Author Topic: Lynn back to top.  (Read 5877 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
Lynn back to top.
« on: January 30, 2018, 09:42:52 PM »
3-2 win after being two down.

It can't get a lot better than that.

Congratulations to IC and his battling hero's.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Lynn back to top.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 10:02:26 PM »
Well done lynn  :clap: :clap:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 10:20:09 PM »
Everyone I spoke to praised the battling spirit of the whole team who played their hearts out. It was also 90+ minutes of end to end entertainment. Lynn took the game to Hereford and paid the price in the first half, going 2-0 down. But what a second half where we pulverised Hereford with eveything we had, and more. At 2-2 Hereford were shellshocked and the final nail was put into their coffin by sub Toby Hilliard wigh a poachers goal. Wild scenes at the Walks as the crowd really got behind the team - haven't seen that for some time.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

alex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 10:32:20 PM »
Terrific game. Lynn showed character to match their talent. I hope the
Lynn supporters who were there tonight come back on Saturday.

Topstanders mate!

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 10:38:57 PM »
Fantastic night,what a brilliant performance,amazing atmosphere when Toby got the winner,full marks to the players and I/C half time team talk!what a game, end to end stuff!roll on Saturday  :scarf:

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 10:45:29 PM »
Wouldve paid £20 for that & not moaned!

Apart from a few sour grapes & skirmishes in the crowd at the end good banter all game & a crazy game of football.
First half you could see why hereford have been unbeaten for so long, Mills up front looks too good for this league. Second half I just don't know what happened they couldn't handle us!  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 11:00:51 PM »
Absolutely amazing effort from the boys, the second half performance was as good as it gets 10/10...the stadium was rocking, stunning.............  :worship: :worship: :scarf:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 11:11:21 PM »
Cracking game, thought the ref was a bit 'one-eyed' first half with a physical Hereford side getting most of the 50/50s but what a second half.  I thought Weymouth were a good side but can now see why Hereford are the bookies choice but we really rattled them and put paid to all the pre-match talk of their unbeaten away run.  Does anyone have any idea why Frary was replaced by Parker?  I thought he stood up well to the test but if it was tactical that shows how much the game meant to IC, even when King went off he went for the attacking option of Toby rather than Fryatt and how it paid off. 

Decent crowd which may have been hit by the £3 premium, time will tell how much of that the FA decide to take as no doubt the ref will be writing about the smoke bomb in his report - he seemed the only one wanting to go off, fair dues to the Hereford team who just wanted to get on with the game.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 11:11:55 PM »
Sounds like a great advert for the team? Worked hard until the last minute,well done team. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 12:21:25 AM »
Unreal scenes, incredible from the team to come back. Didn’t feel like we were to far off the boil in the first half just punished by a very good team. What on earth there number 9 is doing at this standard I do not no. Standouts for me where Gash,Hawkins,Norman,Parker and Street if he could develop his kicking and distribution he could play at a higher standard.

I still think Hereford will win the league, but this has showed us we can beat anyone.

Does anyone else think with the ball at his feet Ryan Hawkins is the best attacking midfielder in this league?

Hoping Cameron Kings injury isn’t as serious as it looked.

COYL

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 06:15:30 AM »
Some games have to be endured and some can be enjoyed. Once in a blue moon you experience a game like last night's. A magic moment for my lad and walking home he said he can't wait to tell his friends at school. Football, bloody hell!!!

LinnetsSoccer

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 06:29:01 AM »
Terrific game last night, battling performance from IC and the boys, showed real class in the hens second half.

Those who refused to go because of the £3 rise got what they deserved - nothing.

COYL, push on and win the league now.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 09:44:48 AM »
Last night we won a football match against a very good side, we didn't win the league or it didn't guarantee a play of place, what it did do was to throw down a marker to the rest of that league. It was a great advert for non-league football, and if I dare say so it was worth £15. Fair play to IC, when we got back to 2-2 I think most teams would have taken the point, but we kept going for it, and justice was done in the end. To the few moaners that come on this site, get a life, or go and watch Wisbech.   

THEONEYOUNEED

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 09:55:46 AM »
Excellent performance - real skill and great determination.  Must have been a very inspiring half-time team talk by IC.  Pleased he played Cameron King and Hawks in an attacking line-up.  All played special games, but thought Clunan was the MOM not only for his game, but for constantly encouraging the players to sustain up-and-down “elastic band” football.  Roll on Saturday !

GrahamB

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 09:57:28 AM »
Great performance last night on and off the pitch. Lived up to all of the hype, the team spirit and belief shown was like the old days but the football was classier. IC is the man , with Cleeves backing, to bring great things to The Walks. Dare I say it but I think last night we played the league winners and at 2-0 down at half time I feared the worst BUT what a comeback we battered them, for me the turning point was the introduction of Parker his running, tenacity and enthusiasm created spaces in the midfield which allowed Jarvis time &  space to control the midfield and spray the ball around , especially to Norman who again was outstanding. Great performance all round though from the Chairman and Manager down to the terraces.