Author Topic: Stewards  (Read 4667 times)

THE DUKE

• View Profile
Re: Stewards
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 10:20:34 PM »
I unlike others who post on this forum do not make statements that I have not seen or heard and I can state as can any number of fans who stand in front of the main stand that the stairs leading to the central area have not been manned by stewards on several games this season it was only meant as a observation.

Westlandallstar

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 09:40:03 AM »
I can 100% say that there is a steward the stairs every game. Maybe the steward gas gone to the loo or sorting something else out at the time you look at the stairs.

Westlandallstar

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2018, 09:50:50 AM »
I get its a observation how it proves my point in the fact that nobody has one good thing to say about the fantatsic team of stewards and the job that they do week in week out.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2018, 11:58:34 AM »
At one point in time there used to be a certain number of seats in the small stand opposite the main stand were these removed to make sure tht anyone who wanted to sit down had to pay? I am fully aware that those seats disappeared long before the present incumbant took over. :dontknow: :bankrupt:

Per chance these seats were removed due to them being unsafe to be used. Maybe also too costly to replace. Anyone sitting would not have been able to see through those standing fans in front of them. Would it be viable to put in some seating, possibly 3 - 4 rows of maybe 10 - 15 seats per row with a No Standing space in front of them?

I doubt very much it was a commercial reason to move sitters up into the main Stand and pay extra. That is a very cynical and  negative insinuation/question.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2018, 12:46:56 PM »
At one point in time there used to be a certain number of seats in the small stand opposite the main stand were these removed to make sure tht anyone who wanted to sit down had to pay? I am fully aware that those seats disappeared long before the present incumbant took over. :dontknow: :bankrupt:

Per chance these seats were removed due to them being unsafe to be used. Maybe also too costly to replace. Anyone sitting would not have been able to see through those standing fans in front of them. Would it be viable to put in some seating, possibly 3 - 4 rows of maybe 10 - 15 seats per row with a No Standing space in front of them?

I doubt very much it was a commercial reason to move sitters up into the main Stand and pay extra. That is a very cynical and  negative insinuation/question.

I stand to be corrected on this one, and apologies if my recollection on this one is not correct.
I seem to recall it was 100% a commercial decision, as I believe they were actually sold to raise some much needed cash at the time.

I also remember that the subject of them being replaced was also discussed before the previous club had its problems.

Richard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2018, 12:51:07 PM »
They were sold to Hereford United !

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2018, 01:02:34 PM »
They were also enclosed by a brick wall and I believe that originally no standing was allowed in the seated area.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2018, 01:22:04 PM »
It was a good and very useful set up. Shame it disappeared. :oldman"

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2018, 05:14:20 PM »
 :farmer: I also recall the wall around these seats became unsafe and was therefore taken down  :oldman"

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2018, 09:59:46 AM »
Weren’t the seats removed in about the 1960s to pay for floodlights?

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2018, 11:41:28 AM »

I think it was mid/late 70's.  :dontknow:

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2018, 11:55:50 AM »
 :farmer:

I think it was mid/late 70's.  :dontknow:

I think the last seats were removed a lot later, maybe admin could give an answer to this.

Turtle84

• Aka Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2018, 03:29:32 PM »
the only gripe I had with the stewards was Tuesday night, just standing there at half time when 7 or 8 or so Hereford fans walked up to us and started screaming in our faces, there where kids around, they wanted to start something then, the steward who stood on the pitch and the ones to the side of us did nothing nothing, even when called to come over just stood there, it was pathetic, it was obvious from that it was going to kick off, at full time, stewards should have not let the Hereford fans through. lessons learnt here I think for the chairman too.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2018, 07:43:03 PM »
Well if you are not happy with the levels of stewarding please feel free to bring it up with the chairman, or better still pull on a pink vest and try it yourselves!!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Westlandallstar

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2018, 09:01:40 PM »
the only gripe I had with the stewards was Tuesday night, just standing there at half time when 7 or 8 or so Hereford fans walked up to us and started screaming in our faces, there where kids around, they wanted to start something then, the steward who stood on the pitch and the ones to the side of us did nothing nothing, even when called to come over just stood there, it was pathetic, it was obvious from that it was going to kick off, at full time, stewards should have not let the Hereford fans through. lessons learnt here I think for the chairman too.
Stewards.....simply not capable to enforce :argue: and protect the public in volatile situations :dontknow: ok for collecting footballs and tickets..

I believe the police dealt with that situation as they had ejected a fan at half time. Also the police had said let them go that way even when we had asked them not to let them. The head steward asked the chairman for the game to be segregated but was told no by him and the police. But it's all our fault as always. We asked for these things and by them saying no we now have to get the backlash of someone elses decision. If you think you can do better then feel free to pull on a jacket and do it yourselves because me personally and many others i know are now getting sick and tired of.constant criticism and what seems to be hatred from fans when we were under instructions from the authorities but people dont realise that.