Author Topic: No change at the top!  (Read 2871 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
No change at the top!
« on: January 27, 2018, 05:03:52 PM »
Great 4-0 away win today.

Top 4 all win. Tiverton in 5th lose.

:scarf:

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Re: No change at the top!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 05:06:46 PM »
Slough won as well, they have 7 games in hand on us.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 05:34:17 PM »
Great result against a very decent outfit, surely Hawkins and King have to start vs Hereford!

All the big boys winning, Tiverton in free fall (thought they were awful against us) Nobody will want to play Chesham at the moment but have they left themselves to much of a gap to catch up?

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 05:59:27 PM »
Slough winner today 95th minute,   Bugger ! :sad:

Topstanders mate!

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 08:06:33 PM »
Just back from hitchin,great performance today,and great support looking forward to Tuesday night,brilliant pub near ground the Victoria top day all round..lets hope for similar performance on Tuesday and good gate...lot of bickering about admission prices but just it's only €3 😂😂😂 2 good home games this week on wards we go ... thought we were very positive today...roll on Tuesday ...

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 08:13:38 PM »
Lynn were very impressive today. They controlled much of the game and Hitchin only tested Street once, towards the end when he pulled off a brilliant one handed save, stretching to his left, to stop what looked a certain goal.

Gash had an excellent game: he seems more effective playing as the main focal point of the attack rather than as a support player for Mettam. Good performances from everyone; Cameron King was class!

The only negative was the sight of Tom Ward in a sling to protect his dislocated shoulder. Dion Frary acquitted himself well alongside Fryatt in the centre of defence.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 08:37:14 PM »
Unable to make it due to work commitments, have a few questions.

-How did Frary fare up, would you trust him if needed in a run of games?

-If you had to pick one of Hawkins/King for Tuesday who would it be? My gut tells me Parker will replace one of them Tuesday.

-Was Gash’s goal as good as it was hyped up to be on social media?

-Any news on the seriousness of Ward and Mettams injuries?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 08:56:51 PM »
Unable to make it due to work commitments, have a few questions.

-How did Frary fare up, would you trust him if needed in a run of games?

-If you had to pick one of Hawkins/King for Tuesday who would it be? My gut tells me Parker will replace one of them Tuesday.

-Was Gash’s goal as good as it was hyped up to be on social media?

-Any news on the seriousness of Ward and Mettams injuries?

Frary did fine, although Hitchin didn't test him so too early to say how he will fare.

King was brilliant today; Hawkins had an average game. King has to start. I can also see Culverhouse picking Parker for his industry (he can nick a goal too, of course) with Hawkins as the game changer on the bench.

Gash's goal was pretty good, mainly because of the tight angle and he had an awful lot to do to score it. King's second goal was an impressive team goal.
I understand that Ward is out for 6 weeks; Mettam: I'm not sure!

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 08:24:34 AM »

I understand that Ward is out for 6 weeks; Mettam: I'm not sure!
[/quote]

IC&SC  "Hello ...Sam, Samuel, Sammy, Sammo, wanna come back to the Linnets" Wanna return from your 'loan'?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 08:51:13 AM »
Stan as you watched Kings full debut what is that something 'extra' he brings to the team, the 2 goals he scored yesterday aside, ? Where was he played ?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 10:18:31 AM »
...The only negative was the sight of Tom Ward in a sling to protect his dislocated shoulder. Dion Frary acquitted himself well alongside Fryatt in the centre of defence.

From this Stan did we revert to a flat back 4, moving Lappin into midfield or stick with the back 3 and if so did Frary play in the middle?  Was anything said about the lack of subs?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 12:10:59 PM »
Nice to see injured players travelling with the team, providing extra support, teamwork.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 01:56:01 PM »
Stan as you watched Kings full debut what is that something 'extra' he brings to the team, the 2 goals he scored yesterday aside, ? Where was he played ?

King keeps hold of the ball brilliantly; the only way Hitchin could get the ball from him was by fouling. He is also very composed in the final third and makes intelligent probing passes when something is on or looks after the ball when it's not. This is definitely something that we've been lacking.

I'm really excited that we've signed him and feel that he will have a similar or greater impact than George Thompson.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 01:59:14 PM »
...The only negative was the sight of Tom Ward in a sling to protect his dislocated shoulder. Dion Frary acquitted himself well alongside Fryatt in the centre of defence.

From this Stan did we revert to a flat back 4, moving Lappin into midfield or stick with the back 3 and if so did Frary play in the middle?  Was anything said about the lack of subs?

They played the 442 diamond with Lappin on the left; Clunan on the right; Jarvis at the foot and King the most forward. It worked really well. Nothing said about lack of subs: Lynn had 3 of them - Parker, Hilliard and Siddons.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2018, 02:07:55 PM »
Was at the game yesterday, can't really add anything much more to what has been said previously about the game. King looked the business, Norman enormous as usual, Gash played up front more, looked better. Pedro must be the best keeper in the league, pulled off a few immense saves to keep a clean sheet. Lappin shows his class, Clunan as usual assured self, does argue with ref too much for my liking.. Not seen Hereford, as local game last week postponed; if we play like this on Tuesday then its quite possible for a Lynn win.   :scarf: