Author Topic: Tonight's game v Slough  (Read 2404 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Tonight's game v Slough
« on: March 13, 2018, 10:11:03 PM »
Job done!

:scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's game v Slough
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:20:25 PM »
How Slough only had one sent off is a mystery perm any 3 from 4-7-3-5 but the number four was a disgrace

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 10:47:12 PM »
For a team many seem to consider the best attacking force they played extremely negative, set up for a draw.

Unsure wether our direct football was a plan due to them not having anyone over 6ft or if it was just down to the pitch but I agreed with it. Not many fans around me enjoyed it but I think it was required tonight. I thought the whole team played well tonight, but Jarvis was my standout.

Would be shocked if the game is on Saturday with the condition the pitch is in.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 12:30:34 AM »
Agree.Jarvis man of match by a mile although the whole team worked really hard.There was no way you could play slick football on that mud heap.If Hawkins had his shooting boots on we would have been out of sight.

SamsDad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 08:07:11 AM »
Good win, battled hard. Hawkins for me was poor, kept the ball far too long and was wasteful.

Slough looked dangerous going forward but that thankfully didn't happen too often, their number 4 was lucky not to of been seen by the ref on a few occasions!

Would of been nice to seen a bigger crowd?!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 09:30:52 AM »
Is 750 disappointing ?  I am not so sure.   I Think it is were Non league football at Kings Lynn is these days.  Gone are the days of 1000 plus gates accept for the odd big game, Like Boxing day, New Years day etc.   However I would hope that if its the play-off route then we could see 1500-1800 there.

Still feel much more could be done in terms of getting the word out there.  I am really surprised that Mr Cleeve is not getting onto this job and getting it sorted.   The guy has done some good things, like sponsored  free tickets each home game for  those that perhaps cannot afford it.  The Ray hall soccer school spreading the Word over the County.  Plus other ideas he has brought in.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 09:55:55 AM »
Is 750 disappointing ?  I am not so sure.   I Think it is were Non league football at Kings Lynn is these days.  Gone are the days of 1000 plus gates accept for the odd big game, Like Boxing day, New Years day etc.   However I would hope that if its the play-off route then we could see 1500-1800 there.

Still feel much more could be done in terms of getting the word out there.  I am really surprised that Mr Cleeve is not getting onto this job and getting it sorted.   The guy has done some good things, like sponsored  free tickets each home game for  those that perhaps cannot afford it.  The Ray hall soccer school spreading the Word over the County.  Plus other ideas he has brought in.

I can't understand why they stopped putting the posters online,I always used to print a few off and put in my car and up at work? I'm sure others did as well? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 10:10:35 AM »

I can't understand why they stopped putting the posters online,I always used to print a few off and put in my car and up at work? I'm sure others did as well? :dontknow:

Always used to be a poster advertising next fixture at Top Chef in Gaywood. Haven't seen one there for quite a while now.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 12:28:41 PM »
This issue with the crowd has come up before, Slough never take many away to a midweek game, also we are at home to Farnborough on Saturday, for adults with the bits and pieces added on you are talking about 30 in one week. That's a big chunk out of some pay packets, the  crowd last night was decent. There was also that rubbish northern team on TV.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 12:57:45 PM »
This issue with the crowd has come up before, Slough never take many away to a midweek game, also we are at home to Farnborough on Saturday, for adults with the bits and pieces added on you are talking about 30 in one week. That's a big chunk out of some pay packets, the  crowd last night was decent. There was also that rubbish northern team on TV.

At this stage of the game winning against top teams, making the play offs and if Hereford slip up massively winning the league, big ask I know?  Do you not think that the PR team should be pulling out all the stops to pull people in, could have offered a mini season ticket to pull in fans and funds for the final push? Should forget the 15 price tag for Kettering, place would be stacked at normal price?
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 01:28:09 PM »
Three points is three points, thought Slough shaded it first half with some good closing down but as we have seen so often this season very few sides can maintain that over 90 minutes and the gaps started to appear with Jarvis and Clunan finding more and more space and using the ball well.  We can all have a different view Linnet1993 but I thought as the game wore on we relied less and less on the longer ball and looked all the better for it, yes the pitch didn't make it easy and there will always be the odd mistake trying to 'overplay' but the pros still far outweigh the cons for me.  Thought the conditions hampered Hawkins to the extent that I would have replaced him rather than Parker who I thought was having a good game, yes Ryan had a couple of chances near the end but just looked 'out of sorts' with the bumpy pitch and some (unpunished) over-physical attention from Slough.

We now need to back the past week up - how many from Weymouth and Kettering expected us to bag 6 points from these two games?  Slough and Kettering's games in hand look more and more like a handicap and IC's men have certainly put the pressure firmly back on the chasing pack.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2018, 01:49:20 PM »
On my travels around the country I often see pre match posters for games in various shops in towns.
Maidstone  used the local tourists info centres as well and even had some old programme s there.

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 02:53:56 AM »
The game was advertised on KLFM at regular intervals. Also the days of 1000 plus gates aren't that long gone as our last home game against Banbury was over a thousand.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2018, 10:58:05 AM »
The last time we had some good crowds was in the latter half of season 95/96, our last 3 home games amassed 6815, against Nuneaton, Bridgenorth , and Stourbridge. 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2018, 11:51:07 AM »
Long suffering, for surer we are going to get the odd one marked at over 1000, however this is far the norm these days.