Author Topic: John Flanagan  (Read 5864 times)

KLTFC2017

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: John Flanagan
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 07:51:28 PM »
I wouldn’t bother commenting
If he was in a room on his own he would find something to argue about
Always thinks he right

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 07:59:03 PM »
Griss efforts like the one you posted on the Hereford  forum don't help your cause and won't have helped lift the ban imho.

If I am totally honest while Mr Cleeve is in charge I don't want to go!

Sounds like a win-win then  :scarf:

Certainly is,and being a trust member I can continue drinking crisp cold lager from a proper glass cheaply at the Napier.  :cheers:

Talking of which, perhaps you may consider no longer advising away fans to stay away from the club bar, thus depriving the club of revenue. Completely pointless activity.

Have I advised them to stay away from the club bar? No I haven't, just suggested alternative venues, or have you heard the rumour that I stand in the club car park and direct them to the Napier?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

"Any fans heading to the game and looking for refreshment before and after the game,without drinking crap overpriced beer at the club in plastic cups,there are a couple of pubs close to the ground"

Is that not advising fans to stay away from club?

No it is not,just merely a suggestion,a away teams suggest to Lynn fans of various watering holes where they can drink,without aggro from fellow fans!
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 09:33:50 PM »
I wouldn’t bother commenting
If he was in a room on his own he would find something to argue about
Always thinks he right

Why did you bother commenting then,If I thought i was always right what would be the point of saying anything, Emperor's New Clothes.  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 05:40:16 PM »
Maybe some might be best advised by Ronan Keating; "You say it best when you say nothing at all." Or the Tremeloes; "Silence is Golden" or maybe; "Shaddap you face" - Joe Dolce.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2018, 05:58:36 PM »
Maybe some might be best advised by Ronan Keating; "You say it best when you say nothing at all." Or the Tremeloes; "Silence is Golden" or maybe; "Shaddap you face" - Joe Dolce.

Or just join the rest of the mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed on bull####?  :dontknow:

Attleborough Doug

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 11:47:00 AM »
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" is a quotation from the 1599/ 1600 play Hamlet by William Shakespeare. It has been used as a figure of speech, in various phrasings, to indicate that a person's overly frequent or vehement attempts to convince others of something have ironically helped to convince others that the opposite is true, by making the person look insincere and defensive"
As true then as it is today.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 03:44:30 PM »
Mike that was nothing short of Brilliant

Barmy856

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 03:54:09 PM »
Mike that was nothing short of Brilliant

I can think of one or two others it could apply to  :welcome:

Watford mick

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2018, 08:21:38 PM »
Although I don't get to attend much these days I have to agree with griss about the ale in the club house
Not drank in there since buster ripped out the proper bar and introduced the the offerings now on show
Much prefer the Napier but that's my choice
Have also enjoyed griss s banter over the years and think most of it is said tongue in cheek
If he s  been banned on the grounds of what he has said then I think quite a few more should also go given some of the comments that have been made over the years
Think me cleeve should grow a thicker skin by the sound of it and move on  :scarf:

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 10:56:21 PM »
Although I don't get to attend much these days I have to agree with griss about the ale in the club house
Not drank in there since buster ripped out the proper bar and introduced the the offerings now on show
Much prefer the Napier but that's my choice
Have also enjoyed griss s banter over the years and think most of it is said tongue in cheek
If he s  been banned on the grounds of what he has said then I think quite a few more should also go given some of the comments that have been made over the years
Think me cleeve should grow a thicker skin by the sound of it and move on  :scarf:

well said that man.  a welcome dose of reality.   :oldman" :cheers:

Watford mick

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2018, 11:32:38 AM »
Thank you Mr rose
Will buy you a pint of proper ale when work allows me to travel north

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2018, 03:46:39 PM »
Should this thread be moved to EX Linnets now?  :)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2018, 03:52:48 PM »
Should this thread be moved to EX Linnets now?  :)
He'll always be a Linnet!   :scarf:

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2018, 09:02:07 PM »
Griss efforts like the one you posted on the Hereford  forum don't help your cause and won't have helped lift the ban imho.
Yes grissly not the most sensible post to make ,you should change your name to victor meldrew

Certainly is,and being a trust member I can continue drinking crisp cold lager from a proper glass cheaply at the Napier.  :cheers:

Talking of which, perhaps you may consider no longer advising away fans to stay away from the club bar, thus depriving the club of revenue. Completely pointless activity.

Have I advised them to stay away from the club bar? No I haven't, just suggested alternative venues, or have you heard the rumour that I stand in the club car park and direct them to the Napier?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

"Any fans heading to the game and looking for refreshment before and after the game,without drinking crap overpriced beer at the club in plastic cups,there are a couple of pubs close to the ground"

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2018, 10:18:36 PM »
Yes grissly not the most sensible post to make ,you should change your name to victor meldrew

I didn't advise them to go anywhere, just gave them options.  :cheers: