Author Topic: Match report v St Neots  (Read 1038 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Match report v St Neots
« on: December 05, 2017, 11:23:12 PM »
St Neots Town 0 Kingís Lynn Town 5

Tuesday 5th December

Lynn's biggest league win since the trip to Bideford in November 2015 saw them go seven points clear at the top of the table.

In a fast paced start Lynn got off to the ideal start when Simon Lappin scored his first for the club from the edge of the area on 10 minutes.

Michael Gash, who had a number of chances, and Craig Parker had opportunities to increase the lead.

The Saints cause took a further setback when defender Taylor Parr was sent off for a tackle on Cameron Norman just before half time.

Parker extended Lynn's lead three minutes into the second half after Gash was given time and space to set up the opportunity.
Three goals in a seven minute spell was suitable revenge for last season's 5-2 defeat. Gash started the goal rush on 69 minutes from a Norman fortuitously awarded free kick.

Tom Ward then headed home a corner against his former club on 74 minutes and Leon Mettan turned home Ryan Hawkins' cross two minutes later, ending Saints' eight game unbeaten run.

St Neots: Emery, Bradshaw, Herd, Knight, Wood,Parr, O'Malley, Horne (Marsh-Brown 80), Irwin (Brocolli 58), Shariff, Semble-Ferris (Butler 80). Subs: McDevitt, Marsh-Brown, Wiltshire, Brocolli, Butler. Booked: O'Malley, Horne, Emery. Sent off: Parr

Lynn: Street, Norman (McLeish 82), Fryatt, Gaughran, Ward, Jarvis, Lappin, Parker, Gash (Siddons 76), Mettam, Hawkins (McQuaid 76). Subs: Siddons, McLeish, McQuaid. Booked: Lappin. Scorers: Lappin 10, Parker 48, Gash 69, Ward 74, Mettam 76

Attendance 282

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Match report v St Neots
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 11:48:13 PM »
282 attendance, wonder how many were Lynn fans?  Also wondered how many were following online?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 06:13:38 AM »
Well played Lynn. They were a goal down Saturday against the run of play but didn't let their heads drop and ended up with a decisive win.
It has been said that it can be harder to play against 10 men than 11, and Lynn were able to put Snots to the sword (and do it without Clunans penalties).
This team is definitely something special  at the moment, long may it continue.

Bovril

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 07:57:46 AM »
Possibly 80- 100 Lynn fans great support great game still canít fathom how gash cleared a certain goal of the snots goaline and over as it looked over the line 😳😳😳really should be 6-0 but 5 will definitely do  :scarf: :scarf: couldnít pick mom all great 👍

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 09:01:53 AM »
282 attendance, wonder how many were Lynn fans?  Also wondered how many were following online?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

It peaked at 186

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 06:01:56 PM »
Best Lynn performance I have seen in ages. I turned up and so did Lynn. Class above the St, Neot's side; when Lynn wanted the ball they went and got it. Simon  Lappin stood out. so did Sam G. don't know that many faces but it was a B.... Good all-round performance from the whole team. The score could have been higher with little bit more luck. The defence played well and seldom looked in trouble and coped with the St. Neot's attack quite easily. Decent number of Linnets fans and made a good noise. Carry on playing like this then who knows. :salute:

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 07:42:53 PM »
Best Lynn performance I have seen in ages. I turned up and so did Lynn. Class above the St, Neot's side; when Lynn wanted the ball they went and got it. Simon  Lappin stood out. so did Sam G. don't know that many faces but it was a B.... Good all-round performance from the whole team. The score could have been higher with little bit more luck. The defence played well and seldom looked in trouble and coped with the St. Neot's attack quite easily. Decent number of Linnets fans and made a good noise. Carry on playing like this then who knows. :salute:

Sounds great mate! I'm only able to watch Tuesday home matches at present, which is f****** annoying! Delighted to see Lappin and Gaughran proving me wrong!

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 09:00:50 PM »
 :oldman"

Sounds great mate! I'm only able to watch Tuesday home matches at present, which is f****** annoying! Delighted to see Lappin and Gaughran proving me wrong!
I am also pleased to see Sam Gaughran prove me wrong, feel he has done himself proud of late also.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 08:15:18 AM »
Pleased to hear that the Big fellow has found his form after an indifferent start to the season.  good also that the team appear to have found its form after a recent few game blip.   It happens during the course of the season, I am sure we hit another sticky patch along the way.

As Mr Tazzy use to say on here... 'Exciting time ahead'  :mystic:

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 03:31:17 PM »
Who was the number 12 who came on as a sub at St. Neot's. He is built like a brick outhouse, did ok as well.  :clap: