Author Topic: Attendance  (Read 2341 times)

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Re: Attendance
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 03:15:20 PM »
With reference to the Napier "crowd", I am informed that showing a live feed from a game to another premises is classed as streaming, so unless you have a license and are making a donation to the football club, what you are doing is against the law. Grissles?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 03:38:45 PM »
With reference to the Napier "crowd", I am informed that showing a live feed from a game to another premises is classed as streaming, so unless you have a license and are making a donation to the football club, what you are doing is against the law. Grissles?

Mr Cleeve has already stressed on numerous occasions that he doesn't want my money, so I didn't want to embarrass him by offering any. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 05:16:24 PM »
Gone are the days of regular 1,000 attendances, except the odd special days. We are Southern League, playing football typical of our division - scrappy and inconsistant - sometimes good, sometimes bad. The average cost in the Southern League is around 10 pounds. We are charging up to 15 quid (football league prices). Therefore it is difficult to justify higher charges to attend, unless we play in a higher division. God willing it will happen in the play offs. On balance after watching Lynn for 20 years, I believe that we have the potential to get promoted.
Special games like Hitchin and Banbury?I also wouldn't say we've been scrappy.Not until the pitch deteriorated and even then still played some decent stuff.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2018, 04:12:49 AM »
This year, rather oddly, our three biggest attendances have all been weeknights.

Hitchin, Hereford and Kettering. I would imagine this hasnít happened very often.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 04:18:32 AM »
How much higher would it have been at £12, massive crowd but 50/50 tickets wel down,what of the other spend in the ground?
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2018, 07:50:47 AM »
Basing it on £15 to £12 ration Griss..The gate would have had to been around 1430 to take the same revenue.   did the £3 difference really stop people attending ?   I guess we will never know.  The important things is we came from behind to take the 3 points on offer on a krap pitch. Showed a lot of character.  I wonder at what cost though come Saturday ?  Must be a few doubts for that game   

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 10:18:10 AM »
Firstly what an effort from the boys again, under physical pressure and losing the first goal to carry on with the passing game was a pleasure to witness :worship: :clap: now the attendance, very surprised with the turnout, in my opinion their seemed more than Hereford at home, due to the normal pockets of fans in certain areas, surely our chairman was pleased with that :dontknow: thanks for your input on this post..... :scarf:

Non League

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 01:19:50 PM »
I have to say I thought there was much more at the game last night then the one at Hereford. When I was looking around during the first half I was thinking based on the Hereford game there was 1400 there, so was surprised to see it less.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 07:22:50 PM »
I have to say I thought there was much more at the game last night then the one at Hereford. When I was looking around during the first half I was thinking based on the Hereford game there was 1400 there, so was surprised to see it less.

:sad:  :dontknow:  :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 10:31:41 PM »
Griss I do wonder what the flick you will dream of next

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2018, 12:37:09 AM »
Griss I do wonder what the flick you will dream of next

My imagination is nearly as vivid as that of our illustrious chairman. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: