Author Topic: Tom Siddons  (Read 1766 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Tom Siddons
« on: February 10, 2018, 06:23:57 PM »
Apparently has gone out on loan to Spalding.

Played today and scored.

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Tom Siddons
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 06:30:25 PM »
I saw that lazy journo Plummer tweeted this a while back.  I guess the Clubs on the ball Press guys will get this out there sometime next week.  I would assume Mr Cleeve will offering Plummer a full apology followed by having words with his so called Press representives.   Well any self-respecting Club owner would.

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 07:40:44 PM »
There's around 20 signed on for the ressies, what's wrong with them, afterall they're the "future"

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 07:55:30 PM »
I am very surprised at this news. I think Siddons has done a great job for us, not always getting the chance his game deserves. His style is more of an out and out striker, were Gash often goes wide. And he is not shot shy. He is great back up.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 07:38:32 AM »
As with most On Loan players, Tom Siddons will be getting more regular games and developing - to the benefit of parent and loan clubs.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 09:02:26 AM »
Perhaps itís just a a couple of weeks loan whilst we donít have a game?

Itís a shame but itís so poor, that this hasnít been announced. Also still no official update on Ward, King and Mettam injuries. Hoping Mettam might be back with Siddons going out.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 09:35:20 AM »
93, if you don't have the right People in the right places then what can you expect. The Club has 2 people 'handling' Press releases at the club, and this is typical of what we get. Maybe they are just paying the job lip services to gain themselves free admission.  The amazing thing it seems Mr Cleeve seems quite happy with the lack of coverage the Club now enjoys/suffers

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 09:43:51 AM »
93, if you don't have the right People in the right places then what can you expect. The Club has 2 people 'handling' Press releases at the club, and this is typical of what we get. Maybe they are just paying the job lip services to gain themselves free admission.  The amazing thing it seems Mr Cleeve seems quite happy with the lack of coverage the Club now enjoys/suffers

Maybe they just want everything under the radar I donít no  :dontknow: Mr Cleeve Twitter says it is a one month loan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 10:36:12 AM »

Maybe they just want everything under the radar I donít no  :dontknow: Mr Cleeve Twitter says it is a one month loan.

My understanding of the rules are that loan agreements have to be for a minimum of one month?

Is that correct?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 11:30:57 AM »
Think that is right unless a player signs under duel registration then he can be choppe and changed as the club sees fit.

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 05:23:09 PM »
It is surprising because games per goal ratio is way better than Mettams and as has been said away from home we have often only had 3 subs.The lad has travelled the length and breadth of the country for just a few minutes here and there without complaint.

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 05:33:29 PM »
How you know he ain't complained?

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 07:34:33 PM »
From Clubs website:

Siddons links up with Spalding
February 11, 2018

Linnets striker Tom Siddons has joined Northern Premier League Division One North side Spalding United in a short term loan deal.

Siddons who has found the net 10 times for the Linnets has linked up with Lincolnshire side to gain some valuable match time.

Manager Ian Culverhouse said on Siddons move, ďTomís move to Spalding is to get him some valuable time on the pitch, Heís scored some crucial goals and very much remains a valuable member of my squad.

Siddons didnít take long in finding his feet at the ďTulipsĒ finding the net in Spaldingís

1-1 draw against Market Drayton

Spalding played Stockbridge Park Steels yesterday, not Market Drayton.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 07:35:06 PM »
Amazing.  I guess Mr Cleeve won't mention about lazy journalism after reading this?   :laughcry:  they even can't get it right who Siddons scored against.  Clue..... it wasn't Market Drayton who Spalding played on Saturday.  Come on Mr Hearle get a grip