Author Topic: Stephen Cleeve Twitter  (Read 4025 times)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Re: Stephen Cleeve Twitter
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 04:51:59 PM »
Mr Cleeve is quick to state facts without checking them.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 05:09:24 PM »
To be fair,a trip to Gosport on a Freezing Tues night for a banker win it isn't surprising.However I do think the standard of Lynn News reporting has dropped significantly in recent years and would be interesting to know if it is financial constraints preventing travelling or lazy journalism as Mr Cleeve states.

One reporter now doing the job that two used to do could be a factor in it. Personally, I don't think the standard has dropped in recent years and the football club still appear to get the Lions share of the sports section.

Didn't the Lynn News sponsor a pitch side board only a few weeks ago?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 05:16:03 PM »
Would be interesting to know why Mr Cleeve himself didn't tweet throughout the game?  Or has he blocked so many people that if he did tweet nobody would see them? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 05:30:55 PM »
One reporter now doing the job that two used to do could be a factor in it. Personally, I don't think the standard has dropped in recent years and the football club still appear to get the Lions share of the sports section.

Didn't the Lynn News sponsor a pitch side board only a few weeks ago?

It was the same with the EDP. Their coverage has not been so good since Gavin Caney departed although it has been slightly better this season probably because the club have been more successful
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 05:58:08 PM »
Perhaps Mr Cleeve's immature behaviour will put a stop to the Lynn News renewing their board for next season but sponsorship, or lack of it, clearly doesn't matter to him.

Are you not aware that it is the constant moaning of disgruntled fans that put off advertisers?  :dontknow:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 06:40:11 PM »
Are you not aware that it is the constant moaning of disgruntled fans that put off advertisers?  :dontknow:
Really, I thought it was Mr Cleeve's past misdemeanours
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 07:17:57 PM »
.... and some of you wonder why you have been banned?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Westhamlinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 07:25:06 PM »
As a long distance linnet and occasional watcher of away matches I cannot understand the negativity with the club and chairman. What a great season you could support my team west ham and have the David sullivan and  gold as owners then you are entitled to moan

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 08:08:48 PM »
Might I suggest you Google our illustrious chairman?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 08:29:15 PM »
.... and some of you wonder why you have been banned?

As a matter of fact I don't wonder why I'm banned, I know full well, he went into great detail to tell me why I'm banned, and to be quite honest I m glad he banned me, I was on the verge of banning myself, he can do what he likes with the football club!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

GrahamB

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 08:44:25 AM »
He probably will ......... as he owns it! Couldn't agree more Westhamlinnet. Some people you can never win over,probably as sour grapes leave such a bitter taste!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 09:02:55 AM »
He probably will ......... as he owns it! Couldn't agree more Westhamlinnet. Some people you can never win over,probably as sour grapes leave such a bitter taste!

Sour grapes,not from me,I have always paid to watch my home town club and because I disagree with the Chairman I am banned,it would help if he got his facts right,a bit of a stranger to the truth he is,as his previous record and dealings prove? Can't see Reeds clamouring all over him to offer sponsorship,I wonder why? Why have many other sponsors pulled away? Come on GrahamB you seem to know it all,explain to the rest of us plebs? :dontknow:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2018, 10:29:46 AM »
Well everything looks pretty rosey doesn't it  ?!  Top of the league, 2nd highest attendance in the league, best manager for years, best squad for years, biggest buzz around the ground for years.... all largely facilitated by the Chairman....he may be outspoken and ruffle some feathers but he is getting the job done. Lots still to change at the club...it needs to be professional on all levels...marketing, media stewardship etc and this will surely bring a different type of fan to the club. The club has been stuck in a time warp for years...maybe at last possitivity will win over.  Btw Graham B  and others, I am a West ham fan too... now there is a cause for a protest....but at Lynn   ..can't see too much to moan about at the moment and in any case why would fans want to ...why not enjoy the ride....experiences like Hereford don't come around too often.

GrahamB

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2018, 11:49:26 AM »
KES80 I support Newcastle so I can sympathise with you!!! Mr Cleeve is light relief from Ashley and his London Mafia! At least Cleeve has the club at heart and has put his money where his mouth is. He has invested and moved KL forward by the calibre of manager and players brought in. IC has brought quality and professionalism to the club on and off the pitch this is reflected in the quality of football, fitness, commitment and league position. I think in August last year SC and IC would have snatched your hand off to be where we are now. Fantastic season so far and a great foundation for the future even if promotion isn't achieved this season.

GrahamB

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2018, 12:00:57 PM »
Griss, we stopped our sponsorship 2 seasons prior to Mr Cleeve taking over, for business reasons and not personal. It is a big commitment for a small business to make in the current economic climate hence I would imagine the difficulty in finding a sponsor. Yes I did have "FREE" entry for 2 seasons but that was in return for 5 figure sponsorship! The offer, after we stopped, was made to me by Buster to continue gaining free entry but I refused this and paid my dues plus £1 to sit with the so called plebs. The fact you got banned is between you and him, but in his position I would have done it too, albeit a lot sooner. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but the half dozen or so on here who constantly moan and criticise are not doing themselves or the club any favours to outsiders looking in. We should all be together enjoying this, perhaps one day you might be able to say "I told you so" but until then ........ give it a rest!