Author Topic: Boxing Day vs St Ives £15  (Read 833 times)

TDA

• View Profile
Re: Boxing Day vs St Ives £15
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 12:17:17 PM »
I don't get the idea of shopping for football at Wisbech as an alternative.  Its like deciding to support Boston or Tamworth.  Wisbech FFS???  Lucky Heather anyone?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 12:31:21 PM »
Some just want a boxing day football fix, and may go elsewhere in protest at the chairman.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 12:43:26 PM »
I don't get the idea of shopping for football at Wisbech as an alternative.  Its like deciding to support Boston or Tamworth.  Wisbech FFS???  Lucky Heather anyone?

The idea is that the floating fan who justs wants an afternoon of football and a beer will go to Wisbech, £8 cheaper,cheaper beer, served in glasses,and has anyone mentioned that they do chips? :sinking:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 12:58:09 PM »
Depends on what quality of football you want for £8?But food and alcohol are not priorities for everyone so £15 would be good value for money. £3 per adult on the price might help finance the final promotion push so are bwe cutting off our nose to spite the chairman?  ............................. Don't tell me  they've got a dishwasher too!   :scarf:  Supporters support!

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 12:58:29 PM »

Normally I would agree with this statement. However, with Wisbech having our ex Manager (and to many Lynn supporters, their all time favourite Manager) in charge, it may be viewed differently by some.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 01:01:37 PM »
And a few ex players.

Mr Grumpy

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 01:04:28 PM »
will this encourage more or deter more ????
 :argue: :dontknow:
I doubt very much if I will be in attendance ....Like quite a few others

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 01:19:06 PM »
Depends on what quality of football you want for £8?But food and alcohol are not priorities for everyone so £15 would be good value for money. £3 per adult on the price might help finance the final promotion push so are bwe cutting off our nose to spite the chairman?  ............................. Don't tell me  they've got a dishwasher too!   :scarf:  Supporters support!

If they can afford to, you have a good job and being an ex sponsor who got in on freebies for a few years what you have saved goes towards today's tickets!!  Fact of the matter is that I can take my family to a football match at Wisbech and probably save £100 pounds, that may only mean an armchair to you, but it is almost a third of my weekly wage!!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 01:20:02 PM »
Personally, £15 is too much for the level we are at, honestly think that £12 is top whack, appreciate Mallard's point that we are getting much better than we did last year but probably more an indication of how much last season (and previously) was overpriced.  We are getting decent gates at a one of the top prices in the league and with a peppercorn rent (unless someone can prove otherwise) so why is this needed?  Goes back to what some of us have been saying all season - the off field doesn't live up to what IC and his squad are doing on the pitch and for that reason I think we should hope for a play off spot that ultimately leads to staying in this league next year to allow for the infrastructure required for the next step to be in place.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 01:29:40 PM »
Tony, maybe it could be suggested that if the people handling the off field activity are not producing inline with the on field achievements ( is there really any doubt ?) then The Chairman is left with a big void to fill.  can we really blame him for making the most of what will be a bumper Boxing day Crowd ?

Die hard Linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 01:45:46 PM »
Yeah itís very strange hiking the prices. Everything in the garden was rosy according to the chairman in the summer.
Iím sure the commercial wizard who the club brought in, I think his name was Ashley Bunn, has bought a huge amount of sponsorship into the club. The strange thing is, I havenít even seen or heard of the guy.
Add into this the thriving media department who continue to work tirelessly with all these hours of voluntary work, the club should be in its best position for many years  :cheers:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 01:57:14 PM »
Tony, maybe it could be suggested that if the people handling the off field activity are not producing inline with the on field achievements ( is there really any doubt ?) then The Chairman is left with a big void to fill.  can we really blame him for making the most of what will be a bumper Boxing day Crowd ?

Do you mean 'blame him' for making the most of what 'might' be a bumper Boxing Day crowd OR for not ensuring there is sufficient off field infrastructure in place to backup his words?  I think SC has done much in the past 6 months to convert at least some of his doubters but actions like this really don't help him and whether he is or isn't having to fund some of the current level of expense personally is, in some ways, irrelevant in that he is the one setting the budget and if he has set it based on higher gate proceeds that we are currently getting then he is a fool and it shouldn't be for a possible 'Boxing Day bonus' to cover the gap as it will in many ways be counter productive - if it is a 'bumper' crowd as you suggest then surely we want as many of them to come back as possible and making the day lower value for money can't be the way to do that.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 02:18:16 PM »
in my opinion if he want's a bumper crowd to show potential  new supporters what the club is all about  a boxing day special of £10 for adults would be a good move  as  900 adults at £10 is equivilant to 600 at £15   but the 900 has more potential to buy food and drink  etc.

Turtle84

• Aka Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 02:23:12 PM »
it's back to 12 quid as the chairman has just tweeted

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 02:26:18 PM »
Stephen Cleeve‏ @StephenCleeve

After discussions with fans prices for @stivestownfc will be at our usual prices.  It was agreed Pre season that 3 games would be £3 higher to help with the playing budget. We need to run as a sustainable football club - We need the fans support
ďOnce you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shinesĒ