Author Topic: LIVE ONLINE  (Read 3277 times)

robbo84

• View Profile
Re: LIVE ONLINE
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2018, 08:32:10 PM »
Really Robbo? You think that would do any good?
When the club needed a second media guy where was that job advertised?
When they needed a new guy on the tannoy, where was that advertised?
Jobs for the boys and the old pals act, simple as.

Canít remember a formal advert for the PA job, but it was well documented by the club that Alistair Cox was stepping down from the role. I contacted the club and offered to volunteer. I also didnít know Mark Hearle personally at the time. I know Alistair left some big shoes to fill, and Iím probably not to everybodyís taste but Iím proud to work for the club, enjoy what I do and try to be professional in my role.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2018, 09:00:18 PM »
Talking of Media, will Radio Norfolk be doing better updates when Lynn travel to Hereford on Saturday week? before you all laugh I can remember them doing a live commentary on an away game at Team Bath a few years ago, on a Tuesday night !  And we won 4-1, happy days.
Norwich away to Hull so  doubt there will be much coverage.
Haven't Hereford got their own radio station?
ďOnce you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shinesĒ

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2018, 11:45:01 PM »
At least we had the score throughout the game, and the final score. I can remember when you had to wait days to get the result from an away game. I don't agree with everything at the club, but this insignificant blip is no big deal really.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2018, 09:31:05 AM »
At least we had the score throughout the game, and the final score. I can remember when you had to wait days to get the result from an away game. I don't agree with everything at the club, but this insignificant blip is no big deal really.

The year we won the Eastern League having to exchange numbers with fans of our rivals as the only way was to keep each other updated by text. I remember the Hospital End going mental on our penultimate league game when breaking the news Eastleigh were beating Tonbridge, then Histon won and it went to the final day.

Lord Milsom

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2018, 03:04:38 PM »
Mallard or what ever else you hide behind on this forum as, If you would like to start a GoFund page for me to get to every game so that your beloved update service is kept up to scratch Iíll be more than happy to promote it. It seems to me that the issues you have with Mark and number 2 (obviously you mean me) are more personal than anything.

So, The only way to solve this, I will get together with Mark and Stephen Cleeve and we can get round the table and the ďChew the fatĒ as they say, And see if we can get to the bottom of your very personal grievance that you clearly have.

"WOKE UP THIS MORNING FEELING FINE"

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2018, 05:12:29 PM »
Lord M  or whatever you wish to call yourself.  I think thatís a great idea.  Anything that goes to improving the role you play must be good news for club. I look forward to hearing all the posti e results that come out of the meeting.  I truely looking forward to seeing a greater service in the future. We all like to do our bit for the club and hopefully a little spot of Ďadviceí helps us to up our game.  Would you not agree ?

As for a crowd funding scheme to help you I would respectfully suggest you do as others and make your own arrangements to travel to games.  Itís easy to blame others for our own short comings.

Just for the record I have this name and this name only on this forum and certainly do not use or Ďhideí behind any other names.  Just so you are clear on that
Stephen

Lord Milsom

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2018, 06:49:36 PM »
Stephen, Iím open to ďconstructiveĒ criticism, Me like most give up a lot of spare time to help the football club, And Iím proud of my efforts, I only took on this job to ease the pressure from Robbie Back and Mark Hearle.

If itís something that you can turn your hand at Iím more than Iím happy to gladly stand down and let you take my seat in the press box or as somebody mentioned earlier in the post, The best seat in the house.

The meeting will only take place with you in attendance as it seems that youíve got quite a few things that you need to get off your chest, Maybe you have the key that could unlock the media padlock to bigger and better things at Kingís Lynn Town Football Club.

Regards Chris Milsom (Lord Milsom) (Milly) (Lordmilsom85)

"WOKE UP THIS MORNING FEELING FINE"

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2018, 07:47:21 PM »
Chris,

Sure I can come for a meet with the 3 of you.  Give me a few dates and a venue. Please keep in mind I am 60 miles away from The Walks so that will be a 3 hour round trip, but I will gladly come and meet you. I do my little bit for the club and have never sought any form of recompense for this. I queue up with the other fans and pay my admission.

As for taking on the media task in your place maybe someone like Greg Plummer should be courted as he far greater experience than you or Mark, and certainly Me.  Can I leave that one for you to make the contact ?

I look forward to hearing from you further. If you require my email address or mobile just PM me and I will forward this to you.

