Author Topic: 2 points dropped  (Read 2187 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
2 points dropped
« on: December 26, 2017, 07:59:05 PM »
 :oldman" I have to say I see today as 2 points dropped as opposed to 1 gained, we were top of the league this morning and remain top of the league this evening,however we really do need to start putting theses teams, in the lower reaches of the league to the sword. We keep hearing about the state of the pitch,and yes it is not suited to our style of football, we know what it's like ,so need to adapt to it. It is the same pitch for both teams
The only real positive today is that we were not the only team in the top reaches to drop points.
                                        ONWARDS AND UPWARDS    COYL

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: 2 points dropped
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 08:24:12 PM »
As discussed before ...and now a very public problem

Re: Game postponed
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 09:57:32 AM »
The pitch was already a mess this just compounds the problem, had it been maintained better there would have been more optimism

26.12.2017 Culverhouse to EDP...
“The state of that pitch is a leveller. The pitch is absolutely shocking, it is a disgrace. There’s no home field advantage – we haven’t got it. The pitch isn’t good enough.

“We can’t do anything with it, The money wasn’t spent on it that should have been spent on it, You saw us at the start of the season how we got the ball down and try and play.”

Culverhouse wouldn’t be drawn on whether the surface could be the undoing of the club’s promotion hopes, but it certainly won’t help. Even Lynn’s goal came from a set-piece, the mud unable to take the sting out of Simon Lappin’s superb left-foot free-kick on the half-hour mark.

Having read all of this , it must be noted that the burgers are nice...these do contribute to cash flow , whilst the muddy grass does not.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 06:49:08 AM »
Despite not being at their fluent best, I thought Lynn were the better side for much of the game - hit the cross-bar twice!

St Ives defended well all over the pitch.

I am sure the pitch doesn't help but not sure it can be blamed for St Ives' equaliser! What happened? Was Blake-Tracey half-asleep or did the defensive line try and push out to leave their goalscorer offside only for someone to hang back, leaving him on?

I thought Lapin was excellent and Hawkins dangerous so was surprised when they were both taken off, especially given how good their free-kicks are.

WRH

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 09:35:19 AM »
For their goal, we simply didn't get anywhere near any of their players involved in the build up to the goal. Must have been 5 passes in a row where their player received the ball in 5-6 yards of space and were then left time to pick out the next man standing unmarked.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 09:59:26 AM »
 :oldman
For their goal, we simply didn't get anywhere near any of their players involved in the build up to the goal. Must have been 5 passes in a row where their player received the ball in 5-6 yards of space and were then left time to pick out the next man standing unmarked.

:oldman" can we blame the pitch for that!

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 08:35:35 PM »
No you cannot blame the pitch for that goal against, however what Culverhouse eludes to , I suggest, is that there would be more potential home goals if the pitch was playable , to the players quality.