Author Topic: Stephen Cleeve Twitter  (Read 4515 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Stephen Cleeve Twitter
« on: February 07, 2018, 08:55:04 AM »
Some of you may wonder why Greg Plummer retweets the home club's tweets when we play away from home - that's because he never goes away so all the reports are what he reads elsewhere - lazy journalism

This is the latest tweet from our erstwhile Owner/Chairman.  He really is something else !!!

He has the audacity to criticise Plummer yet he has people lworking for him who are stuck in first gear where press releases etc are concerned.  For example can anyone tell me what is the problem with Cameron King, Tom Ward, Leon Mettam ?  How long will they be out for  etc etc

Surely Mr Chairman one has to get ones own house in order first before throwing out crass remarks about others who have been at the Club a long time before your arrival and a will be there a long time after you are gone and forgotten.

On last nights team sheet I thought for one moment the Chairman was going to be wearing the no2 shirt...As the name written wasn't Norman   :salute:

Then again maybe he just had a bad a few days on The FTSE.  ( I know I have)

Nemesis

• View Profile
Re: Stephen Cleeve Twitter
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 09:17:38 AM »
How does Stephen Cleeve know it is lazy journalism? In these times of tightening belts could be that Greg's employer do not think paying the expenses for such a long trip is worthwhile.

“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 11:55:33 AM »
I have to say its a real shame that one of our best seasons ever is often overshadowed by a chairman that has no sense of what KLFC is all about and uses social media in a way that upsets many people. I will always be a Linnet but will not attend games or visit club premises while this person is here, have tried both and its not for me, hope things on the pitch continue the way they are.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 12:09:44 PM »
Careful, you may be branded "moaners" and banned from the ground.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 01:22:22 PM »
Some of you may wonder why Greg Plummer retweets the home club's tweets when we play away from home - that's because he never goes away so all the reports are what he reads elsewhere - lazy journalism

This is the latest tweet from our erstwhile Owner/Chairman.  He really is something else !!!

He has the audacity to criticise Plummer yet he has people lworking for him who are stuck in first gear where press releases etc are concerned.  For example can anyone tell me what is the problem with Cameron King, Tom Ward, Leon Mettam ?  How long will they be out for  etc etc

Surely Mr Chairman one has to get ones own house in order first before throwing out crass remarks about others who have been at the Club a long time before your arrival and a will be there a long time after you are gone and forgotten.

On last nights team sheet I thought for one moment the Chairman was going to be wearing the no2 shirt...As the name written wasn't Norman   :salute:

I stand to be corrected on this, but I don't think Clubs Media were at the game last night either. I think the tweets coming from them were also retweets from elsewhere.

I can't see there being anything wrong with that.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 01:24:59 PM »
I can't either. Second hand news is better than no news. Onward and Upward. :scarf:

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 01:27:22 PM »
I assume, as the EDP have not been included in this snipe, that they always sends someone.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 01:32:45 PM »
Having a family member who works for the Lynn news Mr Chairman, as you may know or should know that the paper has in the last few months been taken over. All new brooms sweep clean and look to save money. Its economic stupidity to send someone all that way on a Tuesday night. Anyway there was no shortage of information last night, and a special thanks to Mrs Granger.
I do hope that if you are guilty Mr Chairman you will do the decent thing and apologise, one day something like a comment like that will come back and bite you on the bum.   

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 01:34:00 PM »
... For example can anyone tell me what is the problem with Cameron King, Tom Ward, Leon Mettam ?  How long will they be out for  etc etc

Spoke to Tom on Saturday and he said he had an appointment yesterday, seems like it went well and he is starting his rehab earlier than originally anticipated.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 01:48:30 PM »
Was Mr. Cleeve at the game last night?

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 01:50:09 PM »
Yes he was according to his tweets

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 01:54:12 PM »
Was he wearing a King's Lynn scarf?  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 01:54:29 PM »
Yes he was according to his tweets

I am blocked by him.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 03:02:03 PM »

I stand to be corrected on this, but I don't think Clubs Media were at the game last night either. I think the tweets coming from them were also retweets from elsewhere.

I can't see there being anything wrong with that.

Apart from Yvonne's Tweets I thought the reports/tweets from Gosport were pretty fair.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 04:50:00 PM »
To be fair,a trip to Gosport on a Freezing Tues night for a banker win it isn't surprising.However I do think the standard of Lynn News reporting has dropped significantly in recent years and would be interesting to know if it is financial constraints preventing travelling or lazy journalism as Mr Cleeve states.