Author Topic: Smoke Bombs at Farnborough v Hereford.  (Read 1638 times)

Jethro Linnet

• View Profile
Smoke Bombs at Farnborough v Hereford.
« on: February 03, 2018, 08:57:34 PM »
I see a smoke bomb was set off at Farn V Hereford today. That seems very coincidental that smoke bombs should be set off at the last 2 Hereford away games in a week and obviously raises the question whether or not the perpetrator at the Lynn Game was a Lynn Fan? Also we may be called blue and gold, but Lynn considers itself to be yellows and not blue per the smoke bomb?
It was also thrown at 2-2 possibly to hold up the game for a draw.
Makes you think!
Supporting the Linnets since 1964.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke Bombs at Farnborough v Hereford.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 09:06:14 PM »
I was thinking the same when I saw that another Hereford game had a smoke bomb/flare - was it actually a Hereford fan instigated incident at both games?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Southlinnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 12:38:38 AM »
It was a blue flare on Tuesday where our fans were stood............   :fish:

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 02:25:59 AM »
It was thrown at 3-2.Get your facts right.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 09:45:03 AM »
Reading up on yesterday’s incident at Farnborough, seems more than one smoke bomb was thrown to the point where the referee considered abandoning the game. A Farnborough player was sent off for throwing one back into the stand.

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 09:59:23 AM »
According to Farnborough’s fans forum, three smoke bombs were thrown onto the pitch; the offending Hereford “supporter” was identified by their own genuine supporters and was “ arrested and evicted from the ground”.  Hope the FA will be aware of this when they consider what happened at our ground!!

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 10:01:49 AM »
It will have to be treated as two separate incidents. However it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if the referee had abandoned the game yesterday because of it.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 02:48:03 PM »
I was thinking the same when I saw that another Hereford game had a smoke bomb/flare - was it actually a Hereford fan instigated incident at both games?
So,all we need to do is find a Bulls supporter who was having an away day at Buxton last season and we’re completely in the clear!
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Westlandallstar

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 03:10:46 PM »
The smoke bomb on tuesday was clearly thrown from the lynn fans just after the 3rd goal went in.

Sthlincs linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 03:50:13 PM »
“The smoke bomb on tuesday was clearly thrown from the lynn fans just after the 3rd goal went in.”

If that is the case then other Lynn fans would have witnessed who the culprit is. This could be a serious matter for the club and someone should stand up and privately report them to the club.

Barmy856

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 04:04:07 PM »

Jeez, really ?? Next you'll be saying iit was Hereford fans who invaded the pitch celebrating their injury time defeat on Tuesday ? 

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 05:14:22 PM »
The smoke bomb on tuesday was clearly thrown from the lynn fans just after the 3rd goal went in.

And this is from a Steward.
Hi, Im currently a volunteer steward.............
Good enough?
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 05:32:09 PM »
The crucial point here is that the genuine Hereford supporters identified the culprit and he was arrested. This would be a positive in any FA sanction unlike the incident at Lynn where no such action was taken. One stupid idiot has cost the club in one way or another as I would be amazed if the club escape a financial penalty. It's just what you need when every penny is crucial to the promotion cause. Someone knows the identity of this person but again I'd be amazed if he is identified, we do not  want his sort setting foot inside The Walks.