacy IMO...but in our favour, this time around.

So fitness for us should not be that much of an immediate issue and we have some relatively fresh legs to come off the bench??

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 01:01:29 PM »
I agree Rod, arranging such a game for an FA Trophy weekend where there was the likelihood of one or both teams being involved was crazy and was always going to have the potential for a midweek rearrangement.
Add to that Merthyr recently went to Stratford for a midweek game that was called off an hour before - I hope we are a little more sensible about any potential pitch inspections (and the muppet from the Cambridge City game isn't the designated ref).

We have been at our best this season with the high tempo stuff - just like we did on Saturday. One of my concerns all season though will be whether we can keep that up over the Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday games. Four points will be a good return over the two games. I agree I think we will win on Tuesday in part due to Merthyr's gruelling journey and having several players missing. Looking at Chesham's games played column suggests they are in a false position currently and will provide a stern test on Saturday.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 01:35:32 PM »
Have a look at Chesham's away form this season, just 7 points gained on the road.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 02:10:49 PM »
Tuesday though should be advantage us just by dint of the lousy journey Merthyr will have to undertake...As an aside it just illustrates the lack of care and understanding from those responsible for 'organisation' of the game at our level. We have friends who live 'down the road' from Merthyr - a good 5 hour journey at best.............This time of the year, players getting time off from work etc Absolute bloody lunacy IMO...but in our favour, this time around.

From Merthyr website:

"Scotcher misses the final game of his 3 match suspension, with Cortez Belle set for a lay-off with a hernia. Corey Jenkins is still not match fit following his injury at SLough Town".

I've also been informed that a couple of other Merthyr first team regulars may not be available due to work commitments (not verified).
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 02:27:07 PM »
Its crazy.  With a lot of Companies having closed for 2 weeks, and only today re-opened, for an employee to then ask for Tuesday off and maybe with the added proviso that he could well be late in on Wednesday Morning after arriving home at 3/4am  in the Morning.

Imagine Lynn having to do that trip midweek, Im sure Setch would be livid.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 02:34:38 PM »
Is the Merthyr game going yo be on? Must be some doubt after the deluge yesterday with more rain to come today and tomorrow, according to the BBC, there must be  an early pitch inspection. The pitch was very soft and slippery in the Reserves game on Saturday. Hope I am wrong. I have to agree with you there Mallard a ridiculous fixture for a midweek mid season, however you have to accept the people who run lower levels of football seem only interested in themselves, and their own importance, actually managing anything sensibly is beyond them.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 12:21:10 PM »
Does anyone know..........Is there going to be a pitch inspection? What with Merthyr probably having to set off around 1.00 pm latest, I would have thought?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 12:26:04 PM »
Game is on

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 12:47:09 PM »
Great news............and wouldn't it be even more so if the gate exceeded all of our reasonable expectations? Anything above 600 in the current 'climate' would be good and in excess of 700........One can but dream!

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 04:17:24 PM »
 Rod i think 400 to 450 would be nearer the mark

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 09:01:07 PM »
What on earth is happening at the walks. I had to babysit tonight so am not at the match but have just seen that we are 0-3 after 52 minutes. Merthyr have key players missing, are on a terrible run of form and travelled from another country to play a midweek game. Can someone explain how badly Lynn have played.