Author Topic: What will we need?  (Read 2346 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
What will we need?
« on: January 03, 2018, 09:32:31 PM »
As we are heading into the second half of the season do people think we will need new faces? Is there anyone who people think should come in, or none at all, and who would people ship out?  :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linnet1993

• View Profile
Re: What will we need?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 10:48:22 PM »
A ST and a CB, I donít think Culverhouse fancies Siddons or Hilliard, and our reliance on 3 CBs in the formations we play we could do with another, I would be surprised if we went out and signed anyone unless we could get a real game changing talent. I did think we looked fragile when Clunan and Fryatt were suspended.

The question i would pose is who do you think from around the county and further afield could come in and make a difference?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 10:50:35 PM »
And who would have to make way to bring faces in? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 11:33:24 PM »
Will be a very interesting summer no matter what happens rest of this season, will Culverhouse stay or go? If he goes how many go with him, How many of last years recruits will stay?

Itís far to early to say who to expect to leave, but a few players I think we should be looking at would be,
Rhys Logan and Ashley Jarvis for Dereham
Sam Borrer and Shaun Bammant from Lowestoft, would they make the step down, are we now considered a bigger or equal team than Lowestoft? Bammant would be the perfect fit for us and Borrer would be at higher level if it wasnít for taking time away from the game.
Could Ryan Jarvis get his brother to jump ship aswell?

Has anyone seen any other players of note? Does Setchell have any Gems at Wisbech?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 08:14:34 AM »
If IC decided to 'shuffle' his pack then there is plenty of quality about in a 30/40 miles radius.  I see Andy Howell is back playing at Dereham after a long injury lay off.  Before this injury was certainly a player who knew the art of defending.  One of those players always well organised and seemed to be in the right place at the right time.   

Not sure I would agree with the Shaun Bammant suggestion.   What is his goals to games ratio at step 3 with Lowestoft ?   The other lad ( Jake Reed) I thought was the one who was the main striker over at Crown Meadow ( or whatever they are calling it these days)  The lad Logan I would sure agree with, not sure you could use him and Hawkins though. Connor Ingram is another natural goal scorer, albeit  at step 5..... Moved a couple of months back from Gorleston to Wroxham.

Been hearing good things also about the right back at Wisbech but have no idea who he is.

I am sure Culverhouse has his eye on one or two targets.  Its that time of year when teams looks to add/change  to freshen  things up a bit.   Have to be right the 'type' of character to come into a squad that has been together while.   No one wants to see a dressing room disrupted by wrong type  coming in.

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 08:26:45 AM »
Nothing else than a 15-20 goal a season striker as we have required since jack defty left the fold.... :dontknow:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 10:35:26 AM »
We now no Sam as left the club so thatís a chunk of change to play with to bring in new faces ie defender and a striker
+

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 11:42:30 AM »
Is it a large chunk, How much ?

Southlinnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 08:07:29 PM »

Has anyone seen any other players of note? Does Setchell have any Gems at Wisbech?

How many levels below is that, how restricted do you think the club is? How many levels below us are Wisbech?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 07:45:36 AM »
http://www.backofthenetsouth.co.uk/wordpress/?p=16267

People mentioning the lad Logan.  Scores a decent goal.   Few Ex Linnets on show.  Great  match  Coverage.