Author Topic: The title race  (Read 1510 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
The title race
« on: February 20, 2018, 10:19:45 PM »
Tonight's games resulted in a 1-0 home win for Hereford, and a 3-0 away win for Kettering.

Slough were due to play last night, but their game was postponed.

http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/leaguetable.php?l=1&t=13
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: The title race
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 10:44:14 PM »
Good result for Kettering (but not us), lets hope Tiverton's pitch can stand up to two games in a week and we can shake off last weekends performance.

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 11:29:30 PM »
Thought Snots were going to do us a favour for a minute but Hereford eventually scored :(

Hereford vs Weymouth at weekend though, hopefully weymouth nick some points off them!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 02:02:22 PM »
Hereford vs Weymouth at weekend though, hopefully weymouth nick some points off them!

Have to agree to disagree Paulos, I would be more than happy to see Hereford get a big home win at the weekend.  Realistically we have all been playing for 2nd this season, that isn't defeatist imo just being realistic about the resources available at Hereford compared to others in the division, so any damage they can inflict on Weymouth (and Kettering for that matter) is fine by me.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 03:21:08 PM »
Tony, Lynn will finish the season where they deserve to finish.  We are a decent position so it is up to ourselves. We cannot reply on what other clubs do.   I agree though, I think Hereford 4 points clear, 2 games in hand, seemingly grinding out results, while seemingly not in a rich vein of form, will certainly take some catching.

I think we are a shoe in for the play-offs, then its a lottery.  I just hope we don't peak too early and we are hitting form at the right time.