Author Topic: Ask Setch  (Read 12011 times)

Backie9

• View Profile
Ask Setch
« on: January 06, 2016, 05:31:48 PM »
Ask Setch

This Thursday 7th January we are having another online forum with Manager Gary Setchell and Reserve Manager Rob Back, this will take place at 8pm till 9pm on the Official Kings Lynn Town FC Forum. Setch will be open and honest and will welcome all questions football and non football matters.

if you haven't registered already you can easily join if you go http://kingslynntownfc.boards.net/

Simon Bird

Speaking to Setch today regarding Simon Bird as i have seen several posts regarding him and why isn't he in the first team, because of Simons job he struggles to commit fully to being a first team squad member, but setch has said when Simon has been involved he has been fantastic and hasn't let anyone down with his performances, Simon will continue to be a part of the reserve set up and when i need him to help us out because of injuries or suspensions he will be available for selection.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Setch
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 06:10:23 PM »
Ask Setch

This Thursday 7th January we are having another online forum with Manager Gary Setchell and Reserve Manager Rob Back, this will take place at 8pm till 9pm on the Official Kings Lynn Town FC Forum. Setch will be open and honest and will welcome all questions football and non football matters.

if you haven't registered already you can easily join if you go http://kingslynntownfc.boards.net/

Simon Bird

Speaking to Setch today regarding Simon Bird as i have seen several posts regarding him and why isn't he in the first team, because of Simons job he struggles to commit fully to being a first team squad member, but setch has said when Simon has been involved he has been fantastic and hasn't let anyone down with his performances, Simon will continue to be a part of the reserve set up and when i need him to help us out because of injuries or suspensions he will be available for selection.

Do you think that perhaps in the not too distant future there could be an actual fans forum at the ground again ?could it possibly include a few players attending as well,could all be part of maybe an evenings entertainment/fundraiser possibly organised by the FOTL,could coincide with the possibility of a raffle over the Easter period? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 07:19:24 PM »
" perhaps, possibly, maybe, possibly, could, possibility."
  come on grissles just say outright what you would like to see happen.  :cheers:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 07:33:56 PM »
Backie, Cheers for clearing that little mystery up.  Bird certainly never let himself or Setch down at step 3 level in the games i saw him play.  What perhaps he lacked in experience he more than made up for in sure effort and endevour.

On The subject of The online 'Meet Setch/Back'  forum, is there any chance that it could  be recorded, edited down and then put on the website.  Would making interesting viewing for some people who cant view it live.

Is there also an email addy where people could send in questions, again for those who cannot take part on the actual night ?  Kind of makes it open to all.  The questions of course could be vetted in advance.

Cheers

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 08:04:33 PM »
why would questions need vetting in advance? 

"Setch will be open and honest and will welcome all questions football and non football matters"

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 08:12:46 PM »
i just meant MR that if there were any people you were sending questions of, for example, an offensive nature.  Then these could be thrown out.

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 09:32:58 PM »
Grissels

Yes we will definitely have another live forum at the walks and its very good idea to include a couple of players.

Mallard

All the questions and replies will be on the Clubs forum and it will be live but if you wish you can email me any questions for Setch or myself at robbie.back@kltown.co.uk
I will also when the forum has finalised post all the questions and replys on the KL Town FC website.

Hope that helps :)

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 11:06:47 AM »
Cheers for that Backie, have sent a few through to you.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 10:22:05 PM »
ASK SETCH NOW CLOSED

Thanks to everyone for the questions and contribution, "together we will achieve more."

sounds familiar.  :welcome:

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 04:59:13 PM »
Questions and Replies can be seen here
http://kingslynntownfc.boards.net/thread/73/ask-setch

Here are an example of a few

First one for you Robbie.  Having managed at Anglian Com Prem level, is there much difference between the teams in that league and the First Division of the Thurlow ?  Judging by results in The Norfolk Senior cup over the last couple of years it would tend to indicate that there is not too much between the Leagues.

When I first took over Dersingham Rovers I was surprised on  what a tough league the Anglian combination was and completive it was, to be honest I think the likes of Acle and Spixworth and of course Dersingham would do very well in the Thurlow Nunn Division. Of course there is a massive gulf with the professionalism of some of the clubs compared with some in the AC.

If the club is to re-form an ‘A’ team would it be not be better in the medium to long term to enter the Anglian Com rather than the suggested  North West Norfolk League

The thing with putting the A team in the Anglian Combination is this would increase cost and include more traveling etc, plus the idea of having the A team is to give these 16-18 year olds a chance to develop in men’s competitive football, so when they do make the step up its not so harsh on them.

