Author Topic: St Neots away  (Read 1050 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
St Neots away
« on: December 03, 2017, 01:53:29 PM »
Interesting game on Tuesday. Saints on a good run at the moment.  No Clunan for Lynn and assume  no Blake-Tracey yet.   Any thoughts on line-up.

We got destroyed there last season so fancy us to turn the tables this time and come away with all 3 Points 3-1

Nigel1505

• View Profile
Re: St Neots away
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 02:08:58 PM »
I will be there on Tuesday; will be interesting to see how we get on without Clunan. After the last game I attended (Mildenhall), not holding out for a lot of improvement, as we seem to rely on his penalties to get us the points. Will I be eating my words on Tuesday, I hope so. :scarf:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 02:26:28 PM »
Sadly I will be working, hopefully many will make the short trip?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 05:05:38 PM »
Hopefully you will see a better game than last time Nigel. Saturday gave a lot of encouragement to be optimistic. Apparently, IC changed his game plan Saturday when he saw the state of the pitch ( muddy and uneven) If he has the same plan we should be fine. A good plan is to score more goals than the opposition! I don't think we need to be too sophisticated. Saturday the team worked well for each other; including a few cute back heels and pressing the opposition in the final third. They looked as if they were enjoying playing; it was certainly enjoyable to watch. We score a lot of goals from penalties but I suppose if our players weren't fouled in the box we would score more from open play.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 05:31:15 PM »
Exactly.You have to earn penalties.Saying we rely on them is a strange view.If we win every game 1-0 with a penalty I'll be happy.More concerning is the pitch.I thought it was a disgrace.You could plant spuds on it. Didn't look like it had been touched since the reserves game.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 05:33:08 PM »
The few games I am able to attend, Lynn don't turn up, lets hope Tuesday is different. We need to get points from the likes of Saint Neots (Biggleswade was very disappointing),if we have any chance of promotion this season.  :hello:

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 05:39:39 PM »
Clunan has scored 11 goals this season. How many are penalties. If we had not had them,  how many games would we have lost/drawn. We don't seem to have a Malcolm Lindsay or Jack Defty these days, more's the pity.  :argue:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 06:21:10 PM »
Clunan has scored 11 goals this season. How many are penalties. If we had not had them,  how many games would we have lost/drawn. We don't seem to have a Malcolm Lindsay or Jack Defty these days, more's the pity.  :argue:

I think it is nine penalties?
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 06:35:44 PM »
I rest my case your honour; games are won by penalties and always have been, but we need someone/s who can score on a regular basis, albeit apart from Clunen's obvious talent of scoring penalties. :pray:

Turtle84

• Aka Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 09:30:33 AM »
I'm sorry but you can't moan about the amount of pens we get, players like hawkins and Norman are quick and nimble in the box and will get brought down, it's a good thing to have, matter of fact we should of had 4 pens sat.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 10:51:32 AM »
The few games I am able to attend, Lynn don't turn up, lets hope Tuesday is different. We need to get points from the likes of Saint Neots (Biggleswade was very disappointing),if we have any chance of promotion this season.  :hello:

Any chance you can stay away Nigel1505  :dontknow:  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 05:51:42 PM »
After a very impressive performance, playing some lovely passing and controlling football, can Lynn grab the 3points at St Neots?

Even without our midfield General, Michael Clunan, I think that we can smash and grab 4goals without reply.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 07:00:31 PM »

Any chance you can stay away Nigel1505  :dontknow:  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Don't get the chance to see many games, so when its just up the road, I have to take advantage. :bus: