Author Topic: Gaughran departs  (Read 5374 times)

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Re: Gaughran departs
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 05:50:58 PM »
I heard it was for personal reasons.

By

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 05:59:08 PM »
Hope Castellan gets a chance to fill the void.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 08:52:24 AM »
Not sure he is interested in coming back Lough,a bit if a do with his family and chairman at start of season.

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 09:06:46 AM »
I would imagine Sam must have left of his own accord. Wasn't he on contract to May 2019.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 09:46:55 AM »
The words used were "defender Sam Gaughran has agreed terms that will keep him at the club for another two years."

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2018, 09:55:57 AM »
Apparently it said on Radio Norfolk that he was released and that Sam felt he was harshly treated by the club.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2018, 10:11:19 AM »

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2018, 10:14:54 AM »
Greg Plummer has said he expects another in by the weekend.

Frontman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 12:55:21 PM »
Supported IC taking training this season; released by phone from Culverhouse. Interesting didn't face Sam personally; Who needs an enemy when you have such a Manager!! See how many games lost when he was on side-lines. Be an interesting 3 months.

Blue Moon

• View Profile
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 01:22:28 PM »
http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/sam-gaughran-re-signs-for-the-trawlerboys-607801.html

Sorry Sam Old Son, but what goes around comes around

Sorry, am I being thick here, don't understand this post or the meaning behind it
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 01:30:47 PM »
Supported IC taking training this season; released by phone from Culverhouse. Interesting didn't face Sam personally; Who needs an enemy when you have such a Manager!! See how many games lost when he was on side-lines. Be an interesting 3 months.

I guess IC took the view that Lappin may now be able to take on more of a lead at training?  From the games I have seen this season Sam really looked like the one player retained who didn't fit the IC mould so just a natural evolution of the squad in my view.  Agree the next 3 months will be interesting, starting Saturday, will IC stick to 3 centre halves with Frary stepping in (or with a.n.other) or will he revert to a flat back four making space for Hawkings and/or Parker to return to the starting 11?

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2018, 12:51:44 AM »
Got to say I think Ward is no great shakes and Stan saying Sam has his limitations at this level seems strange as he was a valued regular at Lowestoft a league up from us.Also played league football.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2018, 09:08:29 AM »
Got to say I think Ward is no great shakes and Stan saying Sam has his limitations at this level seems strange as he was a valued regular at Lowestoft a league up from us.Also played league football.

I have only ever seen Sam play for Lynn and you will see from my posts going back to the time that he re-joined the club that I have never been impressed with what he has offered the team. What people may have seen of Sam before his time at Lynn is irrelevant. It's like saying that critical comments about Rob Hughes' performances were "strange" because he played a couple of times for Notts Forest. I don't judge a player on his past only what I see when they pull on a shirt for Lynn in the present.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 09:11:30 AM »
 :oldman"

:farmer: Sam did play at a higher level with Lowestoft, also played league football, unfortunately for him this was in the past and is history, he has upped his game recently but he was poor earlier in the season, personally not to disappointed he has left. 
We could say Lappin, Gash, Mettam or even Culverhouse have played higher level football, but when the time comes and you don't cut the mustard you are moved on, FACT OF FOOTBALL.