Author Topic: What could be a fantastic 8 days  (Read 12176 times)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Re: What could be a fantastic 8 days
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 10:10:40 PM »
What on earth is happening at the walks. I had to babysit tonight so am not at the match but have just seen that we are 0-3 after 52 minutes. Merthyr have key players missing, are on a terrible run of form and travelled from another country to play a midweek game. Can someone explain how badly Lynn have played.

Quite.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 01:38:26 AM »
All over the place defensively in the first half! At least some of the players tried in the second.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 08:17:20 AM »
Thats my theory blown out of the water.  I see also that St Neots got beat 3-1 at lowly Chesham last night, maybe puts our result there Saturday inperspective.

Very disappointing result last night, is there apost match Interview available ?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 08:42:41 AM »
The answer my friend is blowing in the wind I feel we could benefit with an experienced striker to help the youngsters but if the budget can't run to one then we have to go with what we have

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 09:43:33 AM »
I think Setch has wanted to get one in since the start of the season, here we are 6 months later and still no sign

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 11:13:22 AM »
I think some of you are in dreamland, all this talk of playoffs etc, I have been watching Lynn for many years but last night was the final straw for me, very little football, no shape , poor defending, and a manager who along with his coaching staff have very little idea, even on the simple things in the game. I was at Snots, we played well, but that was because it was a team on the slide, like us after Christmas last year. Well enough is enough, I may go and start watching the reserves  , but that shower of a first team and what goes with it, well forget it.

gs

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2016, 11:37:40 AM »
Need to get fryatt back in middle no speed in there were torn apart in first. Started with Smith who was injured what a crazy situation missing Marshall big time in there would be better playing Hurst alongside Clunan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2016, 11:49:47 AM »
Apart from the disappointing result i was shocked at the attendance of 390. After Saturdays result at St Neots people on here ( me included) were talking of a gate of 600/700.  After last night what will this Saturday's gate look like ?  The gap between the fans watching the Reserves and the first time is getting ever closer.

What are the Reserves getting so right that the first team are getting so wrong in terms of people willing to watch ?

gs

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2016, 11:57:21 AM »
Average gate on a Tuesday Has been 400 for sometime.

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2016, 12:23:03 PM »
I am sure the players don't need to be told it was lacklustre but in the first half there was just no fire in the belly first half and it seems if Clunan isn't firing we don't work. Not sure if it was offside for the first goal.may be the highlights will show that but goals 2 and 3 exposed defensive frailties.

Although the game could have been deemed won at half time i thought Matty Castellan played very well and suddenly we were winning  a lot more of the duels at the back. Neil Fryatt put in his usual full heart for the cause but some of the teams passing was woeful. Merthyr were more up for it, deserved the win and i am sure there 6 supporters behind the goal were delighted.

As we all know big learning curve for the youngsters and as been said previously i think we miss Marshall tremendously. On to Saturday - lets hope we see the other King's Lynn against Chesham

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2016, 12:28:26 PM »
What do people think to this idea.  Sam G is seems is rather unfit, and I would suggest must be one of the highest earners at the Club.  If we got rid, would the money saved from him and Marshall give Setch enough to go and get a proven goal scorer ?  Fryatt, as many have said could then slot back into the middle and Simon Bird ( who did a sterling job when called upon) could step into the right back postion. 

GrahamB

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2016, 12:31:31 PM »
As I've had said before I think our best pairing is Miller and Fryatt it gives us pace, energy and youth, to accommodate SG lack of pace we have to sit deeper this in its self creates problems. If our centre backs cant deal with a 60 yard free kick into the box, as with the 3rd goal, then there is something wrong. Disgraceful defending for 40 minutes better there after ...... but the best team won they certainly didnt look as though they'd been on a bus for 5+ hours! Bring on Saturday new day new game

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2016, 12:55:54 PM »
I, as I am certain are some others, still in shock after last night's first half performance.....Regrettably the performance of the team I have supported for the best part of 60 years continues to have a disproportionate effect upon my state of mind....fool that I am!!

For me as I have posted many times in the past, when you lose it is primarily about how you lose...I can accept being beaten by a more skilful team but for me what is wholly unnacceptable is what I witnessed last evening for 45 minutes.....It was an absolute nightmare and wholly embarrassing.

Manager's rightly get the plaudits when things go well and I have been and still am largely supportive of Setch' and what he has done for the club.........but how could a team that should have been on a high start the game with such complaceny - ATTITUDE ALL WRONG?! Merthyr to their credit closed us down and illustrated a level of team work, hard work and determination that made us look at best second rate.............Where were our leaders on the pitch (Ross Watson springs immediately to mind).................We made the opposition look like world beaters...Yet they had a depleted side, a long journey to get here and at the outset their confidence must have been low as they were on an awful run??????? So in effect we strolled around still basking in Saturday's reflected glory and let them take the initiative - I bet they thought they were in dreamland.

As an aside I still think on occasion players are selected on past reputation rather than current form..........Examples: For me the best central defensive parnership I have seen this season was when Fryatt was captain and playing alongside Castellan for a few games - they were excellent and IMO Fryatt is not a right back......Simon Bird was generally excellent in that position and brought the best out of Hurst with his over lapping............

Where do we go from here.I have no idea but unless certain things change I forsee gates declining even further.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2016, 01:10:34 PM »
Good Post Rod, and listening to Setch he seems at a lost to know where he goes from here.  This is where a good Chairman comes into play.  It is his job to motivate the Motivator ( in this case Setch).  He should be there with him today lifting his spirits, maybe dipping his hand in his pocket ( he must have paid for that glass floor by now) and saying hey Setch lets find a a way of getting in a striker to freshed it up.

I think the majority of fans believe in what Setch is trying to do by bringing through the Youth at the Club, but Rome wasnt built in a day.  Its a fine balance though, between the present and the future.  To me the balance between the expereinced in the suide and the Youth is not quite right, hence why we seem to get this levels of inconsistency.

Really feel for Setch today, and I am sure Saturday cannot come soon enough for him.  Could be a big weekend  for him and some of his players.

GrahamB

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2016, 01:14:36 PM »
As supporters we can all accept defeat and also accept that the club is going through a period of transition bringing through young inexperienced local talent but it was the manner of the defeat. I am sure that , along with Setch, they're all hurting today but that's where we as supporters come in and on Saturday get behind them from the kick off, draw a line in the sand. Still 11th ,mid table and a good run could see us finishing higher in a more respectable position.