Author Topic: Greedy Club Raises Ticket Prices  (Read 11610 times)

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
Re: Greedy Club Raises Ticket Prices
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2018, 12:44:00 AM »
Cleeve said at start of season 3 games would be priced at 15 pounds ,all along everyone has known that so why now it’s here the big uproar ,people keep slagging the man off and he bit back ,but it’s the same people constantly moaning and moaning and taking a swipe at Cleeve, it’s 15 quid either pay up or shut up its becoming boring,if he used the extra money went out brought a 20 goal plus striker and won the league would the same people still be bleating ,I suppose a small minority are happy to stay at this level.....Jesus and grissly hey

bobdunk

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2018, 08:05:33 AM »
Totally agree Loopy and Linnet 1993. Wasn't that long ago when you didn't have a club at all. I think Mr Cleeve has done a good job so far. But everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2018, 10:12:28 AM »
Totally agree Loopy and Linnet 1993. Wasn't that long ago when you didn't have a club at all. I think Mr Cleeve has done a good job so far. But everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Agreed, nothing wrong with opinons. Just the way saw put there across.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2018, 10:24:32 AM »
At last a bit of balance and some well considered posts.

Everyone knows the score...there are 2 models .. a Trust running a club where everyone pays in extra, has their say and no one has anyone to moan at but themselves and each other ......and  the situation which currently exists where one man is prepared to financially support the club and put up with moans from those that want to complain. If you aren't prepared to support the club by paying in above the admission fee , (by ownership in some form) then ultimately you surely have little grounds for complaint if the club are doing as well as they are on and off the field ????

Football these days seems to be a necessary outlet for people to vent their frustrations about life in general....life is tough for many and having  a good old moan is often healthy, but lets be careful where we direct it...this little club has a history of imploding just when it is getting going....for things to keep moving forward people have to find a way of working with and supporting each other....otherwise the club continues to kangaroo hop between steps 3-6 and the moaners have more ammunition to keep them going and have ultimately won.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2018, 03:23:19 PM »

I find it quite amusing that everybody is giving Mr Cleeve a pat on the back for giving us a club at this level? He didn't give us a club at this level he brought a club at this level, in fact it was Buster who gave a club at this level?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2018, 03:55:01 PM »

I find it quite amusing that everybody is giving Mr Cleeve a pat on the back for giving us a club at this level? He didn't give us a club at this level he brought a club at this level, in fact it was Buster who gave a club at this level?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I think it’s apparently obvious that everyone’s saying his given us a team that can compete with the best in this league.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2018, 06:19:06 PM »
I think Chapman/Setch's team level was somewhat lower than Cleeve/Culverhouse level. To compete at the top end of step 3 is a different 'level' to the bottom half

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2018, 06:30:55 PM »
I think Chapman/Setch's team level was somewhat lower than Cleeve/Culverhouse level. To compete at the top end of step 3 is a different 'level' to the bottom half

The fact of the matter is that Buster got the team there, maybe if there had been such a large outpouring of manlove for Buster he may have stayed?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2018, 06:42:12 PM »

The fact of the matter is that Buster got the team there, maybe if there had been such a large outpouring of manlove for Buster he may have stayed?

And continue to keep the club floating around in mediocrity?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2018, 06:46:11 PM »

We haven't escaped that level yet? :dontknow:

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2018, 06:49:52 PM »

Sure have a better chance than we ever did under Chapman/Setch

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2018, 07:03:23 PM »

Sure have a better chance than we ever did under Chapman/Setch

Well it is Mr Cleeves second season in this league, if we don't get promoted then he has achieved no more than Buster? :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2018, 11:24:30 AM »
Griss, So success or failure is all down to Club owners and Not players and/or managers ?   How often have you seen a Club owner or Chairman sacked for poor results ?

Cleeve has set his stall out on what he wants to achieve at Lynn.  OK, it might be pie in the sky, but at least he has ambition.  What was Buster's ambition, apart from stating he wanted a return on his Investment ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2018, 02:34:59 PM »
Griss, So success or failure is all down to Club owners and Not players and/or managers ?   How often have you seen a Club owner or Chairman sacked for poor results ?

Cleeve has set his stall out on what he wants to achieve at Lynn.  OK, it might be pie in the sky, but at least he has ambition.  What was Buster's ambition, apart from stating he wanted a return on his Investment ?

And Mr Cleeve doesn't want a return on his investment?  At least Buster had the honesty to say he was running it as a business!  Mr Cleeve is there to make money, what other reason would he have for putting prices up,he is not some kindly old benefactor from fairy tales who runs the club for the benefit of the fans, he runs it for his own pocket!  Doesn't matter if we were still UCL or a league club he would still want a profit, you only have to look at the price of refreshments in the ground etc! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2018, 04:05:09 PM »
I think if and when the Football Company's figures come out Griss I cannot see them supporting your argument.