Author Topic: Title Triple Starts with Terras!  (Read 6290 times)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Title Triple Starts with Terras!
« on: January 18, 2018, 09:29:52 AM »
Lynn are at home to Weymouth this Saturday in the first of three matches that should show us if Lynn can win the Southern Prem title.

Weymouth, in third, are strong contenders for promotion themselves and despite Lynn apparently dominating possession in the match at their place earlier on this season, still beat Lynn 3-1. In fact, Lynn have not beaten Weymouth in the last five matches played since Lynn re-joined the Southern League and who could forget last season's home game when Setch, getting his tactics wrong, saw his side thumped 6-1.

Weymouth are in good form: unbeaten in the last nine matches and have the league's current top goalscorer (if you exclude penalties) in Brandon Goodship with 18 from open play. They also have the meanest defence in the league: 21 goals conceded and only 12 away from home in 12 matches.

Don't sound good does it!

Any predictions? For me, this game has draw written all over it or possibly a Weymouth win: Lynn will dominate possession and Weymouth will hold out and catch them on the break.

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Title Triple Starts with Terras!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 09:40:00 AM »
2-0 home win

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 09:41:49 AM »
2-0 home win

Who do you think will be the goal scorers?
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 10:01:43 AM »
Yes 2-0 home win Clunan penalty and Mettam towards the end

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 10:14:28 AM »
Massive game I hope everyone who can be there is there to encourage the team.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 11:31:24 AM »
How are we doing on the injuries side of things?

Also, what's the state of play with players accumulation of Yellow's and Red's? Are any getting near a ban?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 12:00:46 PM »
If we get a pen Saturday my money would be on Hawkins gaining it.  Thank heavens we don't have VAR at our level  :laughcry:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 12:53:48 PM »
If we get a pen Saturday my money would be on Hawkins gaining it.  Thank heavens we don't have VAR at our level  :laughcry:

Cameron Norman for me. Get in the box - get it in the net.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 01:22:09 PM »
I think it is in our own hands, if we get the personnel and mindset right then I think we have proved we are more than a match for any team in the league.  So, will IC bite the bullet and make changes to a spluttering forward line?  For me I would go with 5-2-3 with the 'usual candidates' filling the back 7 and a front 3 of Gash, Parker and Hawkins, don't think we have seen enough of King and it would be tough to throw him into such a big game from the start.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 01:41:22 PM »
I think it is in our own hands, if we get the personnel and mindset right then I think we have proved we are more than a match for any team in the league.  So, will IC bite the bullet and make changes to a spluttering forward line?  For me I would go with 5-2-3 with the 'usual candidates' filling the back 7 and a front 3 of Gash, Parker and Hawkins, don't think we have seen enough of King and it would be tough to throw him into such a big game from the start.

Who would be your back 5 with Gaughran not at the club now?

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 01:53:30 PM »
Would you consider starting Siddons and giving him a run of games.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 02:01:23 PM »

Who would be your back 5 with Gaughran not at the club now?

The back 5 from the last home game - Norman, Fryatt, Ward, Blake-Tracey, Lappin.  In an ideal world I would like Blake-Tracey to revert to wing back but I thought he had a decent game as part of the back 3 vs Dorchester.  You could argue the squad has less balance with the departure of Gaughran and arrival of King and I had hoped Castellan would be given a chance in Sam's role but IC seems happy with Frary providing the defensive cover.  I guess time will tell if IC is proved right but although we seem to be well set with forwards / attacking midfielders somehow we haven't found the combination that will convert that potential into the goals scored column.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 06:21:41 PM »
Gash n Mettam haven't hit top gear as a pairing, yet.  Could the 2nd half of the season see things somewhat different ? Both have the quality. Now is the time to show it

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 08:06:59 AM »
I don't think that Gash and Mettam will ever be successful as a front two. Gash tends to drop deep, leaving Mettam isolated. Mettam needs a different type of player to work with. Lynn don't need to play through a hold-up player, they are quite capable of getting into the final third without one.

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 11:08:47 AM »
I would bench Mettam and play Gash up top with King just behind him and play a flat back four.