Setch, You have been suggesting that you would like to bring in a proven Goal scorer to bolster what you already have, but that cost is the issue.  In rough figures what it cost to bring in this calibre of player ?  If the budget is not there could a sponsor be sought to allow you to bring someone in ?

Cost of a proven striker at our level is about £450 per week, which is almost double our wage cap and budget restraints. Last season we had a proven striker on loan and we was only paying a ¼ of his wages to his club, so that shows you how hard it is to get someone in who is proven.

You said in your last interview you would need to get a couple of bodies in, for the short term.  What Areas are you looking to bolster ?

When Connor Marshall got injured, we was lucky enough to get Lee Smith in from Histon to play in the middle of the park but now Lee will be missing for up to a month after picking up the same injury midweek, so I am looking for a midfielder and a striker at present and possibly a winger, I think since sprigs left we have missed an old fashion style of a winger, a big factor in getting some new players in they have to have the right character to fit in with this great group we have at present, there is no point in getting a bad apple in and someone who is going to disrupt the dressing ro

Does the Club have anyone out there, maybe on an ad hoc  basis in the local area ( Norfolk) scouting for new talent for both the Reserve t and First team levels  ?

We don’t have an out and out scout at the club but I have many contacts across many leagues and I am always in touch with Managers and players from other clubs with recommendations. One example was Ex player Richard Bunting recommended the lad Kavanagh in summer to me and unfortunately he ended up going to Kettering and I thought he was excellent against us on Boxing Day.

Finally.  With Buster now being heavily involved as the new Chairman of the BSAP what effect, if any has this on the day to day running of the Club, and has he still got the same interest and enthusiasm as he had when he gained control of the club. ?

Buster still has great enthusiasm for the football club and funny enough myself and backie are having a meeting this evening before the Live Forum. I Speak to Buster most days on the phone and he is always very supportive especially when we lose and always tries to pick me up after defeat, which is sometimes hard as me being a Lynn lad I do take losses rather hard than if I wasn’t from the town like a lot other managers at our level.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 10:40:53 AM »
Really feel things are heading in the right direction.  We now have open and honest post match interviews from Setch.  Which in fairness must be bloody hard to do if you have just taken a battering ( Kettering for example), But the guy fronts it out and tells it as he see's it.

Now we have questions being asked and answered in an open and forth right manner.   Think it makes the fans feel part and parcel of it.   Long may it continue.

Couple of ideas for Backie, as he seems to be the one driving this side of things.   The fans all enjoy Setch's post match interview, How's about Robbie Back doing the same, from time to time ( maybe just home games)  Would be good to hear his thoughts on  things and what players are coming through etc etc.

Also from time to time hows about Setch doing a Pre match interview, say on a Friday, time permitting.  It all helps, builds the social media side up.

How about asking the Chairman for a half term report on the other side of the Club ?

Also how about getting a couple of fans thoughts post match,  ? Could be edited, if needed ?

If you read this Backie, any thoughts on if some of the above would be possible ?

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 11:35:06 AM »
The fans all enjoy Setch's post match interview, How's about Robbie Back doing the same, from time to time ( maybe just home games)  Would be good to hear his thoughts on  things and what players are coming through etc etc.

MY REPLY
This is something I have spoken about with Paul Hampson the Videographer and he is keen to do highlighs and interviews for the res when he is not with the 1st team, I have also spoke to someone at the college about if one of the students who is studying media would be interested in doing this. We also have a apprentice media person starting with the football club this weekend perhaps this is something he could do for the reserves ?

Also from time to time hows about Setch doing a Pre match interview, say on a Friday, time permitting.  It all helps, builds the social media side up.

MY REPLY
we will be doing Pre match interviews from Setch in the future, this was something we spoke about in a recent meeting we all had. Also we have starting interviewing the players after the matches as you have possible seen Matty Cassellan and David Bridges get involved.

How about asking the Chairman for a half term report on the other side of the Club ?

MY REPLY
This is something we could possibly do and something I can ask Buster.

Also how about getting a couple of fans thoughts post match,  ? Could be edited, if needed ?

MY REPLY

Excellent idea

If you read this Backie, any thoughts on if some of the above would be possible ?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 12:31:31 PM »
"Cost of a proven striker at our level is about £450 per week"............Puts certain things into perspective and in fact confirms that where football and finance is concerned that the lunatics have now well and truly taken over the asylum!

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 02:03:39 PM »
Iam sure Gregg Plummer is only on half that amount bright spark to.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 02:26:12 PM »
Iam sure Gregg Plummer is only on half that amount bright spark to.

He'll work for Burgers!
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!