Author Topic: Ticketing prices  (Read 3184 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Ticketing prices
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2018, 11:41:41 AM »
Think we are not seeing the bigger picture.  Last season which was a mediocre season Mr Cleeve stuck in a loan of 85k.  This is season he is part funding a promotion push, and has stated the club is losing money.  So the 85k is now what ?

I didn't realise that the money being put in by the Chairman take the form of loans? So this means if he wishes to recoup his money the club will again be up ***t creek without a paddle?  :dontknow:

Perhaps a sing along to Monty Pythons "Always look on the bright side of life, la la, la la, la la la la la la la la la la" Gris?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 12:09:21 PM »
Mr Cleeve has been true to his word in so much as he has backed his ideal with hard cash, and seemingly is continuing to do so.   The questions in my mind is how long is he prepared to do this and for how much.   I have no idea on Mr Cleeve personal wealth but I would suggest he didn’t make his money by running loss making football Clubs.  At what point will the club become self-funding and how will this be achieved under the current structure ?

With the Club n being 100% owned by one person I can see no safety net underneath. I would further suggest that if the worst happened that even the Trust wouldn’t be able to save it as things stand at the moment.

Let’s enjoy the standard of football and indeed ride the train but let’s keep an eye on the future at the same time.

I really hope the fans respond to Mr Cleeve’s  open request for more fans to pay at the gate to keep keep the club moving forward.  It’s a big ask to expect one man to carry this heavy burden.

Mallard, a couple of points. 

Whilst I am certainly enjoying the football that SC appears to be subsidising to such a degree, the 'heavy burden' is partially self inflicted in that he is the one who came in with what many seasoned Linnet's fans thought were unrealistic expectations / aspirations.  That isn't to say I hope he fails, far from it, but equally there isn't a lot of sympathy either.

Also the point about a safety net .  Obviously the accounts are for 2016/17 season and very few know the position this season but from those accounts it looks like creditors (including HMRC) were manageable with SC's loan being by far the largest debt.  Perhaps more worrying is that the losses for that season seem way out of kilter for what was a pretty mediocre side (at best) in the division, so this season even with an impressive rise in gate numbers (and with a price rise to boot) SC must be looking at some pretty horrible red numbers.  Will be interesting to see what the balance sheet looks like because I can't see HMRC letting things get out of control in the way they did for Bobbins et al so maybe, just maybe there could still be a club if the current benefactor walked away.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 12:52:56 PM »
Tony there lies the rub. As you say the 85k put in seems out of sync with what was on offer, however I want to believe that was down to first year inexperience on Mr Cleeve’s part.   However with what the club now has ( full time Manager ex Premer League) big name signings ( non League), it does make me wonder what the EBITDA will look like when figure come out in March 2019 ( long way ahead).

I also note that Lynn Fc is owned by a parent company. ( still Mr Cleeve). 

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2018, 03:25:26 PM »
The question going forward as well is...will the cost/outlay of promotion if gained outpace the extra revenue gained from "increased" gates. Majority of teams at the next level are fulltime.... :dontknow:

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2018, 03:55:47 PM »
Mallard a well reasoned post and much of my thoughts there is no such thing as a free meal and Mr Cleeve does not strike me as a charitable man he must have some end game. His business plan for the Football Club is unsustainable in the short, medium or long term unless he has bottomless pockets that I do not think he has. I hope we are wrong or it might be a bump. The Club and fans remain, owners come and go.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2018, 05:27:31 PM »
We need to make sure if it is the play offs for us we get those all important home ties.

Important from a cash point of view but in terms of footballing advantage, I'm not so sure. 3 Southern League play offs at home as KLFC, vs Redditch, Chippenham and Maidenhead = 3 defeats.

The play off games are always going to be a lottery. If memory serves me correctly we did a league  double over Chippenham that season then lost in the play offs. Whether we are home or away you must win two “must win” games, the only other thing the club has to gain is financially from a home tie or two.

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2018, 08:29:27 PM »
To be fair if a play off place is on the cards, and it looks like it is. Now should be the time to stop all matches being played on the walks except the remaining 1st team games. Quality of the pitch should be paramount going into these games, even more so now IC has introduced more of a passing style.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2018, 08:37:49 PM »
To be fair if a play off place is on the cards, and it looks like it is. Now should be the time to stop all matches being played on the walks except the remaining 1st team games. Quality of the pitch should be paramount going into these games, even more so now IC has introduced more of a passing style.

Tricky one,even though reserve games bring in a fraction of the crowd for the first team it is income,I wouldn't say a massive profit but a profit? If you end up playing the reserve games away it costs money,so instead of a small profit it would be a small loss? :bankrupt:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEONEYOUNEED

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2018, 07:03:24 PM »
Well done the Chairman, IMHO....  He has shown the ambition this club has mostly lacked.  I know it’s a risky business to say the least, but managed risk could see us make real progress.  The officials deserve to see distinctly bigger crowds come through the turnstiles, and that really is the key to progress. 

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2018, 04:14:06 PM »
Should we get Kettering at home in the play offs admission will be £3 cheaper. What a joke.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2018, 06:49:01 PM »
And a bigger crowd!