Author Topic: LIVE ONLINE  (Read 4452 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: LIVE ONLINE
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 08:07:27 AM »
I am somewhat surprised that as the Premier Non league side in the County that a 'report' like that is allowed to be put forward.   Plus I am equally surprised that the EDP Sport Editor passed that for print.... Its just ink on a page that says nothing.... Well yes it does say a lot actually.  At Home to Dunstable....  Come on Mr Cleeve have a word with these people pertaining to be representatives of your Club.  They are really not doing you or indeed your club any favours.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 08:46:07 AM »
Yes must be from the club as they have a good relationship with EDP according to the chairman.
This follows on from a similar mistake the club's media made last week maybe the chairman will change his stance from lazy journalism to incompetent journalism.
And to think these guys get in, eat and drink for free when the real supporters are expected to pay £12 and over the top prices for food and drink.

I’m pretty sure the club would be grateful if you offered to volunteer if you’re not happy with the club’s media coverage?

Do they eat and drink for free?  :dontknow:

I don’t!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2018, 09:23:06 AM »
Nothing left ?

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 09:39:24 AM »
I doubt EDP would have had a reporter at the game so where do they get their reports from?The Club?  :dontknow:
Isn't a matter of the EDP/Lynn News contacting Tiverton and asking to be put in touch with whoever writes the reports for the Tivvy website or the NLP and asking if they could use it for a small fee?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 10:04:47 AM »
Just to try and put some balance here.

I was unable to travel on Saturday. Milly was due to go but his lift cancelled at the last minute so he was also unable to travel. Usually one of us would do an EDP report. However when we cannot make it an attempt will be made by the paper for a local journo to cover. Failing this they would use a match report from the home team. It appears this time though this has not happened.

I also feel the need to set the record straight on our match day eating habits! On the say so of Stephen we are allowed a half time tea/coffee and a sandwich  from the upstairs lounge. Anything else such as hot food, soft drinks, beer etc we ( and rightly so) pay for. It's remarks and comments like some I have seen in this thread  that create a problem and bad feeling.

I am human and I make mistakes like everyone else. Some of the lines of communication from the club could be better I admit. However we volunteer our time as and when we can to try and make some difference to the club. We try our best. If that's not good enough for some of you well I'm sorry.       

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 11:19:22 AM »
Mark, I for one do not wish to get into a public debate on this matter.  You are on record saying how much praise you had from the press at Oldham over your handling of that game.  I assume you took all the plaudits offered.  On the other side  the coverage from your 'department' this season has been poor.  The report in the EDP was just a total waste of column inches.  Plus they couldn't get the name of the our next opponents correct. 

You guys get free admission to the Walks and afforded the best seat in the house, with refreshments also given to you.   If players or indeed the manager had performed as you and your partner on the media side have performed this season.  Would they still be in situ.   

To some fans  (not all I am sure) the Jobs you guys are going in the media are coming across as a little like 'Jobs for the boys'  rather than a professional job being done for a club of Kings Lynn's statue. 

This is not a personal attack Mark, more a request to cut out the lame excuses and up your game to an acceptable level.

NORMSKI

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 04:29:52 PM »
So Mallard you don't want to get into a public debate but go on to mention several things you are not happy about, isn't that what you are doing.
Whilst everything is not 100% on the reporting front from KL I ask you what would you rather have, what we had from Tiverton on saturday or the coverage we have on 99% of our games home and away.
Perhaps you could offer your services to Tiveton on match days as anything would be better than what we received from them on saturday.
The coverage on here on match days is far far better than a lot of teams at our level and remember it is all done by volunteers who do it for the rest of us who cannot get to matches.
I also note that Yvonne Grainger stated on her twitter account that although she was at Tiverton for the game she did not tweet due to negative comments after she had tweeted at the Gosport game.
People who moan about those that do tweet then moan when nobody tweets sounds a bit hypocritical to me.
I trust Mallard that doesn't include you ?