Iím glad you have accepted that I only have the one name on here.  However if I do chang my name I will advise you of this just to save any misunderstanding.

Stephen

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2018, 11:28:47 AM »
As for taking on the media task in your place maybe someone like Greg Plummer should be courted as he far greater experience than you or Mark, and certainly Me.  Can I leave that one for you to make the contact ?

Not doubting Gregís experience and abilities as a reporter. Heís certainly been reporting on the club in local press for as long as I can remember, but with the greatest of respect would he want the role? In his current position his reporting interests extend to far more than just KLTFC, and as a result I still doubt he would be able to make every game, particularly away from home, due to his other commitments.

As for the experience levels of the current media team, experience can only be gained from actually doing the job and learning whilst doing it. Iíve read some of Chrisís match reports in the YLP which have generally been of a good, detailed standard. I personally feel that development and enthusiasm in a media/reporting role should be encouraged, that includes learning from mistakes.

General views around volunteering. I know Paul Hampson has recently returned to the club to film games again. After Paul stood down before we really struggled as a club to find anybody willing to do this. We had a couple of people come in, cover a game or two, then not come back. I tried to help out by filming interviews by Setch and later Ian to put online, purely with the view that providing something was better than providing nothing, but received criticism for doing so.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2018, 02:54:39 PM »
So Mallard you don't want to get into a public debate but go on to mention several things you are not happy about, isn't that what you are doing.
Whilst everything is not 100% on the reporting front from KL I ask you what would you rather have, what we had from Tiverton on saturday or the coverage we have on 99% of our games home and away.
Perhaps you could offer your services to Tiveton on match days as anything would be better than what we received from them on saturday.
The coverage on here on match days is far far better than a lot of teams at our level and remember it is all done by volunteers who do it for the rest of us who cannot get to matches.
I also note that Yvonne Grainger stated on her twitter account that although she was at Tiverton for the game she did not tweet due to negative comments after she had tweeted at the Gosport game.
People who moan about those that do tweet then moan when nobody tweets sounds a bit hypocritical to me.
I trust Mallard that doesn't include you ?
Anybody who made negative comments to Y Granger should be banned from ground

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2018, 04:45:38 PM »
So Mallard you don't want to get into a public debate but go on to mention several things you are not happy about, isn't that what you are doing.
Whilst everything is not 100% on the reporting front from KL I ask you what would you rather have, what we had from Tiverton on saturday or the coverage we have on 99% of our games home and away.
Perhaps you could offer your services to Tiveton on match days as anything would be better than what we received from them on saturday.
The coverage on here on match days is far far better than a lot of teams at our level and remember it is all done by volunteers who do it for the rest of us who cannot get to matches.
I also note that Yvonne Grainger stated on her twitter account that although she was at Tiverton for the game she did not tweet due to negative comments after she had tweeted at the Gosport game.
People who moan about those that do tweet then moan when nobody tweets sounds a bit hypocritical to me.
I trust Mallard that doesn't include you ?
Anybody who made negative comments to Y Granger should be banned from ground

At least with Y Grainger at games you got something?  P.S. You can only get banned for showing negativity towards Mr Cleeve or the club?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2018, 07:42:46 PM »
Well, I certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons by starting this thread.

As I am still in employment I am unable to travel, mid-week, to games further than St Ives, St Neots, Kettering etc. However, I do attend most Home games and attempt to post regular updates as the game progresses. Like most fans, I am there to watch and enjoy the match and have a jovial interaction with those friends around me. During lulls in the flow of the game I try to post observations and updates of interest.

I appreciate that Yvonne G and others are there to watch the game and cheer on the team. Why some moan about amateur reporting upsets me. Many irregular attending Lynn fans have congratulated me for my efforts and I appreciate their thanks.

No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2018, 08:18:50 PM »
I myself when I am unable to attend games will always follow the progress on the home page, it doesn't matter to me who comments so long as something is said. Sadly due to other people's commitments it is the bare minimum, but it is something. A far cry from years ago when you would have to wait for the pink un to get results, and usually that is all you got, the result. So all you people who do post,please carry on the good work.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2018, 09:36:49 PM »
I myself when I am unable to attend games will always follow the progress on the home page, it doesn't matter to me who comments so long as something is said. Sadly due to other people's commitments it is the bare minimum, but it is something. A far cry from years ago when you would have to wait for the pink un to get results, and usually that is all you got, the result. So all you people who do post,please carry on the good work.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I must add thanks to the Lynn News for sponsoring the live feed.  :cheers: