Author Topic: Ticketing prices  (Read 3170 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Ticketing prices
« on: March 02, 2018, 09:40:37 AM »
From Clubs website:

Chairman explains ticketing prices.

March 2, 2018

Chairman Stephen Cleeve has announced that the Kettering Town fixture on Easter Monday (April 2nd) will be a category B fixture £15 admission fee.

“At the beginning of the season I said that we would implement the category B pricing for three fixtures this season. However, following consultation, I have decided that only the Kettering Town fixture will become a ‘B’ fixture and all other games this season, including any subsequent play off games, will ALL be category ‘A’ games (£12).

“I have taken this decision in the hope that our support for the remaining weeks of the season will galvanise and increase in the support of Ian and the team as we enter the crucial part of the season.

“I have been slightly disappointed with some of the home attendances this season for a team that has, for the most part, been top of the table and playing some very attractive football.

“I am hoping for an increase in the gate revenue over the coming weeks as to help as it were, share some of the burden of running the football club.

“Despite lots of new ventures in our clubroom, increased revenue from new advertisers and a general increase in gates the club has been running at a loss.

“Only a few weeks back I put another £15,000 into the club to assist with some large bills and other outgoings. Whilst I appreciate that by being the club owner I am responsible for meeting the payment of this costing some further people through the gate over the next few weeks would be of a great help to the club.

“So my appeal to you all is that we have a tremendous team here at King’s Lynn at this moment and could really be on the cusp of a special season. Please come along in your numbers and support us in our quest for step 2 football.

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Ticketing prices
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 11:08:45 AM »
Interesting reading when you consider the loan that Mr Cleeve has made in the Lynn FC accounts for last year.  He is certainly having to put his hand in his pocket.  I wonder how much thas been added in this Financial year?  Is it sustainable and if so for how long.

Time for a fans forum or at least another online Q & A session ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 11:26:52 AM »
Gates on average have increased by roughly 44% over last season and maybe it would be higher without price hikes? Many said they would not attend at £12 so pricing high profile games at £15 is a no brainer?  And from what I have seen the overall spend by those attending the games has gone down, that extra £2 entry means maybe no programme? Question is, is our playing budget too high to be sustainable on what we have coming through the gate, looking at the figures the answer has to be yes? Apart from the football when we are winning there is nothing to remotely attract people to the games, so people come and watch and leave! If a 44% increase in gate revenue isn't enough, then what is?
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 12:23:06 PM »
We need to make sure if it is the play offs for us we get those all important home ties.

I went to the Hitchin v Hungerford semi final a couple of seasons ago, over 2,000 fans there.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 01:38:40 PM »
I can't see us failing to make the play offs,it is very much in our own hands, chairman needs to look at what can be done to attract fans to the remaining home games,we currently have 6 home games remaining and 5 away,you cannot just rely on results to bring people in? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 05:32:59 PM »
Sorry Gris, have to disagree with you there, football attendances are very much led by results, not only at KL but at every club in the country, world, if you're not winning or playing attractive football the numbers drop and visa versa.

What more do you expect a chairman to do? Ours has got us a good manager, funded a decent squad of players for this level, we have a stadium , facilities and a core crowd base that many clubs at a higher level would love to have.

I have been supporting Lynn for over 45 years now and no other chairman has regularly done anything more than our current one has to attract supporters, we just need to keep winning and banging the goals in.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 06:41:55 PM »
The money being stated that’s been pumped into the club via the chairman on more than one occasion this season worries me, does feel like this season and next will very much get up or we might see some long lasting issues.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 06:57:46 PM »
My fear is that if we don't get promoted this season how many of the fans that are enjoying our so far successful season will come back for another season at this level? What changes will be made to either increase income or reduce outlay? :dontknow:

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 09:11:26 PM »
We will be a big fish in a small pond or a medium fish in a big pond not the end of the world if we do not go up did I see Coalville in the Central Division we will win a lot more matches and less travelling I want to be promoted but nobody will die.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 09:36:58 PM »
Wonder if there will be another fans forum at the end of season with season ticket holders and friends invited, to decide on next seasons prices?  :dontknow:

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 10:02:54 PM »
We need to make sure if it is the play offs for us we get those all important home ties.

Important from a cash point of view but in terms of footballing advantage, I'm not so sure. 3 Southern League play offs at home as KLFC, vs Redditch, Chippenham and Maidenhead = 3 defeats.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 06:49:52 AM »
Think we are not seeing the bigger picture.  Last season which was a mediocre season Mr Cleeve stuck in a loan of 85k.  This is season he is part funding a promotion push, and has stated the club is losing money.  So the 85k is now what ? 

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2018, 07:58:49 AM »
If the chairman is relying on gate money to run and further the club Kings Lynn is on the slippery slope.
Hereford have been and still are a bigger club than Lynn probably bigger running costs also and cheaper entrance fee.
I read the Non League paper and study the gates and think how on earth do they survive ? no brainer really their social side
is probably as big as the football side. On more than one occasion "Fenman" offered his help free of charge to get involved
in fund raising ideas, his other club is Dulwich Hamlet who play in a very congested part of London football wise and survive
through a successful social side of the club, look at their League position current gates I apologise Kevin if I have this wrong, have'nt
seen you post for a while so hope you are OK.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2018, 08:51:20 AM »
Think we are not seeing the bigger picture.  Last season which was a mediocre season Mr Cleeve stuck in a loan of 85k.  This is season he is part funding a promotion push, and has stated the club is losing money.  So the 85k is now what ?

I didn't realise that the money being put in by the Chairman take the form of loans? So this means if he wishes to recoup his money the club will again be up ***t creek without a paddle?  :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2018, 09:14:34 AM »
Mr Cleeve has been true to his word in so much as he has backed his ideal with hard cash, and seemingly is continuing to do so.   The questions in my mind is how long is he prepared to do this and for how much.   I have no idea on Mr Cleeve personal wealth but I would suggest he didn’t make his money by running loss making football Clubs.  At what point will the club become self-funding and how will this be achieved under the current structure ?

With the Club n being 100% owned by one person I can see no safety net underneath. I would further suggest that if the worst happened that even the Trust wouldn’t be able to save it as things stand at the moment.

Let’s enjoy the standard of football and indeed ride the train but let’s keep an eye on the future at the same time.

I really hope the fans respond to Mr Cleeve’s  open request for more fans to pay at the gate to keep keep the club moving forward.  It’s a big ask to expect one man to carry this heavy burden.