Author Topic: Fan club?  (Read 622 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Fan club?
« on: April 07, 2018, 11:35:26 PM »
I see an attempt has been made at the request of some fans for a coach to be laid on for the Slough game,and despite the sterling efforts of volunteers on behalf of the FOTL the coach remains largely unfilled,I understand they need another 18 people by Monday lunchtime to allow the coach to go ahead? The sad thing is that prior to the club going bust there was actually a fan club,that actually catered for the needs of the fans,over the years before going tits up the club had a very healthy away following,I believe busses put on in those days were quickly filled? As it stands at the moment we have the Trust and the FOTL, the Trust it seems exists due to a need a few years back for someone to take control of the club,so the Trust was born,but the Trust for whatever reasons failed in their bid to take over the club, the trust still waits in abeyance should the need arise for them to step in? The FOTL it seems were formed in order to give the impression that the club was fulfilling terms of the lease by having a fan body associated with the running of the club, volunteers from the FOTL perform many tasks at the football club, but their major task seems to be raising funds for the club? Regardless of what involvement the Trust may have in  the future running of the club, I feel it is time that the FOTL moved more towards being a fan club/social club and thinking of the fans first, with fundraising being of secondary importance? Increase the membership cost to the FOTL and make it a proper social club,which would hopefully have the knock on effect of more fans offering help? Much as we all love our club it is about time that our club loves the fans, brilliant season so far on the pitch,but again not such a good season off the pitch? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
Re: Fan club?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 01:10:21 PM »
 "the Trust it seems exists due to a need a few years back for someone to take control of the club"

No. It was formed by supporters who were concerned, by the way the people who were in control of the club were operating.  The formation of a Trust was to give  ALL supporters a voice. As we all know the situation was a lot worse than anyone imagined.

As for the rest of your post Grissles a lot of sense in there. But i can't see why the Trust needed to get a mention.  :stir:

As you know Mr Cleeve would like the money and nothing else.