Author Topic: Car Park Charges  (Read 3269 times)

Coast_Hopper

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Car Park Charges
« on: March 05, 2018, 06:45:03 PM »
Looks like the club have a new revenue stream, the car park is to be resurfaced and charges introduced

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
Re: Car Park Charges
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 10:39:56 PM »
I was under the impression that the bit of land at the front wasn’t actually part of the stadium. Things you learn.

Also, I wonder if under the terms of the lease they had to get the councils permission to make such material changes?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 10:41:17 PM »
The disabled car park?
surely not.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 11:02:58 PM »
Looks like the club have a new revenue stream, the car park is to be resurfaced and charges introduced

Where does it say this has anything to do with the Club?

I seem to remember we were previously told that the Club only has control of this car park on match days, and even then only between certain hours.

Coast_Hopper

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 11:14:18 PM »
Its not the council that have done this as they would manage the car park themselves, the car park will be managed by a car park company from Norwich as you can see from the photo

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 08:51:42 AM »
From their website: "Please note: Car Park will be closed on match days."
I assume it means first team matches but it doesn't say, neither does it say what hours.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 10:41:00 AM »
From their website: "Please note: Car Park will be closed on match days."
Hasn't that always been the case since the Club was reformed?  :dontknow:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 08:31:03 PM »

When is this piece of news coming from? There's nothing on any website that I can find.

It's March, not April 1st yet.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 09:14:17 PM »
Ah Ha, it all becomes clear now - It's the St JAMES Car park in Extons Road (Old Hospital).

From 9 Feb King's Lynn Facebook page:
CAR PARKING INFORMATION

Just to inform you that the front car parks at St James are going to be re-surfaced from next week. The work has been split into two phases, so that one of the car parks will be available throughout the works.

The first phase will see the first car park closed off, so parking will only be available in the second car park. This is expected to be completed by the end of February and from the beginning of March work will start on the second car park, completing by the end of March.

There are a sufficient number of spaces in each car park to cater for the number of permits you have sold (22), so there should, hopefully, be no issues for your supporters.

I’d be grateful if you could please pass this information on to all of the supporters who have purchased permits to park at St James
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 09:29:54 PM »

When is this piece of news coming from? There's nothing on any website that I can find.

It's March, not April 1st yet.

Was mentioned in the Dunstable (3rd Feb) programme notes. Hadn’t read them to the end until today

Click on the image to enlarge

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 09:46:37 PM »
This is an absolute "Bugger's Muddle".

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 11:38:45 PM »
Apparently had to remove the ticket machines as permission was not sought or granted, what next boarding up the windows of the houses opposite unless they pay a fee? :dontknow:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 01:48:56 PM »
Apparently had to remove the ticket machines as permission was not sought or granted, what next boarding up the windows of the houses opposite unless they pay a fee? :dontknow:

Article in Friday 23 March YLP - Council says its not theirs, Mr Cleeve says they are in discussions with Council.

No permission or allowed in Lease.

Has no one heard of Planning Permission? I hope it's turned down as it's only going to be a "money spinner" on match days.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 02:09:50 PM »

Article in Friday 23 March YLP - Council says its not theirs, Mr Cleeve says they are in discussions with Council.

No permission or allowed in Lease.

Has no one heard of Planning Permission? I hope it's turned down as it's only going to be a "money spinner" on match days.

From YLP:

Quote: "A pay to park machine has been installed in the car park outside King’s Lynn Football Club in Tennyson Road.

However, it is not in use pending further talks between car park owners West Norfolk Council and the football club.

A council spokesman said: “They are not our machines and the terms of the football club’s lease does not allow for them, so we’ve asked that they not be put into operation.”

Club chairman Stephen Cleeve said: “The machines are covered up and are not in use. The club has full use of the car park on match days and the car park is not open on those days to the general public.”"

The club added: “Talks between the football club and the borough council will take place in due course to resolve the situation.”

Should someone lobby the Borough Council to oppose this idea - as I said before "a money spinner on match days".  Or will the Council jump on the bandwagon and do a full time Car Park? Watch out local residents who use this rough bit of ground on an ad hoc basis.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 05:18:16 PM »
I will keep an eye out on eBay for a Parking ticket machine, never been used.