Author Topic: Match Day  (Read 3307 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Match Day
« on: March 27, 2018, 08:25:31 AM »
Is the match actually on tonight ?  Not seen to much PR going on.  ( why am I not surprised).... Oh well England playing Italy on the TV, I would have thought double effort's would have been made to get body's through the gate.

None so blind as those who will not see, as the saying goes.

jackdaw

• View Profile
Re: Match Day
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 09:06:50 AM »
I can remember being able to print off a poster to put in my window, footfall fairly constant on a main road, free of charge advertising other than to me
ie ink and paper. amazing for someone trying (or NOT) to get people through the gate.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 09:46:47 AM »
I can remember being able to print off a poster to put in my window, footfall fairly constant on a main road, free of charge advertising other than to me
ie ink and paper. amazing for someone trying (or NOT) to get people through the gate.

I used to print a few off as well, put up at work and in my car windows,  board outside the ground tells me that the next home game is Farnborough?  Is there nobody picking up what Backy used to do?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 10:18:11 AM »
England on the telly is enough incentive for me to watch Lynn.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 10:44:20 AM »
Rain falling all day, will it go ahead?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 11:30:39 AM »
I do know that they are trying to conserve the pitch so that all first team games are played on the best surface possible, is this why they are trying to switch the youth game tomorrow to Swaffham?  :dontknow:

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 03:43:03 PM »
As I've said before 2 home games in a week, the other being a £15 game on Monday, its to much for many. so tonight, being wet and England on TV, the gate will be around 500, if we get a decent result I'm thinking maybe 1500 on Monday. 

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 05:03:15 PM »
I am bringing 2 with me tonight, ones first ever time at the walks. Expecting 800 tonight. As for the Kettering game really feel the crowd could be anywhere between 900 and 1300

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 05:17:03 PM »
Like Linnet1993 I'm bringing an extra person tonight. His first game at The Walks for a couple of seasons. With England being on the TV tonight it was an easy decision to make about which game to watch.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 07:07:06 PM »
Can't get there A47  closed diversion would take too long

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 08:34:31 PM »

Very nasty multi vehicle accident at Middleton.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 10:17:36 AM »
An accident in Middleton means the A47 was closed from Hardwick to Swaffham how does that work.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 11:22:57 AM »
Now we have achieved the play offs what are the dates of the semis and final.
WELL DONE EVERYONE!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 01:34:03 PM »
WELL DONE EVERYONE!

Not quite by my calculations, even with Slough and Royston having to play each other twice I think they can both mathematically catch us along with Weymouth and Kettering.  That said it would take a hell of a turnaround for us not to make the playoffs and six points from the next two games would put us in a very strong position to clinch 2nd spot depending on the outcome of Saturdays fixture at Kettering.

Accident at Middleton didn't cause that much of an issue apart from a minor detour (through Narborough and then again via Blackborough End) which was fine in a car but wouldn't want to do it in a lorry so hence you could understand the 'official' detour being down the A10 and back up to Swaffham by the stock car track.

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 05:47:31 PM »
WELL DONE EVERYONE!

Semi Finals Wed 2nd May
Final  Monday 7th May