Author Topic: Kettering Town - New Year's Day  (Read 5307 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Kettering Town - New Year's Day
« on: December 30, 2017, 12:13:32 PM »
From Kettering's website:

The Club would like to announce the signing of Tyrig Hunte. A strong powerful striker who has scored 6 goals in 17 appearances for Aylesbury United. The 19-year old has also played for Aylesbury FC, a loan period at Wantage Town and Oxford City.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Kettering Town - New Year's Day
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 12:20:21 PM »
More Info from Kettering's website:

Our next home league game is at Latimer Park on Monday 1st January 2018 against Kings Lynn Town. Kick-Off is at 3pm and gates open at 2pm. There is no segregation for this game.

Admission prices are: Adults £10; Concessions £6; Under 16’s £1. Season ticket and pass holders should enter at turnstile 3. Programmes (£2.50) and Klondike tickets (£1) are on sale just inside the turnstiles with the Klondike draw made at half time. For those unable to get to the game, Poppies TV hope to broadcast. The link is: http://poppiestv.ketteringtownfc.com. Season ticket holders not registered will need to register before being able to log in free to the broadcast. The cost to non season ticket holders is £8. The Social Club is situated outside the ground and will be open throughout for sale of cold food and drinks. Any live televised games pre and post match will be shown in the clubhouse. Programmes and Klondike tickets are also sold in the clubhouse as is club merchandise and squares for the ‘Sort the Pitch’ fund. Hot food and hot drinks are available from the catering van inside the ground. Please do not sit in any seats with reserved stickers and there are plenty of unreserved seats at no extra cost. Car parking at the ground is limited and other parking is in streets in Burton Latimer. Please park sensibly and respect both parking restrictions and also the houses and drives of our neighbours close to the ground.

The Linnets are now managed by Ian Culverhouse and are having a great season. Currently they are top of the table with 55 points from their 25 games. Their away record sees 8 wins and 2 draws in their 13 games to date. Last season the game at Latimer Park in December ended 1-1 and Kettering won the away game the previous August 2-1.The squad has been substantially improved since then with notably, Michael Gash, Ryan Hawkins and Simon Lappin.

Could we at King's Lynn copy Kettering's "Sort the Pitch Fund" idea?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 01:08:13 PM »
Good idea! would need separate account and run by some sort of sub committee.Maybe some events so people can pitch in.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 02:03:21 PM »
Looking forward to Monday, although the fact that Kettering have a 'Sort the Pitch' fund combined with the forecast doesn't really suggest we will see much of the free flowing football seen from the Linnets at the start of the campaign.

Not sure if this is a Friends type of campaign or perhaps even something the Trust could at least lend their expertise to in some way, shape or form but the 'Sort the Pitch' fundraising scheme is certainly something that you would expect IC to fully endorse given his recent comments.  The Kettering scheme http://www.ketteringtownfc.com/news/sort-the-pitch-out looks like it would raise about £6.5K (1275 @ £5 plus a few 'bonus' squares like the penalty spot / floodlights) and it has to be worth someone having a chat with Martin Bellamy to see what went well / what he would change with a bit of hindsight.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 03:16:39 PM »
only £10 admission. surprised kettering havent stuck an extra fiver on that.  would boost the pitch fund somewhat.  maybe thats where mr cleeve will put the extra £3 from the hereford game.  :countingmoney:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 05:07:24 PM »
First step towards any fundraising endeavour would be a target, let's get a price first?  :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 09:47:09 PM »
First step towards any fundraising endeavour would be a target, let's get a price first?  :dontknow:

you know the price grissles.  football league/ higher than wrexham, or bust. can you afford the ride. :cheers:

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 08:57:48 AM »
Is the parking a massive problem at Kettering?

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 10:03:34 AM »
Is the parking a massive problem at Kettering?

There is quite a large car park in front of the ground which is made available from a local company. Last year I went early and parked in a side street - residential area nearby.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 12:47:28 PM »
In Kettering. Spotting with rain but not too cold.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 01:53:47 PM »
Pitch passed playable by the referee game on coyl

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 03:15:40 PM »
I thought our pitch was bad, this is clearly worse.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 05:03:05 PM »
Watched the game on Kettering’s live stream (very good idea nice little earner) I feel we dominated the majority of the game, just to really struggle in the final third, Gash and Mettam both off the boil at the moment. I think we are dying out for a Striker with some real raw pace. Kettering didn’t overly impress me, for where they are in the league. The pitch is just atrocious so I really have no idea why Clunan thought a chipped penalty would be a good idea!

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 08:24:13 PM »
Watched the game on Kettering’s live stream (very good idea nice little earner) I feel we dominated the majority of the game, just to really struggle in the final third, Gash and Mettam both off the boil at the moment. I think we are dying out for a Striker with some real raw pace. Kettering didn’t overly impress me, for where they are in the league. The pitch is just atrocious so I really have no idea why Clunan thought a chipped penalty would be a good idea!

I was at the game: Linnet1993 sums it up pretty well.

Plenty of positives to take from the game: created numerous positive situations in the final third; Blake-Tracey and Norman got decent crosses in from well worked wide positions; the defence looked mostly secure and the midfield largely controlled the game - it's no coincidence that Street was hardly tested and their keeper was the MOM; the travelling support for Lynn were excellent and helped to create a great atmosphere with a crowd of 1,019.

Negatives: the front two! Mettam had a decent first half - he earned the penalty and hit the post; Gash's hold up play was excellent but the pair of them are too passive in the penalty area. Norman berated both of them in the first half for their lack of movement. Neither of them will make a near post run to get in front of the opposition defender and they are both static when waiting for crosses. Gash should take up a far post position for me but whatever they do they need to do something to give the crosser more options.

Lynn were more than a match for Kettering who defended very well in central areas.

No need to be too down-hearted after this result. Lynn are a bloody good side; just need to sort out the front two.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2018, 08:38:03 PM »
A partisan Kettering crowd who howled for every imagined or real incident. Guy next to me was particularly vocal but in quieter moments was a decent chap.

Lynn dominated play but were forever playing catch-up after going behind. Kettering were threatening on the break but were mostly defending resiliently, putting bodies on the line. Their goalie had a fine game but he was not the only reason we were unable to score - if a cross came in, there was no-one there to strike. Our wide men were playing their socks off but the strikers were not there or able to slot home.

Final whistle came and Kettering crowd rightly celebrated - however, I don't mind a bit of crowing but a female Kettering fan of a certain age (50/60) shouted in my face that I should be ashamed and her male partner echoed these sentiments to the tune of we were all rubbish and a disgrace. I feel certain they were referring to our players who played firmly and with passion against an equally physical Kettering side. I can only say to this straight and lank blond-haired foul mouthed Kettering female and her equally ranting male with a grey bobble-hat that they were a disgrace to Kettering Town FC to rant at an opposition fan, identified because I was wearing a King's Lynn scarf, as I was leaning on my crutch waiting to depart. Whatever the players of either side do, it is not a supporter's fault.  :red card: