Author Topic: Goal difference  (Read 3277 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Goal difference
« on: February 18, 2018, 09:26:33 AM »
 :scarf: I feel that goal difference could indeed become a decisive factor in which team will be playing at home in the playoff semi finals. I do not want to concede the title to Hereford and certainly will not until it is not possible to catch them, however in reality it's looking a very big ask ,but still possible. Looking below us Kettering and Weymouth have slightly inferior goal differences to us , but this can change weekly, there have been some high scoring games of late. I am not saying these are definitely going to be 3 of the teams in contention for the playoffs,but looking more likely as the matches pass by, Slough I believe will also be involved at the end off the season. This is just my opinion and it is still possible for other teams to sneak in to the mix ,but looking unlikely. What are other people's thoughts on this ? . :farmer:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Goal difference
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 03:20:50 PM »
Slough average 2points a game so with games in hand they are on the edge of the top 5 and a playoff place.

If we need to cement our playoff position we need to take 4-6points of Slough and grab all the points on offer against lower teams. Hereford could still slip up and our Away game on 10 March could be a banana skin for them (and us).
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 03:43:02 PM »
Can't afford to drop silly points as we did yesterday?   
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 04:20:45 PM »
 :banghead; all will, I believe drop points in the run in, not just us. If I was offered 2nd place in the league with a large points difference to between us and 5th  place 12 months ago ,I would have bitten people's hands off. Be positive and be proud KLTFC TILL I DIE.

Paulos

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 12:22:29 AM »
Can't afford to drop silly points as we did yesterday?   

Although disapointing to drop points at home they stuck at it until the end & got a valuable point.
To be fair to them, they started yesterdays match with the 3rd best away record in the league just look at the scores below from when they've played the bigger teams,even in the games theyve lost has been marginal (apart from hereford) they're certainly no mugs.
Hereford home L 0-1
Lynn home L 1-2
Slough home D 2-2
Kettering home D 1-1
Weymouth home L 1-2
Hereford away L 0-3
Slough away W 1-0
Lynn away D 1-1

I think most knew it'd be the play offs really what with Herefords huge resources, but it's still too early to write us off we've got the talent to beat anyone in this league as we've shown.
Lots of twists & turns yet, Kettering going away to Hereford last but one game of the season could be interesting....

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 08:45:41 AM »
Whilst I think the title race is over, Hereford still have play 6/7 of the top 8 at home. They will drop points. I do think the gap is to big now.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 10:34:06 AM »
In fairness to the Hereford away game too, spoke to a Hereford fan few weeks ago and they said 3-0 flattered them and Banbury were one of if not the best side they had seen come there this season.

Title was always going to be out of reach, just what Lynn have done in recent weeks is position themselves greatly to finish 2nd and home advantage all way in play offs which recent weeks has shown to be an advantage (albeit the pitch not being great). Hopefully though Hereford drop some points so the small possibility of winning is still there, meaning Lynn keep pushing hard. Don't want them to drop off slightly thinking title is over because that could then result slipping away from 2nd and entering the play offs in mixed form which is always hard to suddenly pick back up again.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 11:00:43 AM »
We did overhaul an 18 point lead held by Coalville?
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 06:00:28 PM »

We sure did, however this is a much higher quality league, I still feel we will be in the top 3 however I still think Hereford will be champions, not giving up hope as yet though, keep the faith, see where we are at the end of April . COYL.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 07:38:11 PM »

We sure did, however this is a much higher quality league, I still feel we will be in the top 3 however I still think Hereford will be champions, not giving up hope as yet though, keep the faith, see where we are at the end of April . COYL.

We were in a league we were equal in when we won that league, we are as good as any team in this league. 

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 06:19:31 PM »

We were in a league we were equal in when we won that league, we are as good as any team in this league. 

this is true Griss, however we could compete in that league with local lads on smaller wages with larger crowds . We now have to import most of our players from further afield on higher wages , which they command at this level, on smaller gates in general.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 06:45:17 PM »

this is true Griss, however we could compete in that league with local lads on smaller wages with larger crowds . We now have to import most of our players from further afield on higher wages , which they command at this level, on smaller gates in general.

That is the reason the gate prices went up,and the reason behind the 3 15 games,problem is the larger gates haven't materialised and people are not spending in the ground,probably didn't help with Fluxpulling out? :bankrupt:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 07:33:03 PM »

That is the reason the gate prices went up,and the reason behind the 3 15 games,problem is the larger gates haven't materialised and people are not spending in the ground,probably didn't help with Fluxpulling out? :bankrupt:

Don't let the facts get in the way of your nonsense Griss - last two years attendances in Southern Prem 488 & 544, this year it's 787 which even allowing for Hereford being a 'big fish' you can't say larger gates haven't materialised.

There are many things that still aren't right at the club but equally there have been some notable improvements compared to the previous regime.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 09:11:41 PM »

Don't let the facts get in the way of your nonsense Griss - last two years attendances in Southern Prem 488 & 544, this year it's 787 which even allowing for Hereford being a 'big fish' you can't say larger gates haven't materialised.

There are many things that still aren't right at the club but equally there have been some notable improvements compared to the previous regime.

Apologies for not doing my homework Tony,I just thought the attendances were closer,apart from more money being spent and upping the team I can see no notable improvements,nothing off the pitch has improved?

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 06:50:50 PM »

:banghead; Well said TonyM, totally agree all is not right, but we sure have seen lots of improvements over the last 12 months.