Author Topic: Lynn back to top.  (Read 5809 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Lynn back to top.
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 11:29:30 AM »
What is really great, is that this time when The Big Match came around, Lynn, for once excelled and were worthy winners. It takes a lot to turn the Energy of this club around..it's a bit like an ocean liner...it seems to have been stuck in a malaise of negativity and averageness for years....but no longer. The Chairman, Manager and players have the know how and will to succeed and positive, well wishing fans will be fired up by this and drawn to future fixtures. It's been a long time since this Forum has been buzzing like this....great stuff !

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 12:09:47 PM »
Absolutle joy  to watch this game last night end to end could have gone either way. Let's hope for another repeat performance on Saturday apart from going two nil down  by half time . just hope we don't slip up otherwise last night will count for nothing   

Five o

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 01:02:17 PM »
What a fantastic game it was. Both teams trying to win, instead of stifling each other out. Played like a cup tie and finished like a cup tie. Good to see the fans getting behind their team instead of moaning, even when they were behind.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 01:17:02 PM »
Thoroughly top game last night. From the word go King's Lynn went on the front foot and stayed on it for the whole 92 minutes before holding on for last two. Cameron Norman was sensational once again yesterday. Hereford LB kept him quiet opening 20, but he soon over powered him and had the better of him for rest of the game. All the attacks and most joy were down that side and he really is a top player. Should have had an assist in first half for his cross to Gash, but got it in 2nd half with his cross to him again.

What last night shown is how important getting home advantage will do in the play offs. Reckon Hereford have more then enough about them to wrap up the title (unless they implode), but finishing 2nd (or 3rd if 2nd were to lose in play offs) could be huge as the home fans can give that extra edge when behind. Had that been away from home, I don't think we'd have seen a comeback, at home the fans pushed that extra little bit.

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 03:10:14 PM »
Yer.Brilliant guts in second half.Great character is an overused statement in football but it definitely applied last night.Just hope King is not too bad and the plonker with the flare doesn't ruin things.Think they were young lads who got a bit carried away.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 06:30:05 PM »
 :red card:
Just hope the plonker with the flare doesn't ruin things.Think they were young lads who got a bit carried away.
A bit carried away,but just happened to have a flare on his person!
Its not the first time flares have been used in last couple of years,so identify him and ban him.Or maybe the Chairman believes this kind of behaviour is not as serious as social media comments?

Why have a dig at the chairman, did he bring the flares into the stadium, give the man time to identify the person/persons who brought the flares in and sanction them . Please do not slate him already, it's less than 24 hours ago?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 06:51:01 PM »
Great win by the squad and IC last night. Just so wish I could have been there but work abroad had to come first.

All those who went I hope you guys had a great night and the game will live long in the memory.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 07:15:33 PM »
Just hope the plonker with the flare doesn't ruin things.Think they were young lads who got a bit carried away.
Its not the first time flares have been used in last couple of years,so identify him and ban him.Or maybe the Chairman believes this kind of behaviour is not as serious as social media comments?

Why have a dig at the chairman, did he bring the flares into the stadium, give the man time to identify the person/persons who brought the flares in and sanction them . Please do not slate him already, it's less than 24 hours ago?

Club have issued a statement regarding the flare (at least they have now been amended so SC doesn't 'deeply condone' the action):

https://www.kltown.co.uk/single-post/2018/01/31/Smoke-BombFlare-incident-update

I guess any 'digs' would be as a result of SC partially defending the previous action at Buxton.  Once the FA have their hearing I can't see club will get much change out of the 3 premium from last night.  Hopefully with all the extra stewards in attendance the culprit can at least be identified this time

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 07:18:18 PM »
Yes it was a tremendous night and the voice is still hoarse today - well worth 15. Used the on line ticketing system for the first time and went straight in.

Barmy856

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 07:39:10 PM »

Club have issued a statement regarding the flare (at least they have now been amended so SC doesn't 'deeply condone' the action):

https://www.kltown.co.uk/single-post/2018/01/31/Smoke-BombFlare-incident-update

I guess any 'digs' would be as a result of SC partially defending the previous action at Buxton.  Once the FA have their hearing I can't see club will get much change out of the 3 premium from last night.  Hopefully with all the extra stewards in attendance the culprit can at least be identified this time

Mr Cleeve is very quick to get his red card out to those who have differing opinions, I just hope he has a similar attitude towards those that damage the name of the club with such actions as mentioned above.

As to the perpetrator, i'm sure twitter users will have a fair idea as to the identity of him and also the 'pitch invader'  :red card:

Let's make sure it's dealt with properly this time !

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2018, 09:35:20 PM »
I do not miss many matches but I did miss a BIG one well done to all the squad and hope to be there Saturday.

Harry the Painter

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 09:57:02 PM »
One of the best games I've watched in over 50 years. It had it all. I even watched the  highlighgts and the crowd was as loud as 1st and 2nd div side. Onwards and upwards :)

alex

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 05:39:45 PM »
A terrific game but the highlight for me was to see Gashy sprint back from the edge of the area to the halfway line to tackle their right back and win the ball. How many no.9's would do that?

LinnetsSoccer

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 06:36:27 PM »
I thought the flare was good fun - why don't people like it?

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2018, 06:44:24 PM »
Great fun if anyone had been injured or the FA ordered the game to be replayed behind closed doors!!