Author Topic: Setch interview (Merthyr)  (Read 1655 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Setch interview (Merthyr)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 01:00:13 PM »
There is a manager hurting.  I do think he asking a lot of some players though.  Looking  at the squad, a lot of the players are not established step 3 players.  Street, Fryatt, Yong, Clunan, are relatively new to this level.  Castellan, Miller, Hilliard Edge,  have come up this season from steps 5 and 6.  The Side does need time and like many have said a few more experienced players around the place wouldnt go amiss.

Good to hear that Setch is going to get a couple of players in.  Puts the myth to bed that there is no surplus money in the club.  With Smith and Hilliard missing and Marshall out for the season I would hope that the players would be coming in sooner rather than later.  Can we expect the players to be local or brought in from away ?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 02:26:42 PM »
Seeringly honest and brave to front up immediately after the match but I do believe he is, perhaps understandably, in denial in one area. Setch' said, 'there is no complacency in the squad'....In my opinion there is even though it may be a subconscious rather than conscious problem. How other can that first half performance be explained? By Setch's own admission only 2 of the players performed to a reasonable level of expectation.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 02:35:14 PM »
At Least, By elimination Setch has name the players who did not perform, and let him down. At least we know 2 of the players who are certain to start come Saturday.