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 05:19:01 PM »
The Tiverton match report is fine, and therefore, there is no need to moan about the local "non existent" report. Lynn tried to play them at their own game,  but failed to lock down a passing period of play due to opposing enthusiasm and relentless individual pressure. Nice place, people and club. Fair result.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 06:16:14 PM »
Norm,  I don’t know who Y Grainger is,  do not use twitter. I do hope that puts your mind at rest on that one.

Mark Hearle, IMHO has always done a decent job for the club and has set the standard.  This season i feel the coverage offered has fallen below those standards.  I’m sure Mark will agree that what happened Saturday was not acceptable for a club of Lynn’s standing.  Ok Saturday he couldn’t be there, which happens but he was then let down by his understudy. 

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 07:10:55 PM »
I think that’s a little unfair to say he was “let down by his understudy”.

For the Tiverton game Mark’s “understudy” was left without transport late on Friday because the person originally taking him let him down. The team and other officials had already departed on Friday afternoon. This meant he was left with the option of a £90 return train fare on the Saturday. Contrary to what people on this forum seem to think, that would have come out of his own pocket.

For Gosport away, he had already started two trips before the game being called off upon reaching London, when the game was played he was in hospital so unable to attend. Whether you know Yvonne or not, most fans were grateful to her covering the game on Twitter, but received personal criticism from a few for her efforts, so why should she bother again in the future?

Mark has already said that communication could be improved, the Siddons loan recently highlighted that. Nobody in the club’s media team was made aware before he was named in the Spalding team, then they had to ring around to gather the correct information, otherwise it’s speculation rather than fact.

What should also be pointed out is that things have changed since Ian took over from Setch. It’s no longer “Access all areas” for the media team prior to games to avoid any unnecessary distractions for the players. Not a criticism, just different methods that people have had to get used to.

There was an article over the weekend about a non league club folding because all the volunteers had walked away. Not just talking about the media team but there is a lot of work done by volunteers on a match day. I’m not suggesting things are that serious, but think of what else the club could do if people were as quick to volunteer as they were to criticise individuals.

I’m sure lessons have been learned from Saturday, so time to move on. One team one dream and all that.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2018, 07:26:53 PM »
Talking of Media, will Radio Norfolk be doing better updates when Lynn travel to Hereford on Saturday week? before you all laugh I can remember them doing a live commentary on an away game at Team Bath a few years ago, on a Tuesday night !  And we won 4-1, happy days.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2018, 07:37:02 PM »
Robbo, Understudy, No 2, call it what you will.  Time to draw a line in the sand. Let’s hope like you say that lessons have been learned and things will improve going forward.

I ageee with you re. Y Graniger. No idea what the issue was with this but if she was good enough to offer a genuine view from a fan and got abuse then she’s quite right to say sod it.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 07:56:55 PM »
Really Robbo? You think that would do any good?
When the club needed a second media guy where was that job advertised?
When they needed a new guy on the tannoy, where was that advertised?
Jobs for the boys and the old pals act, simple as.

You obviously feel upset about the situation. There is nothing to stop you from offering your service to the club in some capacity. I’m sure they’re always looking for volunteers and I have no doubt they can find you something to do to assist the running of the club. I look forward to seeing you helping out.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2018, 08:32:10 PM »
Really Robbo? You think that would do any good?
When the club needed a second media guy where was that job advertised?
When they needed a new guy on the tannoy, where was that advertised?
Jobs for the boys and the old pals act, simple as.

Can’t remember a formal advert for the PA job, but it was well documented by the club that Alistair Cox was stepping down from the role. I contacted the club and offered to volunteer. I also didn’t know Mark Hearle personally at the time. I know Alistair left some big shoes to fill, and I’m probably not to everybody’s taste but I’m proud to work for the club, enjoy what I do and try to be professional in my role.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2018, 09:00:18 PM »
Talking of Media, will Radio Norfolk be doing better updates when Lynn travel to Hereford on Saturday week? before you all laugh I can remember them doing a live commentary on an away game at Team Bath a few years ago, on a Tuesday night !  And we won 4-1, happy days.
Norwich away to Hull so  doubt there will be much coverage.
Haven't Hereford got their own radio station?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”