Author Topic: John Flanagan  (Read 4703 times)

THE DUKE

• View Profile
John Flanagan
« on: January 28, 2018, 08:39:34 PM »
I disagree with a lot of what he says but I defend his right to say it. Who has banned him and why?Many do not know or have forgotten the ideas he has had over the years that have raised a great deal of money for the Club the Flanagan family have served this Club for many years and it seems to me a shabby way to treat him.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Re: John Flanagan
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 09:39:10 PM »
The chairman, in his wisdom, has banned him. Thank you for posting this. Our family have been supporting the club for about 30 years. Many are now disillusioned with the club and do not attend. They, and others like them, will not go back. This is their choice, not Mr. Cleeve's.

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 11:16:06 PM »
Perhaps rather than him leaving the Club the Club has left him it seems many of the older supporters are voting with their feet. I do not know how to reconnect.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 12:08:13 AM »
The chairman, in his wisdom, has banned him. Thank you for posting this. Our family have been supporting the club for about 30 years. Many are now disillusioned with the club and do not attend. They, and others like them, will not go back. This is their choice, not Mr. Cleeve's.
It's nice to see family solidarity.Grissles was second person to be banned,the other being that lad Whitehouse.Isn't he related to Smudger?If so,does that mean the club could be looking for a new photographer soon?  :dontknow:
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 12:12:48 AM »
Yes, David Whitehouse, a polite and very well spoken young man. Mr. Cleeve banned him, for something that someone else had said to him via Twitter.
Not sure if the photographer will be next.

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 09:38:53 AM »
Oh well. It seems JF couldn't grasp the difference between having an opinion and being downright insulting. His loss.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 10:00:53 AM »
Oh well. It seems JF couldn't grasp the difference between having an opinion and being downright insulting. His loss.

I never was insulting towards Mr Cleeve, for him to say otherwise is a lie!
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 01:59:08 PM »
I disagree with a lot of what he says but I defend his right to say it. Who has banned him and why?Many do not know or have forgotten the ideas he has had over the years that have raised a great deal of money for the Club the Flanagan family have served this Club for many years and it seems to me a shabby way to treat him.
Agree to a point Duke there are two sides to every story , I like John and enjoy his take on things but we don't know everything that went on. Hope this will soon pass and harmony will prevail

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 07:15:22 AM »
Griss efforts like the one you posted on the Hereford  forum don't help your cause and won't have helped lift the ban imho.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 09:11:23 AM »
Griss efforts like the one you posted on the Hereford  forum don't help your cause and won't have helped lift the ban imho.

If I am totally honest while Mr Cleeve is in charge I don't want to go!
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

LinnetsSoccer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 09:43:17 AM »

Sounds like a win-win then  :scarf:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 12:46:13 PM »

Certainly is,and being a trust member I can continue drinking crisp cold lager from a proper glass cheaply at the Napier.  :cheers:

LinnetsSoccer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 05:01:54 PM »

Certainly is,and being a trust member I can continue drinking crisp cold lager from a proper glass cheaply at the Napier.  :cheers:

Talking of which, perhaps you may consider no longer advising away fans to stay away from the club bar, thus depriving the club of revenue. Completely pointless activity.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 06:01:23 PM »

Talking of which, perhaps you may consider no longer advising away fans to stay away from the club bar, thus depriving the club of revenue. Completely pointless activity.

Have I advised them to stay away from the club bar? No I haven't, just suggested alternative venues, or have you heard the rumour that I stand in the club car park and direct them to the Napier?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 06:54:49 PM »
Griss why don't you be the bigger man and offer the olive branch to Stephen Cleeve and then get yourself back watching YOUR team. There are no winners in this silly little saga.