Author Topic: Kettering Town - New Year's Day  (Read 5306 times)

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Kettering Town - New Year's Day
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2018, 08:44:23 PM »
The Kettering view:

http://www.poppiesfans.com/

Westhamlinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2018, 09:08:48 PM »
Went to match. Good game eventful. I thought the sides were evenly matched. However Lynns forwards poor. mettam started off ok but faded. Gash you can see was once a good player but age has caught up with him. Time after time especially the first half the full backs were putting balls into the box but the forwards were never in the right position.

The crowd were very partisan and some of there players behaviour was poor obviously the sending off was documented and I am sure the manager was sent off/spoken to for kicking the ball away. I am also sure at the end of the game the Kettering centre forward was involved in a frank exchange of views with the Lynn supporters behind the goal.

But result apart an enjoyable afternoon involving two good sides. Impressed with young Kettering full back looks a real talent and destined for higher level football.

Due to living in London do not get chance to see Lynn much but certainly one of the strongest Lynn sides of recent years well managed,fit and always trying to play football.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 01:40:14 PM »
Reiterate what others have said about the game.  Thought IC got his tactics right to start with going with a back 5 with the wing backs both repeatedly carving out good positions but badly let down by the front two, Mettam ran into some good positions first half but I think the penalty summed him up - never looked like he wanted to take the keeper on and was always looking to go down to pass the responsibility to Clunan and Gash doing good work outside the box but hardly had a touch inside other than when he was set clean through by a great Jarvis pass only to snatch at his shot which was easily saved.  Also not sure that either Parker or Hawkins suit being substitutes as both struggled to get into the game when they were introduced.  Thought giving the Kettering keeper MotM was a strange one, I didn't think we really tested him when you look at the possession we had.

Back at home on Saturday and I think question will be whether IC sticks with his front two or will he be prepared to bench one / two of the higher earners at the club?  For me I would stick with the same team apart from playing Hawkins in place of Mettam just behind Gash.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 01:51:23 PM »
Reiterate what others have said about the game.  Thought IC got his tactics right to start with going with a back 5 with the wing backs both repeatedly carving out good positions but badly let down by the front two, Mettam ran into some good positions first half but I think the penalty summed him up - never looked like he wanted to take the keeper on and was always looking to go down to pass the responsibility to Clunan and Gash doing good work outside the box but hardly had a touch inside other than when he was set clean through by a great Jarvis pass only to snatch at his shot which was easily saved.  Also not sure that either Parker or Hawkins suit being substitutes as both struggled to get into the game when they were introduced.  Thought giving the Kettering keeper MotM was a strange one, I didn't think we really tested him when you look at the possession we had.

Back at home on Saturday and I think question will be whether IC sticks with his front two or will he be prepared to bench one / two of the higher earners at the club?  For me I would stick with the same team apart from playing Hawkins in place of Mettam just behind Gash.

Agree about your choice for front two, although I would still like to see Siddons given a decent run in the side: he can't do any worse than either of the present incumbents!

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 02:23:16 PM »
Whilst while we were sitting proud on the summit of the division, yet again we lack anyone in the top 10-12 of the current top scorers :dontknow: its either Siddons for a run of games or a fresh face quickly added to the forward line before we throw the potential of this campaign away........ :scarf:

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 03:10:11 PM »
Whilst while we were sitting proud on the summit of the division, yet again we lack anyone in the top 10-12 of the current top scorers :dontknow: its either Siddons for a run of games or a fresh face quickly added to the forward line before we throw the potential of this campaign away........ :scarf:

I think you are right Birch. With the amount of possession that we have and the amount of promising forward positions that we get in to our strikers should score far more.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2018, 07:31:13 PM »
Stan is correct, we should give Siddons a chance, I think he will score the goals given the same service that Metts and Gash seem unable to convert, and always play Hawkins, he has the pace we miss in a very static attack. See my other posts. Yesterday proved me correct. Good game, apart from the result.

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 02:02:20 PM »
http://www.thepoppies.online/ktfc-v-kings-lynn-town-highlights-01012018/

Pretty good collection of highlights on there if you can stomach the bias commentary.

Just seeing that penalty miss again....what was he thinking!?  :dontknow:  :cry:

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2018, 02:35:01 PM »
Finally got round to seeing the highlights. Amused that the commentators couldn't see anything wrong with the tackle on Cameron Norman at around 7:00 minutes. It was like watching a long jumper, maybe they should have a sand pit. We were far the better team. Unlucky for sure. Bring on The Bulls.