Author Topic: Match report v St Ives  (Read 1949 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
Match report v St Ives
« on: December 26, 2017, 08:44:40 PM »
King’s Lynn Town 1 St Ives Town 1

Tuesday 26th December

Lynn's lead at the top of the Premier Division was reduced to one point on a Boxing Day that saw a number of unexpected results with many of their rivals not taking advantage of Lynn dropping two home points.

Lynn had Michael Clunan and Ryan Fryatt available after suspension and Clunan took a place in the starting line with Dion Frary dropping to the bench.

Despite their lowly league position it was St Ives that took the game to Lynn who were under pressure in the early stages with Danny Watson forcing Alex Street into a save with the rebound going to Ben Baker who could only slide the ball into the side netting.

Lynn's first chance of note came on 20 minutes when Simon Lappin saw his shot from the edge of the area tipped onto the bar by visiting 'keeper Tim Trebes and away for a corner.

On the half hour Lynn broke the deadlock when Ryan Hawkins was fouled on the edge of the box and Lappin's curling free kick flew past a motionless Trebes.

Tom Ward then put a lob onto the top netting while Oliver Smith's cross-cum shot went narrowly wide for the visitors.

St Ives equalised three minutes into the second half, Peter Clarke finding Watson available in space in Lynn's sleepy defence who had time to put the ball under Alex Street.

Lynn tried to get back into the game with substitute Leon Mettam, Michael Gash and Hawkins all seeing efforts saved by Trebes.

Hawkins then had an effort hit the bar and although Mettam was on hand to put in the rebound it was ruled offside.

Lynn: Street, Norman, Blake-Tracy, Gaughran, Ward, Jarvis, Clunan, Lappin (Siddons 88), Gash, Parker (Mettam h/t), Hawkins (McQuaid 81). Subs: Mettam, Fryatt, Siddons, McQuaid, Frary. Scorer: Lappin 30

St Ives: Trebes, Smith, Warner-Eley, Libertucci (Rogers 69), Groves, Kelly, Clarke, McGowan, Watson (Sawyer 81), Snaith, Baker. Subs: Harrold, Ferrell,, McGeorge, Sawyer, Rogers. Booked: Libertucci. Scorer: Watson 48

Attendance: 801
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
Re: Match report v St Ives
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 11:30:42 PM »
What was the attendance today ?  Did keeping the price at normal pay off ?
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 12:27:23 AM »

Attendance 801, so I would say it paid off.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 09:57:52 AM »
 :oldman"

Attendance 801, so I would say it paid off.

Agreed it paid off, 801 is a descent attendance for a southern premier league team, however how many have we persuaded to attend again, only time will tell. My personal feeling is we will soon be back around the 500 mark, I hope not but this is my fear if we start to drop down the table. :oldman"

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 01:21:57 PM »
I appreciate the concerns but it does amuse me reading the comments what would they be like if we were not top of the league ,how many would have accepted that we would be top of the league at Christmas at the start of the season

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 08:37:15 PM »
As there were no public transport 801 is not to bad. But I do wish our manager would stop using the pitch as an excuse, we are a side that has no real pace, apart from Hawkins and for some reason he always gets taken off. Metts  is always getting caught offside. Lets see what happens at places like Slough who have a 3G pitch.

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 09:42:37 PM »
Gate was 200+ down on the last home Boxing Day game,2011 v Holbeach. I dont suppose Holbeach brought more with them than St Ives so, in 6 years where have 20% of our fans gone?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 10:11:18 PM »
Been gone a long time