Author Topic: home to Slough 16th December  (Read 3424 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
home to Slough 16th December
« on: December 12, 2017, 01:19:16 PM »
So, with suspensions hitting, how would people set the team up for Saturdays game?  Personally I would rather see the back 5 retained and think that Lappin should have enough experience to play that free role, moving Parker back into Clunan's role as part of a midfield 3 with Jarvis and Hawkins - pretty attacking but options are limited with the resources available.  The alternative would be either sticking with a back five by bringing in Frary up from the reserves (and benching Mettam) or going with a back four, in both cases slotting Lappin in alongside Jarvis. 

Obviously it's down to IC, but how do others see it?

Linnet1993

• View Profile
Re: home to Slough 16th December
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 02:25:24 PM »
Street, Norman, Ward, Gaughran, Blake-Tracey. Jarvis Lappin Hawkins, Parker. Siddons and Gash.

For me Mettam has been a little underwhelming since coming back from his injury, may be better suited as an impact player in a big game like this with him current form. The squad also feels very bare all of a sudden.

I feel this is our first must win game of the season if we want to contend for the title, looking at the league you will need about 110 points to win it this season.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 02:54:21 PM »
Street, Norman, Ward, Gaughran, Blake-Tracey. Jarvis Lappin Hawkins, Parker. Siddons and Gash.

For me Mettam has been a little underwhelming since coming back from his injury, may be better suited as an impact player in a big game like this with him current form. The squad also feels very bare all of a sudden.

I feel this is our first must win game of the season if we want to contend for the title, looking at the league you will need about 110 points to win it this season.

Our first must win game of the season was the first one, thought every game was a must win game?  Or do they just stroll out sometimes and think, ' you know what, duck we will try to lose today, or maybe go for the draw?' It beggars belief that people happily accept a draw,and a lost game seems a minor irritation to some, we need a winning mentality, the way we are going we are on a road to nowhere!!  Prove me wrong, stay top and win games?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 03:22:59 PM »
Of course you want to win every game and accrue as many points as possible, we are all aware of that however it’s impossible to do so. For me this our first game we must take 3 points from because of Sloughs positioning in the table and games in hand.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 07:15:05 PM »
Don't forget its Slough that are doing the chasing, a draw for us will not be a bad result.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 07:17:34 PM »
Is Matty Castellan available?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 07:43:36 PM »
Don't forget its Slough that are doing the chasing, a draw for us will not be a bad result.

A draw against Slough will be in my opinion two points lost rather than one gained? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 10:09:07 PM »

A draw against Slough will be in my opinion two points lost rather than one gained? :dontknow:

Of course it is, but better than a defeat.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 03:10:29 PM »
Having watched Slough on BT last week, they can be beaten, lets not try and take to many touches around the penalty area. lets test the keeper from the off, use the width of the pitch, and get in their faces, come on Lynn, prove that last Saturday was a blip.   

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 05:32:30 PM »
Lynn must be favorites on a pitch that will be worse than it was against Redditch ..Culverhouse had to change his plan, to suit the pitch, and it worked. Slough play at home on a carpet so the Walks should be a big advantage to Lynn.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 01:18:43 PM »
Lynn must be favorites on a pitch that will be worse than it was against Redditch ..Culverhouse had to change his plan, to suit the pitch, and it worked. Slough play at home on a carpet so the Walks should be a big advantage to Lynn.

Really don't see our pitch as giving us any 'advantage' and probably hampers both teams equally, taking away from playing to their strengths.

Hoping for a good crowd and, it appears, everything that Griss doesn't want.  I want Culverhouse to have the lads calm and collected, the days of 'winding players up' was hopefully left behind when Setch left the club, tomorrow is a day for clear heads putting in a performance, I also don't think a draw is the end of the world, whilst we have go out aiming to win a draw keeps the gap between them and us and puts more pressure on Slough to 'do the chasing'.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 07:02:16 PM »
As for the pitch, what are the chances of playing after all the rain , its raining again now and then a frost tonight?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 07:47:55 PM »
There will be a pitch inspection  at 8:45am tomorrow morning ahead of King’s Lynn Town’s scheduled Southern League fixture against Slough Town.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 08:32:25 PM »
Thanks admin

Fingers crossed

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2017, 10:16:37 PM »

Really don't see our pitch as giving us any 'advantage' and probably hampers both teams equally, taking away from playing to their strengths.

Hoping for a good crowd and, it appears, everything that Griss doesn't want.  I want Culverhouse to have the lads calm and collected, the days of 'winding players up' was hopefully left behind when Setch left the club, tomorrow is a day for clear heads putting in a performance, I also don't think a draw is the end of the world, whilst we have go out aiming to win a draw keeps the gap between them and us and puts more pressure on Slough to 'do the chasing'.

Maybe winding up the players was a bad choice of words,but I would like to see them inspired by an influencial manager so as to take the team in the right direction using a maximum of their combined skills and a minimum of physicality. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: