Author Topic: Slough Tuesday?  (Read 2657 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Slough Tuesday?
« on: March 11, 2018, 01:00:24 PM »
So after the massive win at Hereford on Saturday will the momentum be carried over to Tuesday nights visit of Slough? Could this see a gate of 1000+? No price rise for this game, Slough within reasonable travelling distance, could bring a few over, would be great to see all behind the team.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
Re: Slough Tuesday?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 03:09:41 PM »
Are you going Grissles?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 03:11:30 PM »
Are you going Grissles?

I will be there. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 07:02:16 AM »
This is arguably the most important game of the season: beat Slough and Lynn's chances of finishing second will increase dramatically. This is the proverbial 6 pointer.

The game deserves a massive crowd: normal prices; Lynn's first home game since the 17th Feb: gotta be 1,000 plus!

I just hope that the pitch is fit for purpose!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 07:42:23 AM »
And I have yet to see the game promoted anywhere? Should have been prepared for this game and really ramped up the publicity? :dontknow:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 08:23:37 AM »
Some other important games on Tuesday, Hereford are Away at Biggleswade who could take a point (hopefully all 3).

Kettering have a bunch of bananas of a game against Tiverton -  :comeon: Tivvy.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 10:09:22 AM »
I have a hunch this will be the first of three games we'll play against Slough before the end of the season. So long as we definitely win the third all will be good.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 10:22:59 AM »
Lots of twists and turns yet,so long as we stay thereabouts.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 10:31:31 AM »
How Long is your ban Griss ?     I remember Eric Cantona got a 9 month ban but he did Kung Fu kick a fan. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 11:01:42 AM »
I wonder how long Carragher is going to get?

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 07:31:59 PM »
I think Jamie C. will get fired by Sky, if you cant stand the heat etc. etc.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 03:57:24 AM »
Will the game be on? Been raining all night.  :rain:

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 11:58:13 AM »
Assume that the game is still on tonight -   bet the pitch is still very waterlogged after all the rain  we have had

anybody throw any light  on it and is there a pitch inspection

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 12:42:14 PM »
I am sure IC is more than capable of putting a game plan together to counter the pitch.  It might not be free flowing, but I guess its all about 3 points at this stage of the season.  It could turn out to be a mud bath tonight ( Bit like Cheltenham this arvo).    After Saturdays excellent result the tails should be well up and can see a 3-1 win for us.....gate..... how about 1066 ( what a year that was).

Anyone know once we reach the play-offs  does the home team keep the gate ( as a reward for league placing) or is a shared event ?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 01:15:45 PM »
This is arguably the most important game of the season: beat Slough and Lynn's chances of finishing second will increase dramatically. This is the proverbial 6 pointer.

The game deserves a massive crowd: normal prices; Lynn's first home game since the 17th Feb: gotta be 1,000 plus!

I just hope that the pitch is fit for purpose!

Totally agree Stan.  Does anyone know the dates for the playoffs?  Is it the semis in the midweek after the final fixtures on the 28th April and then a final on May bank holiday?