Author Topic: Ask Setch  (Read 11882 times)

rod

• View Profile
Re: Ask Setch
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2016, 06:57:19 PM »
My recently expressed views of Matty Castellan's potential are not at all based upon one decent game - Chesham...............I have seen him several times this season playing in central defence and occasionally right back and he has always impressed. Of course his form will dip at times but there is IMO something special about him..a presence, calmness and maturity in the way that he plays, in addition to his obvious technical skills. I would quite probably put Simon Bird in a similar category and he I believe really gels with Liam Hurst, the two bringing added value to the team! Both appear to have wise football heads on young shoulders.

Just my opinion - gut feeling!!

David Button

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2016, 09:09:34 PM »
I have to agree with Robbo's post. None of the youngsters that have come in have let anyone down. In fact I would say they have done a lot better job than anyone could have imagined.

In reference concerning an earlier post, Setch always said that George Thompsons contract was to stop clubs at the same level hunting him out. He also said that if a club from a higher level came in he would not stand in Georges way.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2016, 08:26:08 PM »
Ithink Setch is a man of his word,but i think a contract offer to Mat Cast is wise sensible and both sidea can only gain, this boy is going places!

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2016, 10:44:21 AM »
Makes sense to me also.