Author Topic: Are we likely to be moved again at the end of the season?  (Read 2280 times)

robbo84

• View Profile
Are we likely to be moved again at the end of the season?
« on: January 08, 2016, 12:08:06 PM »
Just looking through the other leagues - and there seems to be a very real likelihood we could be moved again at the end of the current season.

In Conference South - all three teams currently in the relegation places are Southern territory teams (St. Albans, Havant and Basingstoke) and in Conference North Corby and Brackley currently occupy spots in the bottom three. This picture is not eased at all looking at the teams that currently occupy the top spots in the feeder divisions either. Obviously this league is only going to lose two teams going up, with up to five coming down, so where do the others go?

I know that a few seasons back Worcester were shunted into Conference South and were given assurances they wouldn't be moved again for two seasons (they ended up having clubs south of them playing in the North for the second year). Have we been given any assurances or is our future at this level going to consist of being shunted backwards and forwards between leagues each season?

multilevel

• View Profile
Re: Are we likely to be moved again at the end of the season?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 11:58:23 AM »
I believe that it's written into the rules that you cannot be forced to move again for 2/3 seasons (unless promoted/relegated). However, if a clubs wants to move again then it can let the FA know that it would happy to do so.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 12:45:09 PM »
I would love to see a return of the Midland league

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 09:22:16 PM »
Midland League was effectively what is now the level below this one.

You're right though. Should be four leagues at this level with the Midland Division being the fourth.