Author Topic: No change at the top!  (Read 2866 times)

Nigel1505

• View Profile
Re: No change at the top!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 02:10:39 PM »
"I'm really excited that we've signed him and feel that he will have a similar or greater impact than George Thompson".

Or Freddie Easthall. :oldman"

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 03:14:16 PM »
...The only negative was the sight of Tom Ward in a sling to protect his dislocated shoulder. Dion Frary acquitted himself well alongside Fryatt in the centre of defence.

From this Stan did we revert to a flat back 4, moving Lappin into midfield or stick with the back 3 and if so did Frary play in the middle?  Was anything said about the lack of subs?

They played the 442 diamond with Lappin on the left; Clunan on the right; Jarvis at the foot and King the most forward. It worked really well. Nothing said about lack of subs: Lynn had 3 of them - Parker, Hilliard and Siddons.

Have to disagree Stan, to me it looked more like a 3-4-2-1. Wing-backs and two deep midfielders, with Hawkins and King playing as number 10’s/trequartista’s , Gash up top.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2018, 05:45:40 PM »
...The only negative was the sight of Tom Ward in a sling to protect his dislocated shoulder. Dion Frary acquitted himself well alongside Fryatt in the centre of defence.

From this Stan did we revert to a flat back 4, moving Lappin into midfield or stick with the back 3 and if so did Frary play in the middle?  Was anything said about the lack of subs?

They played the 442 diamond with Lappin on the left; Clunan on the right; Jarvis at the foot and King the most forward. It worked really well. Nothing said about lack of subs: Lynn had 3 of them - Parker, Hilliard and Siddons.

Have to disagree Stan, to me it looked more like a 3-4-2-1. Wing-backs and two deep midfielders, with Hawkins and King playing as number 10’s/trequartista’s , Gash up top.

I'll trust what you saw Loughborough. I stood behind the goal, which I don't usually do, and spent much of the game with some bloke (nice guy I might add) chatting away to me and I didn't really pay much attention to the formation. My son swore it was the 442 diamond, when I asked him.

What did you think of King?

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2018, 09:55:58 PM »
King looks to have that little bit of guile that helps with his decision making, as the opposition never seemed quite sure what he was going to do, which gives him more time. Passing was deft, though there were a few instances of miscommunication, but to be expected in only his second game. One good goal, one goal that was less difficult, but being in the right place at the right time is a skill all of its own.

All in all, a very good player, might be vying with Norman for best in the squad. From reading up on him, it seems the only reasons he’s dropped down the pyramid is because he used to have problems with chronic migraines. If that’s all sorted, I can see him playing at a higher level next year, even if Lynn aren’t.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2018, 10:34:46 PM »
Thanks for the comments from those who went, looking forward to Tuesday and would like to think we could find an extra bit of cover on the bench.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2018, 11:20:52 PM »
Thanks for the comments from those who went, looking forward to Tuesday and would like to think we could find an extra bit of cover on the bench.

Did they get the roof fixed? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”