Author Topic: Boxing Day vs St Ives £15  (Read 831 times)

Linnet1993

• View Profile
Boxing Day vs St Ives £15
« on: December 06, 2017, 09:28:59 AM »
Seeing on Twitter that the Boxing Day match is going to be £15 a ticket, what are everyoneís thought on this? For me itís a step to far, against a poor side this will turn people away. I would understand if it was the likes of Slough/Hereford/Kettering:

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
Re: Boxing Day vs St Ives £15
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:29:12 AM »
If it is £15  and not a definite I hope  I will go elsewhere and watch someone else or stay at home   not a top 6 side  and

on top of the Christmas spend   not going to bring the wife and daughters  to spend £60 to get in 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:33:29 AM »
Its 3 quid extra.  Is that really going to impact on people's pockets ?   Can people really blame Mr Cleeve for trying to make a few extra quid on what will be  a 4 figure crowd ?  Some may say its blatant profiteering.  I see it more as making hay while the sun shines.

Certainly people will be expecting to pay the higher price for the 5 biggies that are going to come along.   Has anything been said re the home game with Slough on the 16th Dec ?    The trouble with inflating the price for this  one is gates tend to dip a bit on the lead up to Christmas.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 10:42:37 AM »
I know its only £3 but it's the principal of it really -  if every game this season  was £15 you know where you are

expect the big games to cost  more than £15 now

Ben,G

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 10:47:19 AM »
Its 3 quid extra.  Is that really going to impact on people's pockets ?   Can people really blame Mr Cleeve for trying to make a few extra quid on what will be  a 4 figure crowd ?  Some may say its blatant profiteering.  I see it more as making hay while the sun shines.

Certainly people will be expecting to pay the higher price for the 5 biggies that are going to come along.   Has anything been said re the home game with Slough on the 16th Dec ?    The trouble with inflating the price for this  one is gates tend to dip a bit on the lead up to Christmas.
If your so rich you pay the extra £3 for the fans that don't want to pay it, happy days big crowd.

TDA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 10:53:36 AM »
I can see both sides of the argument.  I think £15 is steep for this level of football (actually I think all levels of football are grossly overpriced).  And I also see that people may not be flush with spare cash at Christmas time.  But I also doubt very much that the chairman is taking anything out of the club (in fact totally the opposite) and is probably looking to raise money for the second half of the season and the promotion push, and we also have a few away games in a row  currently which won't help with cash flow.  Talk of profiteering is harsh because Mr Cleeve is almost certainly not profiteering personally in the big scheme of things.

But I wonder what would happen if during the festive season we LOWERED the admission prices, rather than raised them?  It might pay off with considerably higher attendances and a net increase in profit overall?  Often people need to get out of the house on Boxing Day (I know I do!), and a well advertised lower price game for the holiday could work out well.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »
If it is £15  and not a definite I hope  I will go elsewhere and watch someone else or stay at home   not a top 6 side  and

on top of the Christmas spend   not going to bring the wife and daughters  to spend £60 to get in

It IS £15, I have it from Mr Cleeve.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 11:05:02 AM »
Its 3 quid extra.  Is that really going to impact on people's pockets ? 
Not everyone is a Millionaire Director of an International Company. £3 is a lot to some.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 11:12:46 AM »
To me people are getting hung up on the principles here and not the fact that its a jump for one week of £3.  A boxing day afternoons entertainment for £15, aint bad is it ? 

I have to ask myself  would I prefer to pay £15 to watch the stuff we are serving up this season or £10 to watch what was on offer last season.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 11:18:08 AM »
But we're not paying £10.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 11:22:44 AM »
For sure we are not Jesus.  The point Im making is quality costs.  If you want a McDonalds Burger you can get that for what 99p ?  If you want something better it costs more.   

The fayre that was served up last season was maybe worth a tenner.  This year the Football ( and results) on view is of a greater standard.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 11:27:58 AM »
So are we guaranteed the boxing day game will be the finest fare we have been served this season?
By your analogy, you get what you pay for.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 11:38:49 AM »
Jesus,  I would respectfully suggest ( ) that the fayre on offer thus far this season is of a far better standard than that which was on offer last season.  Would you disagree with that ?

I have no reason to think that the rest of the season will offer anything less ( subject to the pitch), or do you think otherwise Jesus ?  if so on what are you basing that assumption ?

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 11:51:35 AM »
Jesus,  I would respectfully suggest ( ) that the fayre on offer thus far this season is of a far better standard than that which was on offer last season.  Would you disagree with that ?

I have no reason to think that the rest of the season will offer anything less ( subject to the pitch), or do you think otherwise Jesus ?  if so on what are you basing that assumption ?
Maybe Mallard, but what we were being charged £10 for last season was only worth about £8!
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 11:51:47 AM »
Could be King's Lynn :watching: :watching: :watching: ,Wisbech  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.